Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice updates but we are all still awaiting the most significant part of the trip itself, the flight on SQ F

I also have to add that Tumi bags are just way too cool

Comment

• SQ F SIN-LHR Part II - SIN T3 SKL F

As soon as one passes through from the First Class check-in, as reported previously the SKL is a mere stone's throw away (certainly easier to find than the BKK SKL!) Time for a quick photograph, then onwards up the stairs to the lounge.

View of SKL from the ground floor

Again, I have to apologise, but due to feeling rough I wasn't quite up to my usual snap-happy self, so regretfully I don't have a photograph of the SKL entrance I do, however, have a shot of a fairly jaded looking nickbot at the entrance to the First Class section...

The pose isn't intentional,...a rather nonchalant nickbot!

Overall, our general impression of the lounge was that it was perfectly ok -sure, not up to FRA FCL/FCT standards, but for those of us with limited exposure to the lounge scene, almost any lounge is impressive I suppose that sort of comment ought to be seen as rather disappointing to SQ, especially as this is their flagship lounge (apart from TPR). I'll post up the few photographs that I took:

General overview of the main seating area

The bar,...where is everyone ?!?

Rather disappointing view from the windows,...give me a tarmac view!

Magazine selection

Although I wasn't *really* feeling like eating anything, I thought I'd have a quick look around the food selection. It was rather difficult to take photos, as most people in the lounge seemed to be congregating in the food area!

Beverage selection and Ben&Jerry's ice cream fridge

Cold buffet items, fruit, salad, sushi

Roti Prata available beside the hot buffet selection (never tried, but know people rave about it so I took the shot!)

Comment

• SQ F SIN-LHR Part III - SIN T3 SKL F & TPR

Not really fancying anything on offer, but needing a little something to tide me over until we dined onboard, I picked up a roast chicken sandwich on plain white bread and a Diet Coke -nothing fancy, but it seemed to hit the spot and perk me up a little. mrs nickbot had some items from the hot buffet selection, but I'm ashamed to admit that in the second F lounge in two days we once again passed on champagne!

The breakfast of champions! Also, seeing double on the BP front

We relaxed a little whilst I ate my sandwich and took yet more medication; the lounge was pretty empty as you can see from the photographs below (maybe everyone else was in TPR and this was for O Class riff-raff!)

Yet another awkward looking pose courtesy of nickbot

mrs nickbot looking far more relaxed!

I suppose I had two errands to run in the SKL F, one being to try and gain access to TPR (and to convey my disappointment at being refused of course) and the other was to check just how big the gap between the door and the frame is in the gents lavatories! The latter was accomplished with relative ease, but taking photographs with the attendants omnipresence was a little strange, especially as they probably saw the camera flash coming from within the toilet cubicle!

Yep, that's quite a gap -sorry, I'm a poor quality engineer, I ought to have measured it for research purposes!

Washbasin, towels and amenities

Entrance to shower cubicle

Shower facilities (where is the bath and rubber duck?!?!?!?)

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I don't like attendants in lavatories to be omnipresent -that is not F service to me, it just makes me feel uncomfortable. To have an attendant rush into the cubicle almost as soon as you've vacated it is rather intrusive. Perhaps SQ could re-train some of these staff to work behind the bar (where service is obviously lacking) rather than "over-serving" the bathrooms!

Well, with that job ticked off, I walked towards the entrance to The Private Room, acting as if I didn't know that us sub-standard First Class pax weren't allowed access. To her credit, the attendant at the entrance was extremely pleasant and after explaining that I was unable to enter, agreed to give me a guided tour. So yes, SQTalkers, I did gain access to TPR, but not for long! I've already posted the photographs in the relevant thread, but will repeat them here for continuity.

Entrance into TPR, showing seating and tarmac view to the RHS

Dining area

View back towards the main F lounge (turn right at the flight information screens)

View from the window (slightly obscured)

As others have rightly pointed out, TPR isn't that special, and it's rather a kick in the teeth to bar access to those on redemption tickets. I don't wish to over criticise the SKL F, as it served its purpose for us and we see any lounge visit as a privilege, but when compared to what Lufthansa offer in FRA, this pales into insignificance.
        Last edited by nickbot; 2 October 2008, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
          In answer to the "whY" terminology for Economy Class, Sir. I kindly tweaked the image to produce a gate especially for F Class redemption pax

That's some awesome work!
          HUGE AL

Comment

• How come Nickbot get 2 double boarding pass. Can you ask them to dubplicate it?

Comment

• Originally posted by TON_UK View Post
              How come Nickbot get 2 double boarding pass. Can you ask them to dubplicate it?
              See here:

Originally posted by nickbot
              I also mentioned that I may have, ahem, "lost" our BPs that had been issued in BKK the previous day, so we'd have to collect new ones

Comment

• Hit the nail on the head stargold, we wanted a copy BP to keep as a momento. Slightly naughty I know, but we just said we'd mislaid the BPs issued at BKK so they gave us new ones

Comment

• Which BP did you keep? I think the old ones look a lot nicer IMO.
                  Why doesn't SQ just print the barcode on the old BP anyway? (like UA style)
                  zxcvbn

Comment

• Originally posted by zxcvbn View Post
                    Which BP did you keep? I think the old ones look a lot nicer IMO.
                    Why doesn't SQ just print the barcode on the old BP anyway? (like UA style)
                    We actually kept the new style BP, as it had the gold sticker on. Maybe we should've kept one of each

Comment

• Quote:
                      Originally Posted by TON_UK
                      How come Nickbot get 2 double boarding pass. Can you ask them to dubplicate it?

See here:

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by nickbot
                      I also mentioned that I may have, ahem, "lost" our BPs that had been issued in BKK the previous day, so we'd have to collect new ones

Oh that what you guy do.......Ha.ha.ha.ha.ha.

Comment

• Originally posted by rodders View Post

Originally Posted by UK flyer
                        That's lame! As a fruit lover I'd say that's very disappointing, not slightly, given what I enjoyed on my SIN-BKK flight earlier this year;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1697459...7605179615754/

Look forward to the rest of your trip report.
                        Yep, flew that segment yesterday back to Australia and offered the same as ukflyer.

Must have been considering the poor health of Nickbots!
                        One of SQTalkers has promised to report and to provide the pictures of the food offering for BKK-SIN. Still waiting for it. But yeah it looks like nickbot's health must have had been too poor at that time of his flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post

Yep, that's quite a gap -sorry, I'm a poor quality engineer, I ought to have measured it for research purposes!

In your reasearch, did you include peeking into the room as well as peeking out from inside the room? What did you see? What do you think?

Comment

• Nickbot, it must be a very memorable trip for you and meeting other sqtalkers.

Part miles and part cash - another good option
                            Last edited by SQFM; 5 October 2008, 05:03 AM.

Comment

• SQ carries whole cakes around the world just in case for any cause of celebration. What a fab ideal !
                              Last edited by SQFM; 5 October 2008, 05:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                                In your reasearch, did you include peeking into the room as well as peeking out from inside the room? What did you see? What do you think?
                                I can confirm that no peeking IN was conducted, but peeking OUT certainly was One can certainly see clearly through the gap, i.e. the omnipresent attendants walking about,...not ideal IMHO

Comment

Working...
                                X