Thank you SQ - Semi Picture YVR-ICN-SIN-MNL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
    Thank you for the report, yvrcnx. Any chance a picture of the new boys?
    I am very sorry SQ LPP, I was a little bit to shy to ask them for a picture but somehow they looked much better then an all the pictures that we have seen publicized.

I hope you get to seem them on your next SQ flight.
    Aren't they changing across SQ as of JULY 1st?

If I can find the courage on my trip back next week I might hide behind a corner and secretly take a picture of them to share with everyone.

Comment

I want to thank the 'angel' that changed my header and corrected my spelling.
      It might be necessary to change from 'Non Picture to Semi Picture' like it was done on the other thread.
      Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by yvrcnx View Post
        If I can find the courage on my trip back next week I might hide behind a corner and secretly take a picture of them to share with everyone.
        Actually you can just ask them and say that you want to take their pictures. Better than secretly taking them.
        Of course, perhaps it will be akward for you to take the pics of the guys only. So just ask the girl and the guy to pose for you.

Comment

Actually you can just ask them and say that you want to take their pictures. Better than secretly taking them.
          Of course, perhaps it will be akward for you to take the pics of the guys only. So just ask the girl and the guy to pose for you.
          I was just joking when I said I would secretly stand in a corner to take a picture.
          I agree with you that it's better to ask them.
          I'll do my best next week and post them here unless someone beats me to it.

Comment

Is that white structure going to be on the outside of all the windows ?. While it will probably be an improvement on the hideous brown thing we see now, it's a shame if it covers all the windows.

Looks a bit like you're locked up.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              Is that white structure going to be on the outside of all the windows ?. While it will probably be an improvement on the hideous brown thing we see now, it's a shame if it covers all the windows.

Looks a bit like you're locked up.
              From what I have seen it seems that the white structure is going to be going around the whole hotel. However there are two areas where the rooms are set back - one where the swimming pool is and another one facing Terminal 3 and the runway where the rooms are facing a courtyard.
              Those rooms won't have it right in front but on the outer boundary of the hotel.
              That's how it is with the rooms that are facing the swimming pool and I think it will be the same where the courtyard is.
              Only half of the hotel is done with this so let's see how it ends up being.

Apart from that I didn't have the feeling of being locked up and this has probably to do with the floor to ceiling windows.
              Also there aren't any closed in hallways as everything is on the outside.
              I thought that the layout was very unique and airy - refreshing.
              To go to the club lounge and gym on the 3rd floor you go via a walkway that is surrounded by water - from my viewpoint a very nice feature.
              The whole hotel actually has a lot of water features.

The other aspect I haven't mentioned at all is the staff - they were very friendly throughout the hotel, check in and check out were quick and friendly which I can't say from other hotels I have stayed in in Singapore, especially the Intercontinental comes to mind where I stayed a few times and was underwhelmed each time by their service.

I think the Crowne Plaza is a great place to stay if you have been to the city so many times that you really just need a place to unwind and relax before your next flight.

Comment

Thank you for the report, yvrcnx.

What's the exact colour of the carpet at the Crown Plaza Singapore? How did you find it?

I think it's the sort of colour/design that I would choose for the cover of my dog's bed.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                  Thank you for the report, yvrcnx.

What's the exact colour of the carpet at the Crown Plaza Singapore? How did you find it?

I think it's the sort of colour/design that I would choose for the cover of my dog's bed.
                  The color is a light green with a brown and the white you can see.
                  It has that 70's look that has become so popular again.
                  Usually not my thing but I found it to be quite tasteful as it goes nice with the flowers on the bathroom glass that divides the bathroom from the bedroom.
                  Since the rest of the room is decorated in clean lines and colors and eventhough the carpet seems to look busy, it doesn't give the room a busy feel but rather calming and understated.

The whole hotel reflects the recent trends of clean lines and a zen type feel.
                  That's why you will see a lot of water features and I was quite impressed by the pool for a hotel by the airport.

Rather then creating the usual hallways and atriums they have created everything around greenspaces in the inside of the hotel which I find quite nice and refreshing.

Comment

Great report, yvrcnx! I love the design of the rooms at the Crowne Plaza. I know where I will be staying the next time I am in town for a couple of days.

By the way, I wonder if those rooms facing or close to the runway will also rattle like the SKL F at T3?

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                      Great report, yvrcnx! I love the design of the rooms at the Crowne Plaza. I know where I will be staying the next time I am in town for a couple of days.

By the way, I wonder if those rooms facing or close to the runway will also rattle like the SKL F at T3?
                      I will most likely be staying at the Crowne Plaza Changi again next week on my way back and I intend to get a runway view room.
                      I'll let you know if it rattles.

Comment

It does indeed look like a nice place internally. I can't say I like the idea of those white things on the outside of the window though...

The higher floors facing T3 should have decent views of the runway but I'm sure they will have taken measures to prevent any 'rattling', including those bizarre white bits.

I think it will do well, particularly by the very nature of Changi and the number of transit pax. You also have a number of commercial areas and business parks in the area that will benefit, including Expo.

Having said all that I will probably still saunter into town myself. I may have been more times than I can remember but it's only about 20 minutes to Suntec (and specifically the Conrad) and about 10 more to other hotels.

Comment

I'll let you know if it rattles.
                          Rattles would be okay, as long as you don't hear noises from your next door neighbour when they are talking or when they are dot dot dots...

Comment

The hotel car was already waiting for me when I came outside and todays trip to the Crowne Plaza Galleria in Ortigas was fast, almost no traffic. Very unusual ...
                            Wow, that is unusual. Almost up there with an op-up on SQ.
                            Here are a couple pictures of the room/suite at the Crowne Plaza Galleria Manila...
                            That's one of the hotels I'd like to try in MNL. My brother thinks highly of it. Do you recommend it? How is the service, and what is the neighborhood like? (Yes, I do have a sheltered perspective on Manila. )
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Rattles would be okay, as long as you don't hear noises from your next door neighbour when they are talking or when they are dot dot dots...

Then, I would suggest that we put on our own QC2 or QC3.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                                Then, I would suggest that we put on our own QC2 or QC3.
                                QC3 was not working well at Hotel 81.

Comment

Working...
                                X