Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by plkong View Post
    hey DeltaFlyingProf,

where is the pix of me with CGK sitting in the F seat next to you?
    I can send you the original if you want.

On another note, here is the picture of CGK trying to fix my light! I think he just did not bang it hard enough!

You will also notice the ambiance lighting. Nobody has mentioned it yet, but light goes from white to this redish (it's kind of attenuated by the flash I used) to blue IIRC.

Comment

• he seems to be in a club more than aboard.....

go, go to the disco.... go, go to the disco...
      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
        he seems to be in a club more than aboard.....

I agree!

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
          he seems to be in a club more than aboard.....

Hmm I am too old for the disco!

Anyway, back to continue the story...

Boarding around 1100. A bit slow in going through security check. Then went straight to the gate agent at the door for F, J, and PPS line. Strange thing, or this is just a Bxxx Sxxx by one of the security guys there, I was not allowed to take the picture of th plane from the walkway towards the air bridge. We chatted a bit prior to this regarding a brand new plane, but when I wanted to find a spot to take the pic through the glass window was told it's not allowed.

Anyway, boarded the plane with SQFlyerGirl which was recognized by the crew because they were the same crew on her SQ334 last Friday. With my two carry-on, I was happy to find an overhead bin above my seat. Hooray... not like last week in F which there is NO overhead bin at all. Once settled down, I got the tour of J cabin from SQFlyerGirl. Well, good tidbits about the seats etc. Do you know that in row18 and 20, there is one window missing? I mean no window so that when you seat in 18A, or 18K, or 20A, or 20K you will have a hard time to look outside or perhaps none. And yeah, I am not going to tell you which seats are the best in my personal preference. ...................

Well, to cut short, the cabin crew in this flight are marvellous. So you will not hear anything negatives or lacking in terms of inflight service from me. This is the opposite from my 5th December flight.

Some points:
          - The flight path is not working at all. Hello SQ... it's been a week and not fix yet? Luckily one of the blue kebaya girl had set her watch to Singapore time. So, I could adjust my body clock.

- The IFE was frozen quite a bit. Well, most of the pax were sleeping. So I guess the input about the IFE is very limited. I found in my music selection, it plays two or three songs than stopped. Later on it was fixed. But then when I wanted to watch movie, after picking the movie, and select the languange, the movie played not in the whole screen, but only inside the thriller box.

- The C class doesn't offer any turn down service. Well, the bed is a hard surface, and there is a thin padding. If there is a thicker padding, I am sure I can sleep much better. Only managed to sleep for 4 hours. And keep wishing I was in F. (Ha ha ha a spoil brat, am I?)

- It seems all the tall guys in the flight have no problem sleeping diagonally. They were all slept peacefully. In fact, I think I was the only one that keep needing attention for the IFE problems plus snacks. But hey, I always said to the FA, "I am sorry to bother you again..."

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
            We chatted a bit prior to this regarding a brand new plane, but when I wanted to find a spot to take the pic through the glass window was told it's not allowed.
            I don't really know why this isn't allowed. Was hoping to get my pic with the plane

Originally posted by CGK View Post
            And yeah, I am not going to tell you which seats are the best in my personal preference. ...................
            I know which one it is, cause it's also my favourite .. but not telling either heheheh...

Well, to cut short, the cabin crew in this flight are marvellous. So you will not hear anything negatives or lacking in terms of inflight service from me. This is the opposite from my 5th December flight.
            Yeah, i thought they were fabulous on the way up to Paris. I knew for sure you would not be disappointed on the return. The girls that were in J on 334 and went back to Y on 333 even came up to J to say hello. that was nice

- The C class doesn't offer any turn down service. Well, the bed is a hard surface, and there is a thin padding. If there is a thicker padding, I am sure I can sleep much better. Only managed to sleep for 4 hours. And keep wishing I was in F. (Ha ha ha a spoil brat, am I?)
            reminds me of the fairy tale princess and the pea

But hey, I always said to the FA, "I am sorry to bother you again..."
            There was one whom IIRC was real cute......

Comment

• I am back home now. My last flight was AC4 NRT to YVR. I have not been on AC J class long-haul for a long time. It was A340, and the seats looks like the SQ regional C. I don't have anything to say about this segment, because I decided to sleep once taking off from NRT. It is okay too sleep. But indeed, the new SQ J is definitely way ahead from this AC J seat. My trip was ended with my bags came out at the carousel, almost at the end of the whole plane load. AC doesn't love me. Yeah, the priority tags did not work this time.

