This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yvrcnx View Post
    And well deserved. Thanks for a great trip report. Looking forward to more.
    You should be getting a wage for doing this.
    Many thanks,...my preferred currency would be F tickets, either SQ or LH would do

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
    Rubber duckies quacking in strategic locations. How apt!
    Please note that neither Mr. Quak nor Mr. DuckDuckpb3 were involved in bathing frivolities, I'm not sure their new owners would have appreciated such pre-treatment!

Originally posted by Paint Horse View Post
    ...although KeithMEL and others are highly entertaining as well as informative, I must say mr. and mrs. nickbot now hold the prize for the weirdest trip report...
    Why thank you,...and welcome to SQTalk, Paint Horse!

Originally posted by Paint Horse
    I am busily reading along about the LH F lounge. I read about the door procedure. Need to remember that in case I fly LH F. Then we get to the bath scene. I see ducks, then floating nickbots, then a reference to several ducks. Wait back to nickbots, back to ducks, then a reference to three v one duck. Oh, now I get it. Too funny. I know I am slow, but keep in mind I am a simple soul living on the Texas prairie. Plus it is 40.6 C here today. So I am a little slower than usual.

Ducks. Can’t wait for the rest.
    Rest assured, I shall try to keep up the standard of novelty/wierdness throughout the report -the Ducks will certainly be making further appearances!

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    What would you say if they were reversed?
    It actually took a little while to stage the bath shots - ducks and bath foam have a habit of swimming away from "crucial" areas, and I wouldn't have wished to offend the innocent and naive SQ LPP

Originally posted by zander View Post
    The drinks list is immensely long. This seems to be the largest offering of drinks I have seen at a lounge so far. The FCT is certainly in a league of its own
    On a sidenote, I was wondering how many varieties did you try
    You are indeed correct when you say that the FCT is in a league of its own, maybe at some point (when I have the energy and concentration) I'll post the full drinks list. Have to say, all I drank was Bollinger Champagne, Diet Coke and a shot of Stolichnaya vodka. Very light drinking to be honest -we wanted to be fresh for our inaugural F flight!

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    zander, thank you for reminding me!

nickbot, since you're so good at listing items, I expect to see something similar from the IC Minibar consumption. I seem to remember a promise...
    All in good time HUGE AL,...all in good time my friend!

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
    so frickin cool!!!! i loved the tumi bathroom close-up, but the "money shots" are definitely of the nickbots and their latex friends!
    Thank you, kind Sir! As one can see, the Tumi is rather excited from viewing activities in the bathing area, causing its handle to be fully extended...!

Originally posted by kalenska View Post
    I nominate Nickbot for the report of the year award. You and the missus look so cute together. Can't wait for more......
    Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Oh no, that will only tempt KeithMEL to outdo him in Vienna...
    Thank you both,...in fact thanks to everyone for their positive comments,...you're too kind. I might just have to pop over to Vienna to have a duel with KeithMEL
    Last edited by SQflyergirl; 2 August 2008, 05:40 PM. Reason: part of quoted commentary edited

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
      Thank you both,...in fact thanks to everyone for their positive comments,...you're too kind. I might just have to pop over to Vienna to have a duel with KeithMEL
      If that's what it takes to get you to VIE... bring it on!
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        If that's what it takes to get you to VIE... bring it on!
        We're exploring the options, that's all I can say mate

Comment

Please note that neither Mr. Quak nor Mr. DuckDuckpb3 were involved in bathing frivolities, I'm not sure their new owners would have appreciated such pre-treatment!
          His first name's Lukas, it's only Mr DuckDuckpb3 if you're nasty.
          Originally posted by nickbot View Post
          As per my previous comments, I made sure that Mr. Quak and Mr. DuckDuckpb3's eyes were averted during the steamier activities, so hopefully neither will be overly traumatised by the events that transpired
          As one can see, the Tumi is rather excited from viewing activities in the bathing area, causing its handle to be fully extended...!
          Right ... Mr DuckDuckpb3 it is then.

‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            His first name's Lukas, it's only Mr DuckDuckpb3 if you're nasty.

Right ... Mr DuckDuckpb3 it is then.

Comment

• Nice updates nickbot! Can't wait for the SQ segment Maybe a sneak preview might help tame the excitement

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                Nice updates nickbot! Can't wait for the SQ segment Maybe a sneak preview might help tame the excitement
                Sorry, no can do,...the SQ segment is towards the end - gotta keep my readers eager

Comment

We're exploring the options, that's all I can say mate
                  Oh goody, goody... VIE is gonna be SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• That was such a TREMENDOUS update !

Loved it all....the FCT....the mousse.....bath....and the Porsche.

Silly me, I always had the impression from other FCT accounts that they drove you right up beside the aircraft and then you walk up the stairs.
                    J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

• Originally posted by upright man View Post
                      That was such a TREMENDOUS update !

Loved it all....the FCT....the mousse.....bath....and the Porsche.
                      Thanks upright man

Originally posted by upright man

Silly me, I always had the impression from other FCT accounts that they drove you right up beside the aircraft and then you walk up the stairs.
                      If the aircraft is at a remote stand, then you'll indeed walk up the stairs, but if it's connected to an aerobridge (i.e. main terminal gate) then you have to access the aerobridge to gain access to the plane, as there are no external steps from the tarmac.

Originally posted by nickbot

Excited, but unfortunately being blinded by the sun!

The photograph above kind of gives a false impression over just how close to the 744 we're standing. Just to the LHS of the shot, there's a door which leads to the lift up to the aerobridge.

Comment

• Es ist besser im Muenchen!!

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                        I made my way to the bathroom attendent's desk and checked in for my 2 o'clock session; first impressions were excellent - again, identical to the bathroom in the FLC. The room was pristinely clean and luxurious, and the extra large bath was most inviting.

Bath, featuring mr. Quak -there you go, SQflyergirl, I promised he wasn't going to be left out of the TR!

The reason that there are now two ducks on the side of the bath isn't due to them reproducing (well, not in the normal fashion), but that I'd asked the bathroom attendent if they had any spare football-themed ducks, as our second goal at FRA was to procure one for SQFG. Mission accomplished, plus of course the normal (i.e. non football) duck that was already residing in the bathroom. And then there were three...

Hold on, I thought there were only three, where did that one come from?!?,...ok,...and then there were four!

I have to say that I expected the FCL in Munich to have the same bathrooms as in Frankfurt and indeed they are geometrically identically organized. But there are fundamental differences:
                        1. The bathtub has water jets and bubbles
                        2. The toileteries are much different from FRA
                        3. Mr and Mrs Duck are Bavarian!!!

Comment

• Gosh, looks like MUC does indeed beat FRA in the bathroom stakes! Very much like the idea of a spa bath, and the toiletries selection looks far more extensive.

Did Mr. and Mrs. Duck witness any frivolities?

Comment

Did Mr. and Mrs. Duck witness any frivolities?
                            They took part of course!

Comment

• Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                              They took part of course!
                              Ha! A bavarian 3-way bathing session

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP
                                Hmm with only one or two champers prior to take off on your flight, I don't think you are at par with the at least FOUR Dom Perignon in the morning flight prior to take off from Changi!
                                Nope, couldn't beat that (not sure I'd want to try lol)!

Originally posted by SQ LPP
                                I could imagine, you and mrs nickbot, go to VIE DO and play truth or dare with KeithMEL and flo! Poor taipeiflyer. But, luckily there is the wisest of all, the judge, jjpb3.
                                I'd have to stick to dares,...the truth option would be far to shocking

Comment

Working...
                                X