Eat and Sleep @ Milano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eat and Sleep @ Milano

The second half of 2012 (in fact, the whole year) has been incredibly difficult to maneuver ... after finally completing a key project, it is only right to bring my wife for a short trip before the year end mad rush begin again ... destination this time: Milan ... a boring place so don't ask me why

CX flies daily to MXP ... being based in HK, a natural choice for us ... flight time today: 13 hours 31 mins

The SQTalk obligator leg room shot inspired by no other than the great SQflyergirl

Mine ..

My misses' across the aisle

My favourite CX signature drinks ... Cathay Delight ! sooooooo yummy

Menu for the "supper" (the flight departs after midnight) ... CX was running a French wine promotion and the featured wine for the flight was from Chateau Giscours

We opted to have the "supper" (the flight departs after midnight) together ... table setting:

Although technically a "supper" service ... it is really very substantial ...

bread basket

Starting with caviar and Balik Salmon

Next up ... salad for my lady ...

And double-boiled Chinese soup and Chinese appetiser for me ...

When the going gets tough, the tough go travelling ...

Main course for my lady .. some kind of meat which I forgot what was

My Chinese main-course ... cod fish and steam kailan ... always a safe bet on CX

Mixed berries as dessert for my lady .. and my comfort green bean soup ...

Pralines

Fresh orchid decorates the seat ... with mood lighting creating a very soothing ambience

View across my berth

The Shanghai Tang pjamas given to us today is blue in colour, I like it much better than the previous brown version ...

By the time we done with the "supper", we were overflying Taiyuan in central China with more than 10+ hours to go ...

The very attentive and attractive (shhhhh .. my wife is asleep) crew made my bed, and pampered me with soothing camomile tea with honey ... perfect way to end a day ...

good night ....

Comment

I must have slept for 7 hours straight ... the aroma of coffee awakes me

About 1.5 hours before arrival, I ordered breakfast ... starting with bread basket, berries smoothie and fruit plate ...

Cereal ... the milk container is very nice ...

Dim sum ...

view of snowy mountain

love to know where is this place ... any idea?

touching down at MXP soon ...

SQ flying off while we are taxing to the gate ...

Reflection ...

Comment

Working...
      X