A380 - sq 317 - lon to singapore -j class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A380 - sq 317 - lon to singapore -j class

First I would like to say sorry for not having any pictures. Having arrived in Heathrow from Dublin to discover I have picked up my camera very very early that morning and forgot to out the batteries in. Very clever indeed but I think you all know at this stage what the new a380 business class look like.

Anyway after an very uneventful BMI flight to T1 we transfered over to T3 and flew through priority security. We headed straight to the VS lounge to relax etc. Once again the VS lounge is without doubt the best in the business. Its just 1st class in all areas. We headede to the bistro and had a fantastic breakfast and then to the bar for a few cocktails to get us "warmed" up for our long haul. I tried for a treatment but it was full so after a while we decided to head over to the SIA busness class lounge. To be honest this lounge is nothing to shout about at all. A few sambos , small bar and very crowded indeed. No a place I would like to be in for a long time but at least we had used the VS Clubhouse. Cannot understand why others dont also do this but mayeb not everrrrbody knows they can use the Virgin lounge. After a boarding call we headed down to gate 1 I think. We were quickly through a bried security / boarding card check and then headed onto the upper deck.

Now first impressions was ---- wow this is nice - brand new - seats looked really good. FA immediatly showed us to the middle seats in row 14. I have to say the whole ambience of the cabin is fantastic. Had a quick look around the cabin which was full but even being full it was very private. Put my lap top bag away and settled down to a dring and started to have a good look at all the "extras" on this amazing aircraft. One thing I noticed was the large LCD screen. Also the seat was very wide indeed. The FAs were really nice offering more champers and peanuts / crisps etc.

Captain then announced take off would be in 10 mins so we all settled down , made our last cell calls to our loved ones and got ready to see how this big bird would get off the ground - well its very quiet while taking off - before you know it youy are up up and away. Simply the smoothest aircraft I have ever been on. 10/10

Soon after take off more champers were offered and we were advised that Krisworld would be starting shortly. I have to say that its a really great system , easy to use and up there with Cathay and Virgin VOD. 10/10

Food - The service was brilliant - I had booked the cook and my mains were only ok but that was down to my choice - everything else was 100% fantastic to be very honest - oh their garlic bread is to die for. Drinks kept coming and I watched a couple of movies. 10/10

The Seat - Now this I feel is a promlen area. Its just not comfortable enough. Too thin or not enough cushion filling etc - My ass kept going numb and I kept having to change position. Its just not up to the standards I would have expected. Once put into bed position its great if a little hard. They need to have a slightly thicker matress but very easy to sleep. Only major problem was I had a guy across from me who was like a fog horn when he snored. Jesus was he loud but that was easily sorted out by keeping the headphones on. Overall - 8/10.

Breakfast was very good and the landing was the so quiet you could easily have slept through the whole thing.

Overall its a great offering on a a380 but they do need to get those seat a little softer to be honest.

My return trip was honestly 100% identical so I wont bore you with all of that but SIA are still in my opinion the best airline out there.

Simply the best.

K

Forgot to menion the Business class lounge in Singapore on the return trip in T3 - Its huge - Very impressive indeed. nOt to VS standards but very good indeed.
    Last edited by porsche; 2 September 2008, 08:04 PM.

Originally posted by porsche View Post
    My ass kept going numb and I kept having to change position.
    Same here!

Comment

Working...
    X