Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    I had Don Don twice this trip! Once with you and once with KeithMEL
    Long Live Don-Don ....One of the best eatery in MEL...Anyone who visit MEL...should definitely try this....

Comment

Actually, just looking at all the food I ate, I'm actually terrified of getting on the weighing scale now.....
      My motto: Eat first, worry later. A few extra laps in the pool or some extra minutes on the bike should burn off the calories easily!

Thanks for the TR. Stunning scenery - I love wide open spaces. I'm itching to plan a girly road trip now. Chance to pick up some sheep and fit farmers along the way?

BTW, do the rental cars come with sat nav? I'm kinda dependant on the gadget.

Comment

Girly road trip?
        You don't need sat nav. When I visited South Island and drove around, the map was very clear.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
          Girly road trip?
          You don't need sat nav. When I visited South Island and drove around, the map was very clear.
          >2 girls on a road trip = girly road trip.

Isn't it a fact that girls (with the exception of yours truly) can't read maps?

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
            My motto: Eat first, worry later. A few extra laps in the pool or some extra minutes on the bike should burn off the calories easily!
            Not so easy to get rid of the amount I ate

Thanks for the TR. Stunning scenery - I love wide open spaces. I'm itching to plan a girly road trip now. Chance to pick up some sheep and fit farmers along the way?
            Not sure about the sheep, but fit farmers are a distinct possibility

BTW, do the rental cars come with sat nav? I'm kinda dependant on the gadget.
            If you want, they're like 10-12 NZD extra a day

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            Girly road trip?
            Whilst those sat navs ARE available, this statement is also true. You don't need it

>2 girls on a road trip = girly road trip.
            Yay. When?

Comment

WOW absoluely stunning. Another place to add to my list of places I must get to (unfortunately don't think I'd qualify for a girlie road trip).

Note to myself must do better in 2008 than 2007, I did not get to one single new country

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                WOW absoluely stunning. Another place to add to my list of places I must get to (unfortunately don't think I'd qualify for a girlie road trip).

Note to myself must do better in 2008 than 2007, I did not get to one single new country
                Actually, I think we'd have to visit you sometime. Lots to see and do wherever you are. I've been putting it off because I was afraid I'd not be allowed into certain countries once I get my passport stamped. BMI flies there now, so...

Edit to add: Think of all those miles we could get by flying to NZ and Aus!

Comment

wow! great pics sqfg!!!! send my regards to leroy and bubba.

Comment

MEL do?
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Actually, I think we'd have to visit you sometime. Lots to see and do wherever you are. I've been putting it off because I was afraid I'd not be allowed into certain countries once I get my passport stamped. BMI flies there now, so...

You can always ask them not to stamp your passport and now that they have computerised their immigration system they no longer have to use the stamp to know when you entered the country so it realy does not seem to be an issue. I would say about half the time even if you do not ask they do not stamp your passport anymore.

Hmm Miles lovely miles

Comment

Melbourne
                        Rialto towers
                        Nice pics but sorry being a Melbournian, I this have to correct this.

This building is the Melbourne Central Office Tower not the Rialto Tower.

Good to see you enjoy your trip

Comment

Originally posted by SQ218 View Post

They do look somewhat alike (ok apart from the roof bit and perhaps the height) but I guess St Francis Church gave it away.
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ218 View Post

Good to see you enjoy your trip
                            No need to apologize. Thanks for pointing out the error I shall correct that. I've only lived there 10 years of my life! Lots to learn still

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                              Churros - eaten in Spain for breakfast dipped into a cup of very thick hot chocolate - mmmmmmmm!
                              I had Churros as well during my recent trip to LA...it's nice going with flakes of cinnammon and cream....

Comment

Working...
                              X