Spreading My Wings - KLM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
    i said they were bad because i had a very unpleasant experience in Y with them. C looks okay though .... but i guess flying C is quite always good when you're used to flying Y. but honestly ... from my experience with KL, i'll never fly them again.
    I have never flown KLM in Y. Thus, I would not be able to reply to your opinion above.

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
    Thanks for the report.

I didn't have a problem with the service on my KLM flights. However I found the cabins rather dire, and have more often than not had problems with my seats. Full flights each time too so no opportunity to move. From memory, the catering and wine lists weren't too exciting, to say the least. The food in SQ LPP's pics look nicer though.
    Unfortunately, the menu and drink list were taken away. Thus I don't have any list to share. But for the champagne itself, Piper Heidsieck Brut Reserve (with a black label) should be better, right?

No, I don't have any problem with the seats function. Everything was working even the old small screen of the IFE.

Comment

Hehe. I hope you did not take my post as an offence or so. I just wanted to say why I tend to not take KL anymore. Probably, when flying C, they seem to play in another league. Seats look very comfy and the menus really tasty.
      Home is where your heart is.

Comment

I flew KLM in Feb to SIN on one of them el-cheapo mistake fares for 150 euro originating from HEL and returning from HKG. Outbound from HEL was on a 737. In economy, there was the usual sandwich and a wafer chocolate. As it was an internal european flight, it did not dawn on me to order a GFML as I couldn't eat what was offered due to my allergy. The FAs were very accomodating and brought me a few plain chocolate bars from C class.

The onward journey was on a 777-200ER and although the seats were a tad 'tight' - they were comfortable. The IFE was fine (with good movies too) the service was fine. The food was quite good considering it was a special meal and I can see that everything on the 'tray' is recyclable instead of having to be 'washed'. I even managed to sleep a few hours (with a little help from dormicum). FAs were going through the cabin consistently with water, juices and tea/coffee on request.

Overall it was a good flight. Maybe it was cos I was like a rookie on an airline I have not flown before. But the return flight was another matter. It was on an ageing 747-400 combi. No IFE, only the overhead projectors. But I managed to snag an emergency exit so I shouldn't complain even though the other 2 seats were taken too. It was a day time flight and it seemed to be much longer than it was from AMS to SIN. So okay I shouldn't take the 747 next time. So all I could think of was 'Think of the miles, think of the miles'.

Having a NW Gold elite card gives me 100% loyalty bonus on all Skyteam flights. So it was ok to suffer a bit.

Now after writing this and having to relive the above flight on a cramped 747, I should give second thoughts of taking KLM to Mexico in August. MEX flights are served on a 747-400 combi as well.

Rats!

Comment

Actually KLM has couple of 777-300ER with all new seats in Y an C. Looks comfy from the ad. I think it's going to MNL as well as JFK. But not sure.

Comment

Nice report sir !!.

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            Boarding was through door 2L. I was assigned 6A. Row 5 and 6 are to the right of door 2L. Mini cabin before the Y cabin. To the left, there are row 1 to 4. The configuration is 2 - 3 - 2.
            Hmm, in my previous life I used to fly KL a lot and the front cabin on the MD11 was a favourite for KL pax in J due to only a small cabin of just two rows and 2-2-2. I flew MIA-AMS on KL in J about 4 or 5 years ago and am sure that was the case. Have they installed another couple of seats in the front J cabin ?. It wouldn't surprise me with KL !!. I believe their 77W's are 10 across in Y.

I have about 140K FB miles I need to use, and would like to fly on the MD11 before it goes, which I presume won't be that long.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              the front cabin on the MD11 was a favourite for KL pax in J due to only a small cabin of just two rows and 2-2-2.
              Your memory is amazing. Yes, I thought I saw only 2 rows in the front cabin by the window, but not sure about the 3 seaters in the middle. I did not venture to the front at all.

Comment

According to Seatguru the front cabin is configured 2-2-2 in Business Class and mini cabin behind 2-3-2.
                Maybe the plane is wider at that point and they can fit in an extra 2 seats.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/KLM/KLM_MD-11.php

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                  Unfortunately, the menu and drink list were taken away. Thus I don't have any list to share. But for the champagne itself, Piper Heidsieck Brut Reserve (with a black label) should be better, right?
                  Vintage.

I can't remember what champagne I had on my KLM flight in J (was quite a while ago in another, pre-FFP life ). I just remembered that it tasted quite harsh.

Anyway taking the cues of many on here, it is my aim this year to try for a 'breaking news' trip report on an airline that's not been written about yet.
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Question is, to which FFP did you credit the mileage to?
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                    X