Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regional C *A RTW, finishing flying every route (100+) of an airline, QF A380 & more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional C *A RTW, finishing flying every route (100+) of an airline, QF A380 & more

I can't be bothered copying my FT trip report here, so apologies for dumping a link to the report.

Index

Introduction
    Something new
    Fly every route
    Auckland to Wellington on NZ 737 in economy space+
    Wellington to Nadi on NZ A320 in economy
    Nadi to Christchurch on NZ A320 in economy
    Transit in Christchurch
    Christchurch to Auckland on NZ 737 in economy space+
    Christchurch to Auckland on NZ 777 in business
    Visas
    Auckland to Okiwi on Fly My Sky Britten Norman Islander BN-2B in couch
    Okiwi to Claris on Fly My Sky Britten Norman Islander BN-2B in couch
    Claris to Auckland on Fly My Sky Britten Norman Islander BN-2B in couch

---
    next up QF A380 promotional flight

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
    next up QF A380 promotional flight
    Lots of pics please!
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

OMG - that's some serious flying!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        OMG - that's some serious flying!
        Too true, but anything less wouldn't really be Kiwi.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Christchurch to Auckland on NZ 777 in business
          This is the flight that goes to/originates from NRT right? Other than that I don't think there are any other flights within NZ's domestic network that offers J.

I've never done AKL-CHC-AKL but I've done AKL-WLG-AKL & AKL-ZQN-AKL and never have I seen a J cabin on those aircrafts.
          Last edited by Rejuvenated; 8 October 2008, 01:43 PM.
          My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

There are only 2 flights that sell business class and include a domestic NZ leg. KIX-CHC-AKL and NRT-CHC-AKL. In both cases CHC-AKL cannot be bought in business class on a regular fare offered by Air NZ. They can be bought by some other fares.

NZ sometimes has A320 repositioning flights between AKL and CHC, AKL and WLG or WLG and CHC. These have 8 business class seats, but sold as economy (with economy service). A nice seat is a good perk of high enough status to get one of those seats.

QF has some a/c with business class seats at the front (all their 734s and 2 of their 733s), which can be on any domestic route (although priority is for trans-tasman). Again, economy service but the nicer seat is a good perk of high enough status to get one of those seats.

DJ has no premium seating on a/c used within NZ.

Comment

Why Air NZ fly to CHC then to AKL and not direct to AKL?

There are only 2 flights that sell business class and include a domestic NZ leg. KIX-CHC-AKL and NRT-CHC-AKL. In both cases CHC-AKL cannot be bought in business class on a regular fare offered by Air NZ. They can be bought by some other fares.

NZ sometimes has A320 repositioning flights between AKL and CHC, AKL and WLG or WLG and CHC. These have 8 business class seats, but sold as economy (with economy service). A nice seat is a good perk of high enough status to get one of those seats.

QF has some a/c with business class seats at the front (all their 734s and 2 of their 733s), which can be on any domestic route (although priority is for trans-tasman). Again, economy service but the nicer seat is a good perk of high enough status to get one of those seats.

DJ has no premium seating on a/c used within NZ.

Comment

They go via CHC a couple of days a week only, the other days the flight is nonstop to AKL. Reason is most Japanese tourists head to CHC and ZQN.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                  Lots of pics please!
                  eoinnz has been on several of the A380 training flights and has posted some pics in the QF forum on FT.

Comment

A380 flight has been posted to the TR.

Comment

Super update, Kiwi. Cheers!
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I ran out of time yesterday. The posts on the new F is finished now, and the other new hard products will be up shortly.

Comment

Thanks for your reviews on the QF product, Kiwi. I've enjoyed reading your TR.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                          X