LH F food: not impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wdranne View Post
    I love the presentation of food onboard LH F and the classy tableware adds a nice touch. Feels like fine dining...
    Actually the menu which I have been complaining about is created by Anne-Sophie Pic, a three-star Michelin chef in Valence. So you are right in saying that LH is moving in the direction of fine dining.

That said, I still find that they have been trying too hard to be sophisticated but not quite achieving the desired effect. We have eaten at Pic recently and were not impressed. Her creations (combination of ingredients) do not always work well and are not particularly memorable. JMHO anyway. She does after all have three stars, so someone must think highly of her.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
      Actually the menu which I have been complaining about is created by Anne-Sophie Pic, a three-star Michelin chef in Valence. So you are right in saying that LH is moving in the direction of fine dining.
      Do you mean the whole menu or just certain items ? If the latter, it's the same with other airlines, e.g. SQ's International Culinary Panel or BA's Culinary Council.
      Last edited by jhm; 27 January 2008, 08:49 PM.

Comment

That said, I still find that they have been trying too hard to be sophisticated but not quite achieving the desired effect. We have eaten at Pic recently and were not impressed. Her creations (combination of ingredients) do not always work well and are not particularly memorable.
        Indeed, when the best parts of the meal were (IMHO) the following (neither of which were down to her):

GRANNY SMITH APPLE AND BOURBON VANILLA
        almond financière, green apple preserve and sherbet, manzana mousse

(created, I am told, by the pastry chef Philippe Rigollot, Pastry World Cup winner in 2005)

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
          Do you mean the whole menu or just certain items ? If the latter, it's the same with other airlines, e.g. SQ's International Culinary Panel or BA's Culinary Council.
          Answering my own question:

http://konzern.lufthansa.com/en/html...12/770/HOM&s=0

Three French stars in the Lufthansa sky
          Star chef Anne-Sophie Pic to create menus for First and Business Class passengers

In January and February 2008, First and Business Class passengers on Lufthansa’s longhaul routes will have an opportunity to savour menus designed by a top international chef. For eight weeks, Anne-Sophie Pic from the Maison Pic restaurant in Valence in southern France will create palate-pleasing dishes for guests on board as part of the Lufthansa Star Chefs programme. Among the highlights on the First Class menu are artichoke terrine served with seafood sauce, and roast pigeon in nut crust served with quinoa grains with dates and mint. Business Class passengers can look forward to such delicacies as porcini marinated roast beef and grilled zucchini, smoked marlin with basil crème fraîche accompanied by ratatouille salad or almond-crusted tilapia served with onion endive fondue and rice.

To date, Maison Pic has been awarded a total of nine Michelin stars. Three generations of the Pic family have now earned three-star ratings. In their day, Anne-Sophie Pic’s grandfather Alain and her father Jacques each gained three stars for their outstanding culinary skills. Earlier this year, Anne-Sophie also won the ultimate accolade in the international world of cuisine. But that is not all. In September of this year, she was voted “Chef of the Year” by 8,000 of her fellow chefs, making her the first woman in France to receive her country’s highest culinary award.

Comment

I've just been looking through the previous LH F menus (pre- Anne-Sophie Pic) and the pictures again.

They are certainly less pretentious and more appetizing. So the usual LH F fare might be not too bad at all.

Comment

Perhaps re-evaluate that after your 1st SQ F in a few hours and 1st SQ J next month...
              SQ F service is indeed excellent. Green kebayas are so professional, natural and warm!

Vast difference from some (I'm stressing some - a minority only) of the blues in Y who are just a mass of simpering Pinkertons. Makes me cringe and feeling embarassed on behalf of all Singaporean women.

Comment

SQ F service is indeed excellent. Green kebayas are so professional, natural and warm!

And how was breakfast ?

Comment

And how was breakfast ?
                  Looking at the menu posted, looking good!

Comment

Working...
                  X