Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Mr. Nickbot were you allowed to choose the cook level of your steak? (eg. Medium rare, welldone..etc)? Tenderloin is the next softest part second to Fillet Mignon, so your steak should've been soft even though well done.

UNLESS! From looking at your steak I assumed it was cooked in a George Foreman grill or one of those grills that clamp down on your meat. OR precooked on a grill and reheated.

Comment

• Originally posted by impresta View Post
      Hey Mr. Nickbot were you allowed to choose the cook level of your steak? (eg. Medium rare, welldone..etc)? Tenderloin is the next softest part second to Fillet Mignon, so your steak should've been soft even though well done.

UNLESS! From looking at your steak I assumed it was cooked in a George Foreman grill or one of those grills that clamp down on your meat. OR precooked on a grill and reheated.
      As far as I know, the beef would have been pre-cooked and just reheated. It really was as tough as old boots!

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
        Hmmm, I think we'd have enjoyed the tuna more, but to be honest none of the choices *really* appealed. I suppose this is where SQ F has the edge, as you can BTC for safety, but deviate from this by ordering off the main menu if you see something that takes your fancy (subject to availability of course), or indeed BTC an item especially for the purposes of giving it to the crew, as Sir SQ LPP often does!
        That was how I felt abt the LH F menu! Posh sounding menu but nothing really appealing, IMHO. SQ menus, OTOH...

Poor nickbot has lots to do this weekend. Keep up the excellent work!

Comment

• Nickbot : again, enjoying your TR; some questions :

1. Which steak was the best you've ever tasted in flight ? I've often chosen steak and usually regreted it.

2. Where are your Sennheiser PXC's that you bought last year ? Do you use noise-cancelling headphones/earplugs/eye masks while sleeping in-flight ?
          J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

As far as I know, the beef would have been pre-cooked and just reheated. It really was as tough as old boots!
            In my one and only SQ F longhaul to date, I had the wagu beef steak ex-NRT and it was was definitely not tough nor dry.

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
              That was how I felt abt the LH F menu! Posh sounding menu but nothing really appealing, IMHO. SQ menus, OTOH...
              I think you've summed it up to a T phaleesy - I feel I'm doing LH F an injustice as the starters/desserts were indeed very good, but I side with you on the opinion of the mains.

Originally posted by phaleesy
              Poor nickbot has lots to do this weekend. Keep up the excellent work!
              Thanks for the sympathy,..all the others are bullying me to get writing hehe

Originally posted by upright man View Post
              Nickbot : again, enjoying your TR; some questions :

1. Which steak was the best you've ever tasted in flight ? I've often chosen steak and usually regreted it.
              Ahh upright man, you're making me chuckle! You know I'm pretty much 110% an Economy passenger. To be honest, this was the first steak I've ever had on a plane!

Originally posted by upright man
              2. Where are your Sennheiser PXC's that you bought last year ? Do you use noise-cancelling headphones/earplugs/eye masks while sleeping in-flight ?
              We took the Sennheisers along, but used the airline supplied headphones on both LH and SQ F. On SQ F I did use the Sennheisers with my iPod, but the SQ ones for the IFE

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              In my one and only SQ F longhaul to date, I had the wagu beef steak ex-NRT and it was was definitely not tough nor dry.
              SQ should send LH the recipe

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                You know, I've never understood ordering beef on an airplane (nickbot is off the hook because he was in the last row) because it almost always comes out this way. However, I did see a couple nice looking pics from SQ LPP a while ago...not sure if that was on SQ or NH...
                I heard the bulgogi on SQ isn't bad at all. Have you tried it? And I also remember jhm's endorsement. His taste I trust.
                Originally posted by jhm View Post
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I think you've summed it up to a T phaleesy - I feel I'm doing LH F an injustice as the starters/desserts were indeed very good, but I side with you on the opinion of the mains.
                  That's a great summary of my experiences with LH F food.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Grinning nickbot, ready for sleep

So, did you wake up Mrs. nickbot to shoot this pic?
                    HUGE AL

Comment

So, did you wake up Mrs. nickbot to shoot this pic?
                      Of course I did,...accurate trip reporting is more imprtant than sleep dont you know?!

Comment

Of course I did,...accurate trip reporting is more imprtant than sleep dont you know?!
                        I'm telling you...imbedded audio files would be priceless in moments like these...
                        HUGE AL

Comment

I'm telling you...imbedded audio files would be priceless in moments like these...
                          She knows I'm a slave to the TR

Post #139 updated

Comment

• Post #140 updated - sorry to all for the delays!

Comment

• only half-way thru this TR and i am already willing to declare it the GOAT 9greatest of all time)!!! can't wait for the second half.

Comment

A little something for the shipping contingent on SQTalk,...try not to get too excited boys!

In the shipping circle... this container vessel is operated (maybe owned) by MSC, which is also known in the shipping circle as Mafia Shipping Company.

Thanks for the great report, anticipating more..... I may be on my first LH J next week, still deciding.....
                                This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Working...
                                X