SQ306 mini report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ306 mini report

So we have a new rotation to LHR - SQ306/5. Some thoughts on this morning's SQ306.

The flight departs at 01:10, this is really very late for those of us who are good boys and in bed by 10pm . Not a good humored flight, with an obviously tired and grumpy crew feeding obviously tired and very, very grumpy (self included) PAX.

Got bumped out of prefered seats on row 31 into 44 without explanation. Row 44 shouldn't be prefered seating. 44c in particular is a nightmare seat with a choice view of the bog and galley ahead, and the bassinets to the front and right. it also juts out into the aisle, meaning every passenger, cabin crew (yes - this means you obnoxious LS from the back galley ) and service cart will hit/walk into it, or stamp on your feet just as you've nodded off. I refer to my earlier paragraph regading the late hour to justify the ill humour with which I met this 'challenge'.

Good load in that the flight was full in Y, and looked pretty full in J too.

9V-SWO was looking tired inside. Generally grubby, carpets frayed etc, a bit reminiscent of the last few years of the 747s. I guess it's probably about four or five years old or so, so probably due a first heavy check.

I think SQ should consider re-timing the meal service. Do a light snack the instant the flight is airborne (or even do it in the gate). Most of the PAX will be either on Singapore time or east of it, therefore will not want to eat, but must maximise sleep before about six hours in which is natural wake up time. Do a main meal half way, and a light breakfast before landing. Don't attempt a farsical main meal service with tired crew and passengers at 3am that goes on for ever. Especially if that means banging into 44c every time passing by. (I swear they had a competition running to see who could get the most hits in, I think young new looking CSS with the drinks trolly won, it was only the one hit, but it was a keeper. At least she apologised ) That said, the fish curry dinner and noodle breakfast were very good.

Flight was on time, would have been twenty minutes early, but we went around from about 500' at LHR as a result of preceding traffic not clearing the runway. Kind of finished it off nicely really!

Sorry, that's a bit of a rant. It was not a pleasant flight, which may be my problem as I was very, very tired. I think 308 or 318 is the way to go for me.

The issue is exacerbated with the ETA at 0720, which leaves you reeling in jetlag for the whole day, even if you manage to get some sleep onboard.

Personally, my preferred flights are 306 and 308 to London and 319 and 321 from London, depending on whether I have dinner plans. Have to thank SQ for the numerous choice of flight times on this route.

Comment

Working...
    X