X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phaleesy
    replied
    Originally posted by VC10 Boy View Post
    I loved reading this trip report, far more than most. It was so full of enthusiasm and joy and when you consider Flo was flying in whY - amazing.

I need to rediscover the simple joy of travel and realise it's a privilege irrespective of which class you fly or where you stay. Thanks Flo
    Possibly one of the sweetest message I've come across on any internet forum, VC10 Boy. Though I'm not sure if you appreciate being branded 'sweet'.

Just to reiterate, it is indeed a privilege to be able to travel at all. Many people do not even have that kind of opportunities.

Leave a comment:

• VC10 Boy
    replied
    I loved reading this trip report, far more than most. It was so full of enthusiasm and joy and when you consider Flo was flying in whY - amazing.

Perhaps I have become jaded by J and F on any airline. Today I was thinking of a trip from LHR to SYD many years ago now. It was my first flight on SQ and this was back in the days when they served pre-flight champagne to passengers in whY. It was amazing just to have champagne and now I feel let down if it isn't Krug or Dom. 34" of leg room was huge, yet now I moan about the slope of the space bed. The hotels on that trip were similar in today's money to what you paid in the AKL Mercure and they were just what I needed. A bed for the night, ensuite bathroom, close to the centre of town And yet why am I considering $us 400 a night for the AKL Hilton, deluxe waterview naturally, for an upcoming trip.

I need to rediscover the simple joy of travel and realise it's a privilege irrespective of which class you fly or where you stay. Thanks Flo

PS posted from the BA T5 Flounge after much Bolinger Grand Anee

Leave a comment:

• singaporu_kooku
    replied
    Great TR, flo... It's very nice of you to thank everyone that you met during your trip. Sorry to hear your luggage mishap and NZ onboard experience. However, I'm glad that you enjoy the god like treatment in SQ

I'm very flattered to be your so called 5* host and we are looking forward to have you here in MEL again, whenever that is. Hope to see you again soon, sooner than I expect, I guess...

Leave a comment:

• flo
    replied
    Originally posted by StarG View Post
    Excellent TR! Sorry I missed you in LAX, flo.
    Hope to catch up with you next time.
    Yeah! I am looking forward to it. Just booked my next trip to LAX because I loved it there so much!

Leave a comment:

• StarG
    replied
    Excellent TR! Sorry I missed you in LAX, flo.
    Hope to catch up with you next time.

Leave a comment:

• flo
    replied
    Originally posted by jhm View Post
    Just curious! Why did you return via AMS and CPH ? Maximising the miles on your RTW ?
    yes, sir. although i probably could have gotten more on other routes

Originally posted by zander View Post
    Nice choice of in-ear earphones. Which did u get? The superfi3, superfi5 or triplefi. Please tell me its the triplefi.
    the superfi5.vi, the ones that have a mic etc for the iPhone. stunning sound. initially I wanted to go for the v-moda vibes but they did not do that well on the mid-tones for me ... all in all the ultimate ears super.fi4 vi were the best phones for me that were affordable. i would have gotten a pair of shure's but 150 dollars for top in-ear headphones is simply a very good price!

Originally posted by zander View Post
    And why no group photos in NYC?
    I kinda don't have any I think we might have forgotten to take some. Maybe phaleesy has them or so - all in all, she has the way better equipment.

Leave a comment:

• zander
    replied
    Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
    amenities provided by bliss are outstanding
    I love the bliss amenities as they are really good and smell so nice. Have a couple of them myself.

ultimate ear headphones are simply stunning:
    Nice choice of in-ear earphones. Which did u get? The superfi3, superfi5 or triplefi. Please tell me its the triplefi.

And why no group photos in NYC?
    Last edited by zander; 29 August 2008, 01:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kyo
    replied
    Nice report!

*stands up and commences standing ovation*

That last post brought a virtual tear to my eye... nicely done, nicely done indeed!

Leave a comment:

• Greatfox
    replied
    Finally some descent women
    So I guess the girls before that were all downers?

Leave a comment:

• jhm
    replied
    Just curious! Why did you return via AMS and CPH ? Maximising the miles on your RTW ?

Leave a comment:

• flo
    replied
    No, not this time I was way too grumpy because I thought the first class priority tag whould make sure that my luggage would arrive on time ... haha. I thought out of FRA, AMS and CPH, AMS and FRA were the most likely where my bag could be misplaced and I had the longest pause in CPH so I was really fed up lol.

Leave a comment:

• jhm
    replied
    Thanks for finishing the TR, Flo!

No movie moment on arriving back in VIE ? A bop on the shoulder this time perhaps ?

Leave a comment:

• Nick C
    replied
    yeah, just a basic Nikon D60 here
    The Dark Side

Anyway, great and enjoyable TR. Finally had the time to read through it this morning. Btw, I love the funky spinach roll but I just prefer mine topped with ham and eggs too

The DJ wraps are *no comment* (See my TR). I actually prefer combat rations over that.

Leave a comment:

• yvrcnx
    replied
    Thank you for your great trip report FLO.
    I really, really enjoyed it.
    Not to worry that it was to personal, it was PERFECT, it was You.
    I did a fare bit of travelling myself this last few weeks, family vacation to California, a Cruise, and more time in California - wherever I was and whenever I had the time I checked in to see where you were and how you were doing.
    It was almost like travelling with you, thanks again for the great report, insights and pictures and for sharing this part of you with all of us.

WELCOME HOME
    Last edited by yvrcnx; 29 August 2008, 08:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• KeithMEL
    replied
    Thanks Flo - a thoroughly enjoyable read.
    I look forward to trying that steak place when I next visit NYC!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X