LHR-SIN in R class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    Ahem, the 'proper boundaries' of London certainly go beyond the City, otherwise the Houses of Parliament, Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square and other London icons wouldn't be in the 'proper boundaries'. 'The City' only refers to the main financial district (just as Wall Street wouldn't be the only proper district for New York City).
    That's the most common meaning of the City but another (the City of London) refers to the ancient core of London around which the Romans built a wall (giving rise in the present day to the road London Wall and places like Aldgate, Bishopsgate and Moorgate); with the "proper boundaries" of Londinium (a word beloved by SQfg ) being:

http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/Corpo...undary_map.htm

The City of London together with the City of Westminster eventually grew and merged to become what we now know as (Greater) London.

Apologies to DFP for going so OT...

Comment

Back to the original programming.

Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
      Hey!!! I found out how to put the YouTube video on here!!!
      Enjoy!

CLICK "I AGREE" TO WATCH THE VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
      No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
      I AGREE
      Thanks for the video. (Stop thinking of being kinky, phaleesy )
      I just noticed that I had couple of flights with the LSS who made the bed. And, looks like the kid did not get a bear. Oops it's an old man now...

Comment

Fantastic trip report. Enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

great report DFP. Enjoyed it immensely

Comment

Excellent TR thanks DFP Was lovely to see you in BKK the other day over breakfast - hope you both had a wonderful trip home!

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
              Excellent TR thanks DFP Was lovely to see you in BKK the other day over breakfast - hope you both had a wonderful trip home!
              It was a great pleasure to see you both, Mrs and Mr nickbot. Where should I post the pictures I took of our meeting?
              We had a great trip home finishing our RTW in F and R

Comment

Wonderful TR DeltaFlyingProf! Brightened up my day actually. Looks like you've really enjoyed yourself!

Are you spending any time in Singapore or is just Bangkok (just judging from the post you made saying you were in the TG lounge)?
                Such a way about you, My Singapore Girl. Wouldn't go away without you, My Singapore Girl.

Comment

Just spent two days in BKK. Then flew back to the US.

Comment

It was a great pleasure to see you both, Mrs and Mr nickbot. Where should I post the pictures I took of our meeting?
                    We had a great trip home finishing our RTW in F and R
                    Not sure,...maybe post them here I haven't had chance to go through our pics yet, but will be posting them as part of my TR (once I get round to writing it!)

Glad the return leg(s) were good too

Comment

Not sure,...maybe post them here I haven't had chance to go through our pics yet, but will be posting them as part of my TR (once I get round to writing it!)

Glad the return leg(s) were good too
                      Here they are, Mrs and Mr nickbot at the Intercontinental in Bangkok:

Splendid breakfast and view over the surrounding area.
                      I was very happy to see get together with them.

Comment

One additional note on the flight:
                        SQ LPP, you will be sad to learn that the hot towels were not hot at all!
                        The same was true for the SIN-BKK flight. I was reminded of that when I was brought a really hot towel on an LH flight after I took SQ.

Comment

Red and pink breakfast theme?
                          One additional note on the flight:
                          SQ LPP, you will be sad to learn that the hot towels were not hot at all!
                          The same was true for the SIN-BKK flight. I was reminded of that when I was brought a really hot towel on an LH flight after I took SQ.
                          Just a quick note, are you talking about the usual towel, or the towel that is placed on a holder and set together with the all table setting? The later would be cold. Hope you enjoy the expensive French butter.

Comment

Nice pic.
                            Hey, glad you guys like the surroundings at IC.

Comment

Splendid breakfast and view over the surrounding area.
                              I was very happy to see get together with them.
                              We were extremely happy too, thank you DFP Excellent pics thanks!

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                              Red and pink breakfast theme?
                              Just doing our bit to bring a little colour to the IC lounge

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                              Nice pic.
                              Hey, glad you guys like the surroundings at IC.
                              Out of the three ICs we stayed in during the trip (HKG Grand Stanford, BKK and SIN), the IC BKK shone for us. The club lounge was excellent and as you say has a fabulous view We told them that you recommended it to us

Comment

Just doing our bit to bring a little colour to the IC lounge
                                Are you saying that the lounge has a dull color combination?

Comment

Working...
                                X