Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Farewell to the Spacebed (SQ391 IST-SIN in J)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A nice read. I can remember the first time I sat in one of these on a 744 LHR SIN and thinking how luxurious they are. How times change.

Comment

Hey SilverChris, I enjoyed your trip report. I liked your description of the doorless shower.

Safe Journeys....

Comment

Nice one! Sniff sniff

Comment

Great TR!

I have very fond memories of the Spacebed. Did not get to fly in one a lot (being yflyer...) but enjoyed it on the rare occasions I did...
          Last edited by yflyer; 25 April 2013, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the great TR SilverChris!

I remember the first time I used a Spacebed on a 744 from AKL-SIN and it was my most comfortable 10 hour flight yet. Hard to believe that they have become outdated rather quickly. I will miss them.

Comment

Was jolted back in time on SQ281 last week... Actually quite nice. I remember them with fondness from 744 days. Still, looking forward to 11K on 286 in 40 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post

We had a long taxi to the other side of the airport towards T2, or so I thought. It was still dark outside, but I could still make out a Delta A330 beside us as we pulled in. But wait, isn't DL at T1?

Anyway, I took my time to pack up and gather my belongings. Saying goodbye is never easy. It wasn't until then that I really appreciated all those KUL-SIN runs with these wonderful seats.

As the saying goes, you'll never know what you've had till the day you lose it. I bade goodbye to the wonderful crew, and (reluctantly) stepped out of one of my most memorable SQ flights.
                So you disembarked at T1? it also seems like the Spacebeds got some form of a upgrade to make them look much more modern as their shells are now in Purple Leather, which looks much nicer than the previous cloth that looked horribly old and worn out

Comment

Working...
                X