Die Die MAS try! SIN-KUL-SIN in Y on MH's new 737-800s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Oh, they most definitely do. It's my personal trip highlight when I fly with MH. Unfortunately the closest I've found SQ getting is putting two TWG chai teabags into the one mug...
    If I ever find myself in MH J, I will order one myself. Wonder if they will humour me and make it a teh-ping...

Comment

Hi, what flight was that exactly? I recently flew 2 round trips SIN-KUL-SIN, one SQ and one MAS to compare, main differences was IFE on SQ and none on MAS and my MAS cabin was not that one, much older (and less fancy!) and no IFE, although it was a 738 too...

Comment

Originally posted by Durian View Post
        Hi, what flight was that exactly? I recently flew 2 round trips SIN-KUL-SIN, one SQ and one MAS to compare, main differences was IFE on SQ and none on MAS and my MAS cabin was not that one, much older (and less fancy!) and no IFE, although it was a 738 too...
        I flew MH602 to KL and MH613 back. Might have been pure luck to get the Sky Interior both ways...

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
          Might have been pure luck to get the Sky Interior both ways...
          It is nothing more than that.

Comment

Looking forward to flying them again as well. It does make a difference!
            The BSI is really nice, however on MH, some flights are the older leases 737-800s which have the old interior and seats, which are really bad since jetstar's product can easily beat that.

Comment

Originally posted by JonLee View Post
              The BSI is really nice, however on MH, some flights are the older leases 737-800s which have the old interior and seats, which are really bad since jetstar's product can easily beat that.
              Don't be silly. The leased ones are more comfortable pitch wise than the owned ones. What do I know anyway eh? I only fly them rarely... like every week.

Jet star you have your knees in your face.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                Don't be silly. The leased ones are more comfortable pitch wise than the owned ones. What do I know anyway eh? I only fly them rarely... like every week.

Jet star you have your knees in your face.
                well, i don't mind have a nicer interior and IFE than having 1or 2 more inches of pitch on a short 30min flight when the new seats are quite good. Jetstar has a decent amount of pitch now on their new planes equipped with the new slim seats i found them to be rather comfortable compared to the older seats

Comment

Originally posted by JonLee View Post
                  well, i don't mind have a nicer interior and IFE than having 1or 2 more inches of pitch on a short 30min flight when the new seats are quite good. Jetstar has a decent amount of pitch now on their new planes equipped with the new slim seats i found them to be rather comfortable compared to the older seats
                  IFE on SIN-KUL really? I don't even touch the IFE for the SIN-BKK/HKG flights not even in J or F.

Comment

Originally posted by Calcjr23 View Post
                    IFE on SIN-KUL really? I don't even touch the IFE for the SIN-BKK/HKG flights not even in J or F.
                    Well IFE on SIN-KUL or KUL-SIN is handy if you need to catch the last 10 min of a movie that was cut off on your previous SQ flight because they shut down the IFE way too early to prepare for arrival...

Comment

Well IFE on SIN-KUL or KUL-SIN is handy if you need to catch the last 10 min of a movie that was cut off on your previous SQ flight because they shut down the IFE way too early to prepare for arrival...
                      Lol, good one... Til this day, I still don't know what happened in the last 8 minutes of Invictus...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        Lol, good one... Til this day, I still don't know what happened in the last 8 minutes of Invictus...
                        Many years ago, I won a contest where the prize was business class tickets on South African Airways from SIN to Jo'burg.

As it happens, this was 1995, and I flew from Cape Town to Jo'burg on the day of the Rugby World Cup final in South Africa (the subject of the movie Invictus), and overflew the rugby stadium in an SAA Airbus A320 between Cape Town and J'oburg on the way home (Not the low pass by the jumbo in the movie, though!). The final was still going on, in its final minutes, as we were called to board the 747 from Jo'burg to SIN. No one wanted to board the flight!

We all boarded after the ground staff in the lounge said that they would announce the results onboard once they were known. While onboard (either just before pushback or after take-off, can't remember) the Captain announced that South Africa had won, and a cheer erupted onboard...
                        Last edited by yflyer; 1 May 2013, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X