No announcement yet.

SQ Premium Economy from Singapore to London

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great report!! have been looking forward to reading about the PE product.

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
      PEY is definitely a step up from Y, and if you are flying on a long sector like SIN-LHR, or that marathon flight SYD-SIN-LHR, then you would want to consider PEY for a far more comfortable flight.

So PEY as a product does fill an important niche between Y and J/F, and is class of travel which I would recommend, and indeed consider for my own travel if the price was right.

But is SQ’s PEY the best that it can be? Let us turn the microscope on to specific aspects of the hard and soft product.
      At the right price point, I would most definitely consider it for personal trips to Europe and the US.

However, on the issue of price, if one looks at SIN-FRA return for Apr16, one can see that the price difference between the Super Deal and PEY is about 2.5 times ($1.3k vs $3.2k) and with the Full Flexi, it is 35% more ($2.4k vs $3.2k). I stand by my opinion that the premium for the Premium is a little high. It would look as if they worked out the PEY fare at about 50% of J.

Comment

Thanks, icn.sg! Your attention to detail is amazing too! You spotted the tablecloth although I actually forgot to mention it in the TR. I went back to edit the text to mention the tablecloth after I read your comment.
        There are some TRs that I'd simply glance through because the airline/class of travel don't interest me, or if it writes about things I am less interested in. Then there well written reports on my favorite airlines, that are balanced with high quality pictures.... for them, I pay closer attention to what's written and take a close look at every single photo...

You've actually inspired me to write a TR of my recent flight on SQ and LX... I may post it here another time - don't want your SQ report to steal my thunder...

Regarding the catering, for some reason I think having real glasses would make a difference to the passenger experience in PEY...although I do agree that in most respects SQ Y catering is already up to PEY standards on other airlines. I just hope they don't decide to downgrade Y service...
        Well, PEY has real wine glass as opposed to the new plastic ones in Y. The PEY wine glass looks similar to one from the old SQ Y tableware... or did they have new wine glasses specially designed for PEY?
        Last edited by icn.sg; 13 October 2015, 12:27 PM.

Comment

A distinct possibility, reddevil0728! Anyway it is nice to see SQ doing op-ups for reasons other than overbooking...

Sadly I was on the A380 to HKG a few weeks back and didn't get one, though I had a bit of a look on the way past...... I would need to check price differences on routes before deciding whether worthwhile or not

I think you are right earlier, $1200 one way is far too much.

Comment

Thanks for the review and many pictures. Very useful reference.

Comment

Great report! And this has attracted myself to fly on S Class now.

From SYD, if you are going to Asia and do a mixed class booking Y outbound then S inbound, the price is pretty much the same as the E class return. So I would agree this is value for money.

Yet may I ask where do you go to the bathroom on S Class if you need? I heard there's no bathroom exclusively for S Class?

Comment

WELL DONE yflyer !!! Another vy comprehensive and detailed TR - one gets the feel of almost being there reading your story, with attention on all the aspects that a pax will access. Your TR gives me a preview of what to expect when I (and family) will fly PEY next to SYD.

IMHO, your op-up to SQ PEY is rewards - and duty - for having done a good job with previous TRs esp on LH's PEY. The comparison between various PEYs is also a 1st in SQT, i believe (but mods may want to correct me).

One major flaw in this TR, as we can only benchmark with yr previous - where's yr Run Report?

So thanks once again, for a job vy well done! If i can have it my way, yr next flight will be op-up to F or R

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                  Cheers for another great TR yflyer!
                  Thanks, Pinkfloyd!

Comment

Originally posted by banoffi View Post
                    Great report!! have been looking forward to reading about the PE product.
                    Thanks, banoffi!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                      At the right price point, I would most definitely consider it for personal trips to Europe and the US.
                      Yup...all about getting the pricing right. I am hoping that there will be some SQ PEY promotions (maybe restricted changes, non-refundable etc) that wil be priced quite low. I also hope they introduce last-minute or day-of-departure upgrade offers e.g. pay X dollars at check-in to upgrade, similar to how LH or BA/QF do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarsingapore View Post
                        Thanks for the review and many pictures. Very useful reference.
                        Thanks, Guitarsingapore!

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
                          You've actually inspired me to write a TR of my recent flight on SQ and LX... I may post it here another time - don't want your SQ report to steal my thunder...
                          Looking forward to reading it, icn.sg! The more TR's here the better!

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
                          Well, PEY has real wine glass as opposed to the new plastic ones in Y. The PEY wine glass looks similar to one from the old SQ Y tableware... or did they have new wine glasses specially designed for PEY?
                          It looked like the same low, thick, glass that Y meals used to have. I prefer the previous generation of SQ Y glass, which was rounded, with thinner glass and a frosted bottom (No pictures of that one, unfortunately)...

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
                            Great report! And this has attracted myself to fly on S Class now.

From SYD, if you are going to Asia and do a mixed class booking Y outbound then S inbound, the price is pretty much the same as the E class return. So I would agree this is value for money.

Yet may I ask where do you go to the bathroom on S Class if you need? I heard there's no bathroom exclusively for S Class?
                            Thanks, Metropolitan Airlines!

There is no dedicated restroom for PEY i.e. you need to go back one cabin, and cross one small section of Y to use the restrooms. Not ideal, but in practice, on the flight I was on, there were seldom queues at those restrooms, maybe because my flight was not completely full.

The good thing about being in PEY is that you can probably finish your meal and get up to use the restrooms in the back, while the Y pax are still stuck in their seats with their trays still on their tray tables, which means you miss the peak period of restroom use (i.e. immediately after meal trays are cleared).

There is another peak in Y restoom use, of course, and that is 30-40 min before arrival, when the pilot goes on the PA to announce the start of descent and announces "cabin crew preparing for arrival. Once that happens, lots of folks rush to use the restrooms, so the best plan is to time a restroom visit just before the announcement, which will enable you to avoid this other restroom usage peak.

Comment

Originally posted by jammed View Post
                              WELL DONE yflyer !!! Another vy comprehensive and detailed TR - one gets the feel of almost being there reading your story, with attention on all the aspects that a pax will access. Your TR gives me a preview of what to expect when I (and family) will fly PEY next to SYD.

IMHO, your op-up to SQ PEY is rewards - and duty - for having done a good job with previous TRs esp on LH's PEY. The comparison between various PEYs is also a 1st in SQT, i believe (but mods may want to correct me).

One major flaw in this TR, as we can only benchmark with yr previous - where's yr Run Report?

So thanks once again, for a job vy well done! If i can have it my way, yr next flight will be op-up to F or R
                              Thanks for the kind comments and feedback, jammed! Glad to hear you enjoyed it, and that you have a preview of your upcoming flight, which I am sure you and your family will enjoy! Let us know how it goes...

As for the run report...in fact I do have one from this trip coming up...in the continuation of this TR!

Comment

It looked like the same low, thick, glass that Y meals used to have. I prefer the previous generation of SQ Y glass, which was rounded, with thinner glass and a frosted bottom (No pictures of that one, unfortunately)...
                                Did you mean the wine glass here?

Last edited by icn.sg; 15 October 2015, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X