No announcement yet.

EVA Air Hello Kitty Jet HKG-TPE RT in J 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice TR! That said, my only question about Eva's Hello Kitty theme is: "Why?...."

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Looks good.
      These flights are on my list of 'to fly'. My wife & daughter will surely be really happy.

Comment

I can understand Y having these themes since a lot of families/children fly Y, but do they seriously expect the J passengers to appreciate the overwhelming Hello Kitty decoration everywhere?

When ANA used to do international Pokemon Jet flights, I remember that F and J were spared the Pokemon treatment, which I think is sensible.

Comment

Thanks for all the kind comments!

I think when EVA Air first started the Hello Kitty jet operation, the focus was only in the economy class cabin.

However they reintroduced the Hello Kitty Jet in 2012-13, they added some elements in business class.

Yes little kids like Hello Kitty, but from my observation and my circle of friends, there are a group of young men and women, who grew up with Hello Kitty. They are in their thirties, who are more well off and traveled up front. They expected the same Hello Kitty experiences in business class. My cousin, who is in her forty, is in love with Hello Kitty, and she also travels up front. I guess there is a market for Hello Kitty for the upper and upper middle class families too. Plus the decoration in the J cabin is a bit less than Y cabin. For example, the food tray only features a napkin ring with Hello Kitty and only one of the dishes have Hello Kitty decoration, in which the Y cabin features Hello Kitty utensils and more Hello Kitty items. I guess there are also all these rich Mainland Chinese families too.

However I feel that if you book a Hello Kitty flight, you sort of understand that there will be lots of Hello Kitty decorations. Most of these flights are short regional hops anyway. The new LA flights will only be a thrice weekly flight, so it should not affect business passengers too much. But I have to say that I am disappointed the Hello Kitty flights are featured on the late night departures. It should be used on a daytime flight so people can actually enjoy the Hello Kitty experience.

It is interesting that most of my friends love my facebook album on the Hello Kitty jets, while both FT and SQtalkers seem to be terrified of this animated figures. I guess that is the cultural gap right!

Anyway, if Hello Kitty is not a profitable venture, EVA Air will not bring it back a second time and expand the operation in such large scale.

Carfield

Comment

Thank you for very interesting TR, Carfield. I've heard about it, but never known that this much intense. I became speechless...

I am quite sure that it would make a joyful & memorable flight experience to many children & families.

OT, I am curious to try EVA for my next trip back to Japan as the fare looks unbelievably cheap for J. But I also heard quite a lot of pros and cons in regards to their seat comfort.
            Would you mind sharing your thought about their hard product with me, please?

Thank you,
            sushiinsyd

Comment

Well

In terms of seat comfort, the current generation of Premium Laurel seats are those awful types that keep on sliding if you put it in a full flat position. However, EVA Air has made some minor adjustment on the newer Airbus A330-300s.

I think for those relatively short two to three hours ride to Japan, EVA Air's seat is sufficient. It is quite comfortable in a lounging position. If you are going long haul, I will just select those Boeing 777-300ER flights with the new Royal Laurel cabin.

Honestly the service and catering (Book the Cook) is quite good. I will not hesitate to fly BR J to and from Japan from Taipei.

Carfield

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by Carfield View Post
                In terms of seat comfort, the current generation of Premium Laurel seats are those awful types that keep on sliding if you put it in a full flat position. However, EVA Air has made some minor adjustment on the newer Airbus A330-300s.

I think for those relatively short two to three hours ride to Japan, EVA Air's seat is sufficient. It is quite comfortable in a lounging position. If you are going long haul, I will just select those Boeing 777-300ER flights with the new Royal Laurel cabin.

Honestly the service and catering (Book the Cook) is quite good. I will not hesitate to fly BR J to and from Japan from Taipei.

Carfield
                Thank you for the advice, Carfield.

Well, EVA fly with A330 for both BNE/TPE & TPE/BNE. BNE/TPE is about 9 hours flight, I think I should consider a bit more carefully.

Comment

Carfield, did you also fly BR's Royal Laurel product? If so, would you be doing a TR also?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post

I'll be having one of those please...
                    I like how the brown colour matches the nose

Interesting TR, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      Carfield, did you also fly BR's Royal Laurel product? If so, would you be doing a TR also?
                      Sorry I did not fly the Royal Laurel product!

Carfield

Comment

Very nice TR!

I have several of Eva air A330 aircraft model and the gf is interested, she shall not see your trip report...

Comment

Working...
                        X