X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posts #285-#290 updated -thanks for your encouraging words everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
      ...free laundry and pressing of 3 items...
      Very nice benefit. I have not heard about this. Does this apply to all IC properties, or just BKK?

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
      Okay, now for the bit that I know HUGE AL has been waiting for,...the free minibar! In order to build this up (and not overexcite him), may I present the contents of the fridge first...

Soft drinks and beers in the fridge

The rest of the minibar, and the tea/coffee making facilities are located in a large drawer underneath the television. As we opened this, there were gasps all round from the nickbots [Remember, we lead a sheltered life, this was only our second ever free minibar!]

Tea, coffee,...and SPIRITS!!

Close-up of the rather generous selection of spirits

Being that I'm not RA, I was told by a minibar manager that they are quite strict on the replenishments (i.e. only one time per day)... But I do have some followup questions: Was it only once per day in BKK (I know you were only there for 24 hours, but perhaps you know...)? Could you ask them to replace the Singha with more Heineken and perhaps the Gordon's with more Black Label? Just curious as to how this whole thing works...
      HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
        Very nice benefit. I have not heard about this. Does this apply to all IC properties, or just BKK?
        Club benefits differ at different ICs. Some have the free laundry benefit, but there is no consistency.

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
        Being that I'm not RA, I was told by a minibar manager that they are quite strict on the replenishments (i.e. only one time per day)... But I do have some followup questions: Was it only once per day in BKK (I know you were only there for 24 hours, but perhaps you know...)? Could you ask them to replace the Singha with more Heineken and perhaps the Gordon's with more Black Label? Just curious as to how this whole thing works...
        This is not IC BKK specific, but IMHO, expecting (and asking) the hotel to refill the minibar more than once a day is just tacky. Yes, you can ask them to refill the minibar with just one kind of beer instead of the 2-3 types they usually do, and I have done that for subsequent days when they come to refill the minibar. For inventory reasons, they probably would not do that with the big liquor bottles, but you could try asking.

Comment

After one of the most miserable nights sleep in my life, we were up bright and early, as we had an SQTalk VIP coming to visit us for breakfast (the first of many we'd see during this 24 hour period )

We'd been chatting to DeltaFlyingProf for the past week on and off via text message, catalysed by SQ LPP who mentioned that DFP would be passing through Bangkok at the same time as us after his first SQ A380 R Class experience.
          Sorry for a bit miscommunication at that time. I did not know that DFP would arrive very late night the day prior. That's the problem when forgot the term am pm.
          Glad to know the breakfast meeting went well.

NEXT SQ F, BKK-SIN
          Can't wait for the start of the trip on SQ F.
          Did SQ deliver? Looking back, would you do something different on board? Did you follow my advice how to be a pita?

Originally posted by shopaholic View Post
          well SQ LPP
          You asked how i'm feeling i'm totally petrified lol.
          Hmm sounds like Gloria Gaynor song in the background.

we fly out LHR on 28th Sept on sq321 then on to Adelaide, from there to melbourne, on to brisbane, then to sydney( all on jetstar im afraid) and home on the 23rd Oct. yes on the a380 my partner is a plane nut too and i truly think we only going on sq cause at the time of booking only sq had 1 !!!!!!.
          What is plane nut? I can't figure it out.

No not entirly true he flown with them before,
          its a long flight for me, furthest i been was canada (huge difference). and being a worry wart that suffers with panic attacks, well i'm suffering already, bad dreams and hot sweats. lol.
          UK and Canada is so near. Like a short haul. It would be swell to take LHR-SIN-SYD-AKL-YVR for example.

so if any one can make me feel better, you guys can!
          How can I ease the pain
          Don't remember who sang the song.

