Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indigo A320 To Trichy, India

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone has been keeping well after the whole covid crisis. With air travel slowly resuming, made a trip down to India in July after nearly 2.5 years.

Also the first time I was travelling alone in nearly 5 years. Also served as kind of memorial trip for family members lost during the pandemic.

Travelled to Trichy to and fro by Indigo, which offers more cheaper prices than scoot and Air India Express on the same route.

Malindo is even cheaper but that involves a transit at KLIA which i was not keen to do during the covid period.

Lets get straight into it.

SIN - TRZ
    Date: 07 July 2022
    Departure: 0610 (0645) SG Time
    Arrival: 0750 (0805) IST
    Aircraft: VT-IZE, A320 Neo

Indigo departs from Changi Terminal 1 now, after the closure of Terminal 2. Check-In was common check in for all Indigo Flights, There were 3 flights departing within a couple of hours of each other.

IMG_3604.jpg

Checked In, Cleared Immigration and had a meal at Subway which was the only food shop open at the time.

Couldnt find a place to rest as well, all the chairs were taken by other resting travellers. Left with nothing to do for about 1.5 hours.

Gate was changed to a new Gate, from the one on my boarding pass. Walked all the way to the old gate, then saw the change and walked again. Both gates were like at opposite ends of the terminal, some exercise to start the day...

IMG_3606.jpg

The flight is usually operated by a A320-200, Today was by A32N. Our flight had arrived on time from its previous destination (Chennai) and had landed in SG at 0455 itself.

Shot of Aircraft from gate.

IMG_3607.jpg

As I always do for Indigo, seated in row 13. Extra Legroom and recline offered as well. All for a small amount. The comfort is increased by a lot. The seat beside me remained empty as well. So a jackpot, 2 seats for me alone. The plane was about 90% full, surprising that it was the middle of the week.

Seat is fairly decent, for budget airline standard.

35495b1a-2e36-49bf-aafd-0a90b820e6c2.jpg

Boarding completed on time and push back was on time too. Had some delays during Taxi.

Below are some shots of other aircraft taken during taxi.

IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3611.jpg

Tracking my own flight real time through FR24,

IMG_3612.png

Airborne,

IMG_3615.jpg

Took a pic of sunrise,

IMG_3623.jpg

Comment

Food and Beverage was buy on Board. I had pre ordered a Sandwich Combo. Some popular inflight purchases appeared to be Instant Noodles and Poha ( indian breakfast).

My meal came with a beverage, I chose Coke zero.

IMG_3624.jpg

Sandwich was 3 different triangles of different fillings, served with salad and cheese. Tasted meh. Not that great. Didnt drink the coke, as i feared I wouldnt be able to sleep.

I had my Noise Cancelling earpiece with me, and slept till almost 20 minutes to landing with listening to music. The engine noise was reduced to a whisper almost and was supremely comfortable. Pretty good purchase, I must say.

Soon, we landed at Trichy, 15 minutes behind schedule. Parked beside 2 Air India Express 737's that had arrived from the Gulf earlier.

IMG_3625.jpg

Clearing Immigration was a breeze, I was one of the few holding foreign passport and had managed to avoid the long queue at the Indian passport counters. Baggage Belt 1 it was to collect back my baggage.

IMG_3626.jpg

One thing that really irritates me, is the additional hand baggage screening upon clearing immigration at TN airports. Luggage took insanely long to arrive, despite us being the only arrival.

Was out from plane to car in about 1.5 hours, Pretty long if u ask me.

Trichy Airport has a pretty unique temple like design.

IMG_3627.jpg

Soon, I was on the way home.

IMG_3628.jpg

Comment

Spent close to 3 weeks in Trichy alternating between visits, work, study and play.

Soon It was time to return.

TRZ - SIN
        Date: 27 July 2022
        Depart: 1850 (1844) IST
        Arrive: 0145 (0110) SG Time
        Aircraft: VT-IFS, A320-200

Trichy airport permits only the traveler inside, visitors not allowed due to Covid. Check In baggage has to be security screened and cleared prior to check in. Check In had no queues, given I arrived quite early. Immigration was quick as well, as it was the only departure at that time.

The gate waiting area, has some snack stalls. Bought some popcorn chicken and water. Pretty good taste but prices were a ripoff as expected.

The aircraft for the flight back.

IMG_3720.jpg

Legroom at row 13,

IMG_3728.jpg

This time was a even bigger jackpot, 2 empty seats beside me.

IMG_3722.jpg

Took off 5 mins ahead of time, This time I had a cup noodle and coke. Tasting the good old 100% full sugar coke before coming back to Singapore.

IMG_3725.jpg

Slept through most of the flight again, same pattern as before.

Soon we were about to land.

IMG_3730.jpg

Comment

Landed in Singapore at 0110, and believe me or not, was in a taxi at 0125. Changi was so efficient. Landed at a gate close to Arrivals, Immigration using the automated gates and bags were already out before I cleared it. Plane to Taxi in 15 minutes flat. Changi never ceases to amaze me.

Final Thoughts: Indigo is a no frills airline, offering a decent package. Prices are competitive. Timings are good as well. Always my airline of choice to Trichy. Malindo is another good choice if you dont mind transiting at KLIA.

Thank you for reading. Will be heading to KL next in September, in SQ A359. And trying out SQ 787 Dreamliner in December. Stay tuned for those reports as well. For now its back to University and clearing my Y4.

Till Next time, See ya. And Take Care everyone. Comments are welcomed.

Comment

I enjoyed reading this, balajih67! I am so out of touch that I didn't even realize Indigo flew direct to Trichy from here. Good to know you have started travelling again, and deepest sympathies to you and everyone else who has lost family members and dear friends during this pandemic. My family and I have not been spared either, with some very dear to us lost. Am hopeful that things are getter better now. Enjoy uni life, and hopefully this includes on-campus activities, and not just remote learning!

Comment

Thank you balaji.

like yfler, I didnt know Indigo now flies this route too.

I always fly Indigo too (but domestically) and it's fast becoming my airline of choice, even better than Vistara. I find their booking and check in interface very user friendly and very seamless. And everything is efficient throughout from check in till baggage collection. Vistara can be frustrating when on-ground.

I never go with sandwiches as i find these are usually dry especially in your case where it's quite likely those sandwiches were loaded in chennai the night before, and possible prepared in the morning before that! . I always go with their chicken maggi and chicken curry rice plus Anar juice. These are really good and freshly boiled on board, so go for these next time. They never go stale, so never go wrong. And anar usually is expensive stuff in Singapore, so I will always go with this paperboat brand anar juices.

Comment

Working...
              X