Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leroy and Bubba's trip report on the first A380 flight of 2008 (SQ220 in J - w/video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love reading your trip reports, Leroy and Bubba.

Which camera do you use? I need to buy a small one to take quick non-instrusive shots, like that one you took of a lady's derriere.

Originally posted by Leroy and Bubba View Post
    Nuts again! But less warm than on our trip down Do you know why aunty Phaleesy?
    Ask mummy to give you a science lesson on how heat is transferred. Nuts are further from the nuts-warming device this time round, that's why!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      When they fly em to Vietnam
      Please get Singapore Airlines to substitute an A380 for my B772ER next week then.
      My Cafe Adventures
      Be Among The First To Savour Aromatic Vietnamese Coffee
      http://www.mycafeadventures.com/

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
        Which camera do you use? I need to buy a small one to take quick non-instrusive shots, like that one you took of a lady's derriere.
        I think the bears didn't take it. It was either me or Uncle Sir I
        In any case, it's an ickle Ixus 70, which fits my purse nicely. Uncle Blast-Off calls it Kamera Merbahaya! . Don't know why!

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
        Ask mummy to give you a science lesson on how heat is transferred. Nuts are further from the nuts-warming device this time round, that's why!
        I defer to your expertise at science. You can explain the temperature (or lack thereof) variances to the bears when you meet them

Originally posted by The High Flyer View Post
        Please get Singapore Airlines to substitute an A380 for my B772ER next week then.
        Don't you want to fly on a plane you own? Unless you also own the A380 too

Comment

Hello SQTalk! Happy new year!

This is the last report from our trip with Mummy and aunty P.

Here's a pic trying out the footwell for size. Mummy was in 21K and Aunty P in 22K today. 17K was available, but mummy had already tried it and didn't want it this time.

An advantage the non-bulkhead seats get is the space for hand luggage under the seat in front. Very neat, and does not exist on the bulkhead seats.

Part 2 to come
          22K! uncle UMD has sat on that seat twice out of the 4 times on SKA. It is actually a very good seat. I am glad your Aunty P decided on 22K.

This is as we were passing 8400ft. Notice the icing that uncle UMD was talking about in his trip report? It dissipated at 5500ft or so, but strangely it wasn't present at cruising altitude.
          The last trip back to Sydney on SKA on Dec. 16, uncle UMD noticed a much larger area of ice formation on the wing section and the ice continued to form even after we landed.

It was a great report, as usual Leroy and Bubba. You guys are very lucky to have such a wonderful mummy who knows so much about aviation and who can take you guys travel the world.
          Last edited by UMD; 2 January 2008, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
            22K! uncle UMD has sat on that seat twice out of the 4 times on SKA. It is actually a very good seat. I am glad your Aunty P decided on 22K.
            Actually, having ridden in 17K on the way down, as much penchant as I have for bulkhead seats, and despite what StarG might say about 17A and K being the two best seats in the house, I'm warming up to these non bulkhead seats. There are a few reasons for this:

This is not quite like the 744 where there are only three crew upstairs. There are 8, operating out of essentially one galley complex. It gets VERY crowded and noisy - it just seems like there's so many crew running around out of a small area. 17A and K, whilst there is privacy from the rest of the pax, is not exactly the quietest place around since it's basically right next to the galley.

I like the extra space for the handluggage under the seat in front of you. That's non existent on 17A and K.

Pitch is sufficient on the 380. I'm still a fan of 14A on the 77W, because whilst the overall seat complex is wider on the 77W, on a nonbulkhead seat, it really does feel like your face is on the PTV screen. The increased pitch on the 380 does make a difference.

The last trip back to Sydney on SKA on Dec. 16, uncle UMD noticed a much larger area of ice formation on the wing section and the ice continued to form even after we landed.
            I've still got no idea why that's happening though!

It was a great report, as usual Leroy and Bubba. You guys are very lucky to have such a wonderful mummy who knows so much about aviation and who can take you guys travel the world.
            In return, they watch over me every night!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              In any case, it's an ickle Ixus 70, which fits my purse nicely. Uncle Blast-Off calls it Kamera Merbahaya! . Don't know why!
              It's called kamera berbahaya because it always come at unexpected times...
              Which resulted in most of the pix will need to be censored...
              That's why Kelab BK members always say SQFG's Cam is Kamera Merbahaya or Kamera Maksiat

Comment

Originally posted by blast-off View Post
                It's called kamera berbahaya because it always come at unexpected times...
                Which resulted in most of the pix will need to be censored...
                That's why Kelab BK members always say SQFG's Cam is Kamera Merbahaya or Kamera Maksiat
                For the benefit of the non Bahasa speakers... bahaya= danger

Maksiat? you gotta google it baby!

I luv my camera merbahaya.

Comment

Originally posted by blast-off View Post
                  Wow...your mummy do remember all her friends really well...

So...does your mummy's friend called Ci-Bay??? hehehehehehe....

By the way, is there another meaning of Maksiat in Bahasa Malaysia?

Poor Leroy and Bubba, first the birds and the bees and now this.......I hope it is not too much for them to handle. he he he he.

Comment

A few new pics and videos

Hello! Here are a few more pics and videos we didn't upload until a little while ago

HS-TJR making her way to the parking area as we taxi along Alpha and cross 07/25

Bye bye Australia See you in a few months!

Cabin Views

Short Video sweep of the cabin

Leroy resting on the drinks holder. Warning. Do not try this at home if you weigh more than 100 grams like he does!

Video of the Landing

Arrival in SIN. Who's Jett8?

Whose is this? no markings bar the registration N2767
                    Last edited by SQflyergirl; 4 January 2008, 10:40 PM.

Comment

By the way, is there another meaning of Maksiat in Bahasa Malaysia?
                      No. only one meaning

Comment

Just want to say thank you for passing the Menu ...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                          Just want to say thank you for passing the Menu ...
                          You're welcome uncle SQ LPP Say hi to cousin Laurent and cousin Bertrand for us

Comment

For those who wrote to tell us about potential issues with the Youtube take off video, here it is in Photobucket form

Comment

Whose is this? no markings bar the registration N2767
                              Got the answer.... it's the Google Jet. Got it erm........ via Google!

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?i...1216617&size=L

Comment

SWJ at E20-something about to operate SQ326 to FRA

That's the plane that took me back to SIN from FRA. 9V-SWJ.
                                Hopefully this year I will be on 9V-SWK and 9V-SWL.

Comment

Working...
                                X