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
            ...IMHO, expecting (and asking) the hotel to refill the minibar more than once a day is just tacky.
            Agreed. Coming from the fact that I've never been RA -- and most likely will never be (unless some kind SQTalker is in a generous mood...) -- I've always found this minibar benefit quite unique...and interesting. It is quite promoted by IC. Therefore, they must deliver. Just how is kind of a grey area. I mean, the IC LA (formerly the Park Hyatt with quite the AWESOME minibar) immediately switched things up quite a bit as they knew the RA would be coming. And I've been told that quite a few RA request for multiple refills per day -- but this is not allowed...though it doesn't keep them from constantly trying. Perhaps you should give them a pep talk, Savage25.

Michigan Football sure does suck this season!
            HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
              Sorry for a bit miscommunication at that time. I did not know that DFP would arrive very late night the day prior. That's the problem when forgot the term am pm.
              Glad to know the breakfast meeting went well.
              Not a problem SQ LPP It was lovely to meet up with DFP again,...we were so pleased he made the effort to be with us at the IC so early

Originally posted by SQ LPP
              Can't wait for the start of the trip on SQ F.
              Hopefully you won't be waiting too much longer

Did SQ deliver? Looking back, would you do something different on board? Did you follow my advice how to be a pita?
              All very pertinent questions Sir - I'll do my best to address those points during the report. I think you already know from our communications that SQ didn't exactly deliver, but I'll leave the details for my report

Comment

• After what seems like an eternity since 23 July when this TR began (although admittedly the instalments so far have been very enjoyable reading - thank you, Nickbot ), now the climax!

The jogging map on a lanyard isn't that uncommon. I've seen it at a few properties and I think I recall one even offered a personal trainer to go jogging with you.

Close-up, rare beef wrapped around mushrooms and served with horseradish

I'm afraid that just reminds me of something I might accidentally step on on the pavement.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  After what seems like an eternity since 23 July when this TR began (although admittedly the instalments so far have been very enjoyable reading - thank you, Nickbot ), now the climax!
                  Agreed, it was a great read but its taking a very long time before the part that I am in is written.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    After what seems like an eternity since 23 July when this TR began (although admittedly the instalments so far have been very enjoyable reading - thank you, Nickbot ), now the climax!
                    Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                    Agreed, it was a great read but its taking a very long time before the part that I am in is written.
                    Sorry guys, I'm conscious this has been taking a while

Comment

Not a problem SQ LPP It was lovely to meet up with DFP again,...we were so pleased he made the effort to be with us at the IC so early
                      Hmm may be he did not sleep?

All very pertinent questions Sir - I'll do my best to address those points during the report. I think you already know from our communications that SQ didn't exactly deliver, but I'll leave the details for my report
                      You mean the delivery of the cake? I don't want to hear that again!

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                      Hmm you just can't wait, can you? Dish out him more, nickbot!

Keep writing!

Comment

Hmm may be he did not sleep?
                        Maybe

You mean the delivery of the cake? I don't want to hear that again!
                        Nope, not the cake, I was referring to delivery of F service

Comment

• Still waiting.. and waiting ...
                          Hmm should be in a taxi to the airport right? Check-in and immigration line in the morning? Then into TG F Lounge? More shopping?

Just kidding around here. Don't take it too seriously, nickbot.
                          But I wonder when you post you would meet DFP in the near future, when? Does this mean you will be traveling again very soon?

Comment

Still waiting.. and waiting ...
                            ...and you'll be waiting a little while longer

Hmm should be in a taxi to the airport right? Check-in and immigration line in the morning? Then into TG F Lounge? More shopping?
                            Well, now you've written it for me, I needn't update the thread

Just kidding around here. Don't take it too seriously, nickbot.

Ahh I know you're pulling my leg (and I know you're hungry for SQ F after being grounded for so long )

But I wonder when you post you would meet DFP in the near future, when? Does this mean you will be traveling again very soon?
                            I actually said "we both hope to catch up again in the not too distant future" rather than the "near future" We can't afford to travel at the moment unfortunately

Comment

• Reminds me of my time in Bangkok. The level of service at the 5-star hotels in Thailand is simply unparalleled! The orchids, the wais, the smells.........
                              Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

• It has been a pleasurable read so far...looking forward to the last legs of this trip.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X