Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kyo's Quest For Satay (aka Kyo Does Kuala Lumpur + Kajang)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow

you've given me a whole new reason to go to KL.
    Those satays look out of this world!!

I always thought fatman satay in spore was the best ever.

looks like i gotta try this asap.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      sqforever: I have not tried Balestier mutton satay as yet. I am willing to sacrifice for the sake of SQTalk, however.

In Singapore, I enjoy the satay at Best Satay (Stall 6/7) at Lau Pa Sat. The East Coast Park Hawker Centre (a long-time stop for official SIN Meets) also has yummy satay. I took The Flo to try the satay at Glutton's Bay also, next to the Esplanade which was passable also. I can genuinely say - none even came close to the 4.5/5-rated sticks I had in Kajang. But I'm always keen to compare at a moment's notice! We may soon need to appoint a (edit: grammar) SQTalk Satay Panel and make sure at least one of us is in attendance at every outing.

You may have to implore one of the local Indonesian luminaries here to do a Kajang satay run to compare! I know at least one that can fly Budget

I have actually never been to Indonesia but having met some truly sincere and warm people whom I've had the privilege of making an acquaintance with, it's a strong case for me to visit CGK (the airport, not the SQTalker) one day, possibly next year sometime.

I'd also like to give DPS a try one day.

And the 'motherland' of Satay is Malaysia dammit!!

First of all, great work on the Satay TR, mate. I would definitely go for the liver satays. They look yummy.

When you do go to Indonesia, you will be surprised to see how many types of satay Indonesian can come up with. There are served with different types of mouthwatering sauces as well.

Should we plan a DO in Indonesia for satays? We can start at MES before we move on to CGK, SUB, and DPS.

Comment

UMD - The liver satay was just indescribably YUM.

Let's set a tentative date for an Indo Satay DO... I humbly suggest sometime in '09 as I'm almost out of leave... heheh

I hear The Flo will be back in the region Q2 '09... we gotta get him to the Long Bar to finish the other 900,000+ Slings he's got waiting for him there...

I will finally have a chance to visit Indonesia after so long.

Comment

One more thing.... (from an informed local) - Kajang satay is good. Very good.

but is it number #1?

That claim my friend, is something I recommend you reserve judgement on till you have eaten the sauceless Batu Maung Penang Satay

Comment

Sadly, as a self-confessed Penang apologist (born, bred and who once lived in Batu Maung, no less)... the best thing in Batu Maung is the fishery's canteen - they've got great fried fish.

Still maintain that Kajang > Batu Maung for me (I went to visit my old house this past February, actually, surprisingly nothing has changed and even the Pasar Malam is still there *plenty of fake DVDs..ahem*)

But will go back to Batu Maung to give their satay a try once again and see how it's like now. I have to go back there for Chinese New Year '09 anyway. UMD's Indonesian satay challenge still my first priority, of course!

Comment

Someone asked me to post this - so please don't shoot the messenger.

Comment

From this pic, I believe we can deduce that UMD is on the right (taken from the Sin Cuppa Coffee thread):

On the left, however... not ringing a bell... *sorry*

Comment

This is a great TR. It sure beings back memories of the motherland. Makes me wanna make a dash across the pacific not only for satay but back to Penang for some Asam Laksa.

Comment

Working...
                  X