No announcement yet.

Venice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uh oh, phaleesy, you're being shown up. The pressure's on.

Mouth-watering (therefore very nice) pics, jhm.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Have you seen that scampi...ooh ooh ooh

Comment

I'm hungry............. time for a bedtime snack before going to bed and waking up in time for lunch.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          I'm hungry............. time for a bedtime snack before going to bed and waking up in time for lunch.
          i totally second that
          Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Hows the TR coming along? Any recommendations for places to stay in Venice?

Comment

still waiting here too
              Life's A Bitch,
              Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                Hows the TR coming along? Any recommendations for places to stay in Venice?

SuperJonJon, when are you planning to be in VCE?

Few notes:

1. VCE is busy all year round, but in the summer it becomes impressively crowded and, to say the truth, smelly cause of water in the small channels does not really circulate so well (among other reasons). I would not even dare putting a finger in such water . Generally from May until September it will be crowded beyond desirable levels.

2. Be aware of turistic routes. I did my service many years ago in the Air Force at TSF so went out after working hours in Venice often. What is clear is that the routes indicated with an arrow to , for example Piazza San Marco, from train station Santa Lucia are the ones mostly followed by tourists. Accordingly, a huge amoung of shops and restaurantrs is located along such path. My first rule while visiting Venice is to AVOID those shops/restaurants.
                Reason? Although I look like a local, my future wife does not and we can easily be taken as northern european tourists, with the consequent unpleasant attempt from the local "veneziani" to peel us off. Fact I understand their dialect usually has avoided me sad experiences.
                Be aware you might "see" sometimes different prices on same product/food: one for locals and one for tourists. Yes, I know, it is 2008 and Italy is in the EU, but well...
                My suggestion is: when you get out of Santa Lucia, instead of heading to San Marco by turning left an dstaying on same island, just cross the bridge ove the Canal Grande and head towards the University (Ca' Foscari). You will be then able to see the more human/normal side of Venice and find good, more relaxed and cheaper restaurants.
                Keep this in mind: Venice was a republic centuries ago and its success was based on trade - Veneziani are still merchants.

3. What is your price range per night for yoru stay in VCE?

More info to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikarus2006 View Post
                  SuperJonJon, when are you planning to be in VCE?
                  I am planning to visit in late Nov / early Dec.

As for price range, hopefully not too pricey but nice enough for a honeymoon.

Keep the info coming. Cheers!

Comment

C'mon phaleesy, finish this before I finish the OSL DO...

Comment

Nickbot would love this - 'But I haven't got the pictures!'

Besides I didn't start the thread. The OP should finish it!

Comment

This is a super old thread and it is time to finish it. When this thread started, I was still a bachelor. Now I am happily married and Master SJJ is turning 1 soon!

Comment

This is a super old thread and it is time to finish it. When this thread started, I was still a bachelor. Now I am happily married and Master SJJ is turning 1 soon!
                          phaleesy will post the pictures when you have 3 children.. as per directive from gahmen

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                            phaleesy will post the pictures when you have 3 children.. as per directive from gahmen
                            Had to google what gahmen meant, though I did think it must be some official organization which issues directives.

I'm too busy with mercenary activities at the moment, and haven't got time to do TRs.

When Master SJJ is 15 years old, you've got 3 children, and I'm a little old spinster, then I might consider searching for my pics (which is on somebody else's hard disk) and complete the TR.

Comment

Working...
                            X