To recap, here is my flight itineraries:

YVR
              SFO UA F
              HKG SQ F delayed 15 hours
              SIN SQ F
              CGK SQ F
              SIN SQ F
              CMB SQ Y
              SIN SQ F
              CDG SQ F 77W
              LHR AF C
              JFK BA F
              SFO UA F
              IAD UA C
              CDG UA C
              SIN SQ J 77W
              BKK SQ F
              SIN SQ F
              NRT SQ F
              YVR AC C

The trip was fun and very memorable. But, the SQ334 first flight was not worth it because of un-SQ-like service. Certainly, I will have to do another trip on 77W F to really enjoy the new seats with the excellent SQ service.

With the UA segments I took, now I have secured my 2007 UA 1K status. For SQ PPS, it's still a long way to go baby! Now I have to look carefully my LH M&M activities for all those SQ flights credited to LH M&M.

Looking forward to my next trip on SQ 325 after Christmas with DeltaFlyingProf. But of course my Christmas wish would be for SQ to reroute me and DeltaFlyingProf to CDG-SIN or MXP-SIN or ZRH-SIN on 77W in F, to make up the disappointed first flight experience. Does SQ love me?

Comment

• Now THAT is a classic CGK itinerary.

As for SQFG reference to the Princess and The Pea......LMAO.... I think that story was written about our CGK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter11 View Post
                  Now THAT is a classic CGK itinerary.
                  You are too kind. I am just a naive, inexperienced traveler. Would rather trade that itinerary with dot dot dot...

Originally posted by Peter11 View Post
                  As for SQFG reference to the Princess and The Pea......LMAO.... I think that story was written about our CGK.

Comment

-
                    So do they have instructions for pax to deploy the bed? A leaflet or something?

Comment

• Originally posted by mechinois View Post
                      So do they have instructions for pax to deploy the bed? A leaflet or something?
                      First of all, Welcome To SQTalk, mechinois. (Note: I wonder what the name means. )

Looking around the seat, there were the usual magazines and safety card (which was not for B777-300ER, but it was for B777-300). No information about how to operate the new seats. I remembered when LH launches the new business class seats, in the seat pocket, I would find the instruction on how to operate the seats. And yes, it's still available till now. Thus, no leaflet.
                      Anyway, back to your question, fortunately, I got a special tour done by SQFlyerGirl once we boarded the B******s Class cabin. So, she told me how to make the bed.
                      Last edited by CGK; 15 December 2006, 03:58 AM.

Comment

First of all, Welcome To SQTalk, mechinois. (Note: I wonder what the name means.

Looking around the seat, there were the usual magazines and safety card (which was not for B777-300ER, but it was for B777-300). No information about how to operate the new seats. I remembered when LH launches the new business class seats, in the seat pocket, I would find the instruction on how to operate the seats. And yes, it's still available till now. Thus, no leaflet.
                        Anyway, back to your question, fortunately, I got a special tour done by SQFlyerGirl once we boarded the B******s Class cabin. So, she told me how to make the bed.
                        Thanx CGK My name is 2 words in French...(any SQtalker speaks French?)

What??? No leaflets?? That is so Un-SQ like..hmm maybe they have yet to print them?

I guess they have a lot to do and implement....glad to read there were no more horror stories about service on the way back

Comment

(Note: I wonder what the name means. )
                          I think it is the French version for moichinese

Comment

Thanx CGK My name is 2 words in French...(any SQtalker speaks French?)

What??? No leaflets?? That is so Un-SQ like..hmm maybe they have yet to print them?

I guess they have a lot to do and implement....glad to read there were no more horror stories about service on the way back
                            Sorry, no French from my side. Hmm indeed, it's an un-SQ like for this new C and F seats. I remembered that SQ provided the leaflet how to operate the seats for the new SpaceBeds as well as SkySuite.

Do you want to hear more horror stories? Will do that after this break.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
                              I think it is the French version for moichinese
                              You guessed it quite close Prof

However, it is Mec Chinois aka Chinese Guy

Comment

You guessed it quite close Prof

However, it is Mec Chinois aka Chinese Guy
                                I guess moi chinese is what's called franglais while maybe me chinois is englench

There used to be a british periodical called Punch that had a funny section named "Let's parler franglais" that would be best if you speak both languages

Comment

Working...
                                X