Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SQ26/25 SIN-FRA-SIN A380 Biz & Suites: Frankfurt Xmas Markets & 2 Weeks in Portugal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINAL REFLECTIONS

What an amazing trip this was.

We had excellent flights on SQ as well as on TAP.

The SQ A380 experience in Business Class, and in Suites, was superb. It was so nice to be onboard the A380 again. Whatever anyone says about the engineering and cost benefits of twins versus quads, from a passenger perspective, there is really nothing out there quite like the A380, and I would choose the A380 over any other aircraft out there if given a choice.

The travel experience on SQ is almost what it was pre-COVID. The cabin crew still wore masks, and there were no hot towels, but apart from that, the inflight experience was quite close to what it used to be, and at least on these flights, SQ's cabin crew and inflight product in Suites and Business were well up to the standards we have come to expect.

I had flown TAP before in Y, but this was my first experience in TAP J. Despite it being Euro-business...ie economy class seating with an empty seat in between, I was quite happy with our business class experience on these short sectors, and was particularly impressed with TAP's short haul J catering.

As for Portugal itself, Lisbon, Porto and the island of Madeira were all wonderful places to visit. Prices for hotels and F&B in Portugal were also very reasonable, compared to many other European cities. We were especially blown away by Madeira, which we would definitely recommend as a place to visit when in Portugal.

Thanks for reading!

Comment

• Great TR yflyer. Portugal looks great.Glad to hear Mrs yfler enjoyed her Suites experience.

Comment

• Thanks yflyer for yet another tour d’force! 16 pages of comprehensively detailed and picturesque TR transporting yr readers (do you have a Fan Club already?) through yr own journeys and experiences! In a bit of a rush between workpieces to add in my thoughts as you conclude; most glad you and missus had a great time!

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
          FINAL REFLECTIONS

What an amazing trip this was.

We had excellent flights on SQ as well as on TAP.

The SQ A380 experience in Business Class, and in Suites, was superb. It was so nice to be onboard the A380 again. Whatever anyone says about the engineering and cost benefits of twins versus quads, from a passenger perspective, there is really nothing out there quite like the A380, and I would choose the A380 over any other aircraft out there if given a choice.

The travel experience on SQ is almost what it was pre-COVID. The cabin crew still wore masks, and there were no hot towels, but apart from that, the inflight experience was quite close to what it used to be, and at least on these flights, SQ's cabin crew and inflight product in Suites and Business were well up to the standards we have come to expect.

I had flown TAP before in Y, but this was my first experience in TAP J. Despite it being Euro-business...ie economy class seating with an empty seat in between, I was quite happy with our business class experience on these short sectors, and was particularly impressed with TAP's short haul J catering.

As for Portugal itself, Lisbon, Porto and the island of Madeira were all wonderful places to visit. Prices for hotels and F&B in Portugal were also very reasonable, compared to many other European cities. We were especially blown away by Madeira, which we would definitely recommend as a place to visit when in Portugal.

Thanks for reading!
          What an excellent TR as always yflyer. I enjoyed seeing pictures of Portugal. The Waterfront and the bridge really reminds me of San Francisco and it's good to see the markets and how well connected these parts are on transit.

I hope to visit some parts of Europe at some point in my life when it's not so hot & humid (i.e. I think Winter time, southern Europe is more mild than North Europe like UK, Germany, and France).

Comment

• Marvelous TR, yflyer! Par excellence photos that accompanied it! You have set a very high standard for trip reports! Well done.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
              Great TR yflyer. Portugal looks great.Glad to hear Mrs yfler enjoyed her Suites experience.
              She most definitely did! Thanks for reading, SQ218!

Comment

• Originally posted by jammed View Post
                Thanks yflyer for yet another tour d’force! 16 pages of comprehensively detailed and picturesque TR transporting yr readers (do you have a Fan Club already?) through yr own journeys and experiences! In a bit of a rush between workpieces to add in my thoughts as you conclude; most glad you and missus had a great time!
                Thanks, as always, for reading, jammed! It was an amazing trip...it will be a while before we get to do something like that again!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                  What an excellent TR as always yflyer. I enjoyed seeing pictures of Portugal. The Waterfront and the bridge really reminds me of San Francisco and it's good to see the markets and how well connected these parts are on transit.
                  Thanks for reading, SQfanatic! Yes, the 25 de Abril Bridge does resemble the Golden Gate Bridge, doesn't it! Some useful info here!

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                  I hope to visit some parts of Europe at some point in my life when it's not so hot & humid (i.e. I think Winter time, southern Europe is more mild than North Europe like UK, Germany, and France).
                  Lots to see in Portugal, and elsewhere in Europe too, for that matter! I always enjoy visiting places in Europe...but yes, the time of year makes a lot of difference!

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                    Marvelous TR, yflyer! Par excellence photos that accompanied it! You have set a very high standard for trip reports! Well done.
                    Thank for reading, CarbonMan! Glad you liked the photos! All taken with my iPhone! Am sure the photos would be even better with a proper camera and more lenses, but all that stuff is so heavy!

Comment

• Fantastic TR as ever mate!. Enjoyed the bit about Mrs yflyer enjoying Suites as you sent us a few live updates of that part!!.

Agree with you about Lisbon. A wonderful city and one I need to get out to myself in the next couple of months as we have a couple of good customers there. Would slightly disagree that it is rare to see 'old fashioned' places in Europe. There are some very old and historic places/areas to see around Europe.

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post

Thanks for reading, SQfanatic! Yes, the 25 de Abril Bridge does resemble the Golden Gate Bridge, doesn't it! Some useful info here!

Lots to see in Portugal, and elsewhere in Europe too, for that matter! I always enjoy visiting places in Europe...but yes, the time of year makes a lot of difference!
                        It does resemble it in terms of its architecture.

Yeah, I did read that in the Summer months, southern Europe tends to get more humid compared to places like London, Paris, Frankfurt, and Zurich (sometimes they're hot, but when they're hot, it's not very humid, more of a dry heat like California has, 90 with about 20 percent or less humidity is kind of what we have when we actually get heat waves, so no stickiness involved).

Spring time or Fall time would work but it just won't work for my mom who is a teacher and she just doesn't want to take that time off just to go to Europe. Winter time, it sounds like southern Europe is warmer than it is in northern Europe for sure, maybe on the mild side (50's or 60's in Farenheit, which will do) and more sunny and longer days.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          Fantastic TR as ever mate!. Enjoyed the bit about Mrs yflyer enjoying Suites as you sent us a few live updates of that part!!.
                          Thanks very much, MAN Flyer! She had a great time in Suites!

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          Agree with you about Lisbon. A wonderful city and one I need to get out to myself in the next couple of months as we have a couple of good customers there.
                          Yes, a great city to spend time in! Incredibly, although I planned the trip around Lisbon, I was even more bowled over by Porto and Funchal/Medeira. All amazing places!

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          Would slightly disagree that it is rare to see 'old fashioned' places in Europe. There are some very old and historic places/areas to see around Europe.
                          Fair point! Would love to get recommendations from you, and everyone else here, on what other places are worth visiting!

Comment

Working...
                          X