Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice report!

*stands up and commences standing ovation*

That last post brought a virtual tear to my eye... nicely done, nicely done indeed!

Comment

• Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
      amenities provided by bliss are outstanding
      I love the bliss amenities as they are really good and smell so nice. Have a couple of them myself.

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
      ultimate ear headphones are simply stunning:
      Nice choice of in-ear earphones. Which did u get? The superfi3, superfi5 or triplefi. Please tell me its the triplefi.

And why no group photos in NYC?
      Last edited by zander; 29 August 2008, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
        Just curious! Why did you return via AMS and CPH ? Maximising the miles on your RTW ?
        yes, sir. although i probably could have gotten more on other routes

Originally posted by zander View Post
        Nice choice of in-ear earphones. Which did u get? The superfi3, superfi5 or triplefi. Please tell me its the triplefi.
        the superfi5.vi, the ones that have a mic etc for the iPhone. stunning sound. initially I wanted to go for the v-moda vibes but they did not do that well on the mid-tones for me ... all in all the ultimate ears super.fi4 vi were the best phones for me that were affordable. i would have gotten a pair of shure's but 150 dollars for top in-ear headphones is simply a very good price!

Originally posted by zander View Post
        And why no group photos in NYC?
        I kinda don't have any I think we might have forgotten to take some. Maybe phaleesy has them or so - all in all, she has the way better equipment.
        Home is where your heart is.

Comment

• Excellent TR! Sorry I missed you in LAX, flo.
          Hope to catch up with you next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
            Excellent TR! Sorry I missed you in LAX, flo.
            Hope to catch up with you next time.
            Yeah! I am looking forward to it. Just booked my next trip to LAX because I loved it there so much!

Comment

• Great TR, flo... It's very nice of you to thank everyone that you met during your trip. Sorry to hear your luggage mishap and NZ onboard experience. However, I'm glad that you enjoy the god like treatment in SQ

I'm very flattered to be your so called 5* host and we are looking forward to have you here in MEL again, whenever that is. Hope to see you again soon, sooner than I expect, I guess...

Comment

• I loved reading this trip report, far more than most. It was so full of enthusiasm and joy and when you consider Flo was flying in whY - amazing.

Perhaps I have become jaded by J and F on any airline. Today I was thinking of a trip from LHR to SYD many years ago now. It was my first flight on SQ and this was back in the days when they served pre-flight champagne to passengers in whY. It was amazing just to have champagne and now I feel let down if it isn't Krug or Dom. 34" of leg room was huge, yet now I moan about the slope of the space bed. The hotels on that trip were similar in today's money to what you paid in the AKL Mercure and they were just what I needed. A bed for the night, ensuite bathroom, close to the centre of town And yet why am I considering $us 400 a night for the AKL Hilton, deluxe waterview naturally, for an upcoming trip.

I need to rediscover the simple joy of travel and realise it's a privilege irrespective of which class you fly or where you stay. Thanks Flo

PS posted from the BA T5 Flounge after much Bolinger Grand Anee

Comment

• Originally posted by VC10 Boy View Post
                  I loved reading this trip report, far more than most. It was so full of enthusiasm and joy and when you consider Flo was flying in whY - amazing.

I need to rediscover the simple joy of travel and realise it's a privilege irrespective of which class you fly or where you stay. Thanks Flo
                  Possibly one of the sweetest message I've come across on any internet forum, VC10 Boy. Though I'm not sure if you appreciate being branded 'sweet'.

Just to reiterate, it is indeed a privilege to be able to travel at all. Many people do not even have that kind of opportunities.

Comment

I loved reading this trip report, far more than most. It was so full of enthusiasm and joy and when you consider Flo was flying in whY - amazing.

Perhaps I have become jaded by J and F on any airline. Today I was thinking of a trip from LHR to SYD many years ago now. It was my first flight on SQ and this was back in the days when they served pre-flight champagne to passengers in whY. It was amazing just to have champagne and now I feel let down if it isn't Krug or Dom. 34" of leg room was huge, yet now I moan about the slope of the space bed. The hotels on that trip were similar in today's money to what you paid in the AKL Mercure and they were just what I needed. A bed for the night, ensuite bathroom, close to the centre of town And yet why am I considering $us 400 a night for the AKL Hilton, deluxe waterview naturally, for an upcoming trip.

Awwwwww..... that's just so sweet but .... how I wish I would fly F haha. Still, Y does the job for me as well. I hope I don't get too much pampered on my next few trips in premium classes

Cheerio!

Ah: made an index file out of the first post!

Comment

Indeed. I hope to be as enthusiastic with my TR about a series of long haul whY flights for next month.

Originally posted by VC10 Boy View Post
                      Ooh... noice. I'd thought I read that's available in the CCR, glad they didn't forget us lowly non F flying Emeralds. Am looking forward even more to exploring the new T5 Flounge now. (or more accurately, the champers bar )
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• In front of me there were two German men who behaved like total barbarians, ridiculing the FA's, not speaking any English at all and being just PITA's in general. This is not meant as a generalization but I have experienced this on FRA-bound flights on SQ before!
                        very nice report!!! these behaviors are not owned by germans . you will find it all over the world. even if you not meant generalization, it is a generalization .

best regards from germany

Comment

• I really love the Germans ... the majority of my friends are German and they know how to behave. But really, I took the SQ25/26 about 5 times or so now and I experienced a cabin atmosphere I did not like on every single flight because somebody just could not stay still. Surprisingly this never happened to me on ZRH-bound flights and just once on a VIE flight on SQ metal (though I went thru ZRH about 10 times and thru VIE way more often). I know that 5 bad flights are not representative at all but still, it leaves an impression.

Of course I also encountered bad behaviour of a different kind on the DME-SIN this time and often some rude behavior on SIN-HKG flights as well.

I did not want to stress it that it's a German thing not to behave. Really, I cherish the Germans for usually being very polite and forthcoming. But on some flights, especially this one, I don't know what's going wrong with the passengers in general ... not just the German ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
                            The next day, phaleesy arrived from Milano-Malpensa on Delta and NY finally became better because I did not have to go to places all by myself.
                            I think NYC became better for you because you could now rely on my excellent navigation skills.

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
                            we went to a place on Union Square - I bet phaleesy has the name of it and I had a good burger and a NY style cheesecake to get to some strength again.
                            Heartland Brewery Union Sq. We each had a bison burger.

Since the burger place at Mad. Sq. was shut, Flo stopped a NYPD car and asked the friendly policeman for recommendations for a good burger.

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                              I think NYC became better for you because you could now rely on my excellent navigation skills.

Did you get any help from uncle Garmin at all?

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                                yes. phaleesy is a first class navigator. but i could also rely on her sense for fashion

Comment

Working...
                                X