Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leroy and Bubba's trip to Australia on SQ and UA First

Hello all

This is our first TR - so go easy on us please. We decided to go to Australia to have a bit of a holiday, so what better way than to go on SQ?

Our routing was KUL-SIN-SYD-MEL and we were particularly excited to ride the boeing 747-400 too.

Arriving at the KUL airport checkin - we found no queue, and it was a breeze checking in. Got our one and only suitcase tagged all the way to Melbourne, and was told by the nice checkin lady that we'd have to clear CIQ in Sydney, however, our mummy's done this trip before so we knew that even though UA839 from SYD-MEL was flown domestically within Australia, it was still an international flight, and we'd only clear in MEL.

Here's us at the newly renovated SKL KUL. We love our diet coke!

Just checking up on SQTalk to see what was new

Sir I invited us during the 5 hour layover to go to town, so visitors have to fill this in. Pic of bubba holding leroy's form

Leroy trying to stuff his boarding pass down his shirt even though it didn't fit

9V-SRA at gate C2 in KUL. C2 is the usual gate and it's nice to be able to see it from the SKL. Gives you an idea if your flight is late or not.

You get a sandwich or a salad in F from KUL-SIN. Quite yummy!

Seeing how The High Flyer likes feet shot, we asked this nice lady in 12A to take a pic for us as our legs are too short. Good legroom in this bulkhead seat. It's sold as regional J on other routes.

pt 2 to come

Pt 2

Clearing immigration in SIN changi is a breeze. Within minutes, we were in Uncle I's car heading for the Hilton for some munchies.

Bubba checking out the GPS map of Singapore

After having nice chit chat's with Uncle I, he dropped us back at the airport. Sadly, they didn't have the new style BP's at the F checkin area.

The flight was completely full. Here's the two of us sharing a diet coke on board.

To our surprise, the same lady on the earlier SQ109 was also on our flight, so we asked her for another shot . Those skysuites are very nice.

The cabin

part 3 to come
    Last edited by Leroy and Bubba; 11 October 2007, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Part 3

SQ carries both Dom 99 and Krug. Bubba much prefers the Krug so he had a glass.

Before dinner was served, we had a chance to catch part of a movie. We watched hairspray, and it was all AVOD, as the entire fleet of 747's are.

For starters we had the chilled caviar

Then the soup

And our BTC item : The lobster thermidor

At that time we were so full we decided to call it quits and skipped desserts and cheese. Besides, bears don't really do cheese either.

Pt 4 to come

Comment

part 4

As always, you should buckle up when seated.

Not long after, we decided to have the duvet laid out for beddy byes. It'd been a long day so far

We woke up to find ourselves not far from Sydney!. A simple continental breakfast was served but we weren't hungry.

Touching down in SYD!

That nice lady who consented to all the foot (aka Legroom) shots

Comment

part 5

9V-SMU had arrived in SYD the night before as SQ219. Was going to go home this morning as SQ220. Our plane was 9V-SMZ. Mummy told us she'd been on SMZ many times before, more so than any other 747-400

A whole train of luggage carts waiting to unload our plane. Lucky we weren't flying in the cargo hold!

Don't know why we didn't get an SQ amenity Kit for bears (we aren't very well catered for, they only have ladies and gents) - so we got a ladies one instead. We got Pyjamas too, but it was far too big for us.

We transferred to UA839 to get from SYD-MEL - which is also a 747-400 too. Their First Suites which are about to upgraded are still comfortable nonetheless. UA839 would have come all the way from LAX

Bubba listening to Channel 9. It's unique to UA, and you can listen to Air Traffic control.

Before we took off, the nice captain told us that if you sat on the right, you'd get a great view of Sydney Harbour, so we moved from 2A to 2J. The harbour bridge is visible as is the opera house. Mummy's taking us to Sydney in December on the A380,and we're going to see those two sights up close.

We were seriously getting that nice lady agitated with our requests for foot shots, thankfully she was quite obliging in the end. Those First suites are also very spacious.

All we got to eat on this leg was some pretzels. I coulda sworn mummy telling us that you got a decent breakfast. But that was some time ago i guess.

Melbourne city skyline visible from MEL airport! We're almost there!

Finally! Time for a bearnap! The Grand Hyatt's undergoing renovations, but staff were quite apologetic about it. Superb! The renovations aren't complete for another 15 months or so, but you don't really feel it in the rooms.

Thanks for reading!

Hugs

Leroy and Bubba
          Last edited by SQflyergirl; 11 October 2007, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Very very enjoyable report to read
            Should be SQFG in disguise

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
              Should be SQFG in disguise
              I wish.

Comment

Nice TR .....It's nice to have a good Mummy to take you on a holiday .... Hope you enjoy your time in Australia......and thanks for sharing your journey here....

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                  I wish.
                  But u are in the same trip with them right

Comment

Originally posted by Leroy and Bubba View Post
                    Sir I invited us during the 5 hour layover to go to town, so visitors have to fill this in. Pic of bubba holding leroy's form
                    The passport from bearland is expired and another thing how did the metallic tools get passed security?

Comment

Excellent first report Leroy and Bubba, most enjoyable You have a very kind mummy!!

Comment

Ha ha what a good read. I really enjoyed that. Beary beary funny

Comment

A BIG Kudos for the feet shots

Comment

Great trip report, SQFG... Something different, more interesting to read. I love Leroy, he's sooo cute... ^_^

Comment

After we got up from sleepy time, KeithMEL and BlastOff came by to take us out to lunchies. We had Don Don Bento on Swanston St. Mummy says it's her favourite so we went there

Comment

Working...
                              X