SQ A380 - C Class Trip Report, SQ 220 - SKA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by david747 View Post
    In it's hey day NOBODY beat a BA Concorde crew in the service skills area - specially with the Chairman aboard!
    I gather that's true, given the tenacity with which people hang on to the memories rather than living with what's here and now.
    Last edited by jjpb3; 11 December 2007, 01:57 AM. Reason: oops, grammar
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Tell you what girls - instead of arguing over who is or was betterer and bestest and all that ........ put up your hands how many of you (who have flown neither the Concorde nor R on the 380) would not give your right arm (or right reproductive male organ, if you have them) - to ride concorde or the A380 in R? They sure sound like treats of a lifetime I somehow never got to/don't think I will ever (depending on the case) got to/get to enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Greatfox View Post
        Ice does form on the leading edges of the wings in the right conditions DURING flight, breaking the airflow across the wing and consequently causing a loss of lift, that's what de-icing systems in planes are for, and I believe they heat a good portion of the wing, so either the place that the ice was unheated, or the heat was turned off because the conditions were not right for ice to form elsewhere
        Thank you for clarifying that ice (if formed on the leading edge) affects performance during the flight. However, on most commercial passenger jets, the anti-ice system automatically (or manually switched on by pilots) bleeds hot air to the leading edge and does not intentionally HEAT any other portion of the wings.

UMD's picture shows the flat part of the wing which has no anti-ice system nor reachable by the hot air...and is of little concern to safety or performance.

I doubt we will get a chance to see ice form on the leading edges in-flight, because the anti-ice system is usually turned on automatically when conditions are met.

Comment

I don't think I've properly welcomed you to SQTalk, Sqstalker.

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to SQTalk, Sqstalker. It seems you know SQ very well from the way you post. Or else, I am in my dream mode here...

Comment

Thank you CGK and jjpb3 for the welcome. However CGK, what I have posted so far is about airlines in general, not specific to SQ.. Continue dreaming CGK from what I have been reading so far...few has more onboard experience than you and I wouldn't dream to take that title away from you.

Comment

SQFG, my right hand is as far up as it will go!

Comment

I cringe at what our resident shy, naive, innocent SQTalker would do with that post.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    Tell you what girls - instead of arguing over who is or was betterer and bestest and all that ........ put up your hands how many of you (who have flown neither the Concorde nor R on the 380) would not give your right arm (or right reproductive male organ, if you have them) - to ride concorde or the A380 in R? They sure sound like treats of a lifetime I somehow never got to/don't think I will ever (depending on the case) got to/get to enjoy
                    (that's both hands)

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                      I cringe at what our resident shy, naive, innocent SQTalker would do with that post.

surely we're all old and mature enough here...

Comment

Oh for goodness sake jjpb3, you're stooping as low as him now
                        Last edited by nickbot; 11 December 2007, 11:03 PM.

Comment

as far as it'll go up where?

Comment

just to dispel all interpretations of my previous post...
                            In the air, duh

Comment

surely we're all old and mature enough here...
                              Nope, not me. I'm just old.

UMD, apologies for taking your excellent TR down with my comment. I'll stop now.

Comment

Nope, not me. I'm just old.

UMD, apologies for taking your excellent TR down with my comment. I'll stop now.
                                No apologies needed....everyone needs a little laugh sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X