Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A380 Suites TR (1st A380 SQ221 - 28 Oct 2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A most fascinating read, StarG.
    Thanks for such an extensive review; I hope you had time to relax and enjoy the flight though.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Bravo, StarG! An immensely informative and enjoyable read.
      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I am flying back on the 31st on the A380.
        Any (reasonable ) requests to check out something on the plane?

Comment

Added point #6 on Random Notes of OP.

Comment

Excellent! Any chance to have pics of the two middle suites?
            I am so glad everything went well for you!

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
              Excellent! Any chance to have pics of the two middle suites?
              I am so glad everything went well for you!
              The bed made in post #10 is one of the middle seats.
              Any particular angle you are looking for?

Comment

StarG, did you feel any claustrophobia? That seems to have been a major concern among many who expressed reservations about the suites.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  The bed made in post #10 is one of the middle seats.
                  Any particular angle you are looking for?
                  I was told that the two middle Suites can be a big one queen size bed. But looking at the picture you referred to, it seems there is still a big bulky area separating both beds.

Comment

Excellent report StarG, most enjoyable thank you so much Eeek, 11K would be most disappointing for an avid window fan such as myself!

Comment

Thank you StarG for this wonderful hot-off-the-press update.

Great info about the window and width for 11AK. How about 17AK? Do they have windows? Most people seems to like 11AK for 77W, but they don't look that great on the 380. What are your recommended seats in C?

Comment

jjpb3, no claustrophobia whatsoever - but I can only speak for the window Suites. Whatever claustrophobia possible by the compartments would have been neutralized by them.
                        TerryK, I didn't have the chance to really explore C class - the info I got was from the IFS. I was a bit embarassed having been perhaps the person who snapped most number of pictures onboard. I will look around in C & check 17A/K windows on my flight back.
                        CGK will get back to you on the double beds after my return flight. Why are you so persistent in asking the question? Hmmm....
                        Did you not get the part of my report where I wrote the privacy screen is see through?
                        The biggest problem on the Suites is: the trip is too short to fully enjoy it!
                        I asked the IFS if he can submit a feedback to make overnight A380 flights to SYD longer. SQ will perhaps save some money from the fuel cost!

Actually, looking at how comfortable Y class seem to be (especially window seats on the UD with the side bins) I wouldn't mind trying it out for 7 hour flights like SIN-SYD-SIN next time.

Comment

Added captions to post #20.

Comment

Wow, many thanks StarG for sharing the pics and your trip report.
                            I have to admit that the Suite is very impressive.

Keep them coming and appreciate the trouble of uploading all the photos. Good on you.

Comment

Wow...this Suite class of SQ simply beat the competitors

Would be hard to trump it....nice pics StarG, and will be hoping to see more of the Business and Economy class pics (these 2 are probably the ones that I can afford right now for my leisurely travel)

Comment

StarG, I may have missed it but if the crew will set it up, perhaps a picture of the breakfast in bed setup ?

I believe you may have a trip shortly on the CX 74A F - I'd be very interested to hear your views on the differences in the hardware.

Comment

Working...
                                X