Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying With The 'kapitan'! (aka Kyo+'s Official Inaugural TG A380-800 SIN-BKK v2.0!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two? - Nope...

But THREE! - Yes, you heard it here first. 3 napkins. Folded.

Oh, and they have blue lighting in there which reminds me of LH's Foilet for some reason.

Blue Mirror - Okay then

Elements of LH to be seen, then.

Now seems a good time to juxtapose toilets between F and J. As you all know, toilets are something close to the hearts of me and Dent@SUB, but not so much MANFlyer (so he can skip this part)

Joilet Pic #1 - Has accents of gold that EK would be proud of

Joilet Pic #2 - Has a wood trim that SQ would be proud of

So we can conclude TG took the best elements out of three carriers and somehow lumped them together. I submit to you, that of all the Foilets, TG's is the most boring by far.

We'd had enough. Time to land as we were already over BKK by this point after prancing around from cabin to cabin.

Some miscellaneous shots:

Main IFE Homescreen - With animations as you move from option to option (touchscreen-enabled)

3-point Belt Harness - Really annoying and it takes the cabin crew forever to check if everyone's buckled in

Sorry for the last hasty shot that was a bit blurred.

In conclusion, there's nothing more to say, really. We landed, we disembarked and and had to fight our way through the massive crowd only to find TG J fast track had been removed in BKK. (it was still there 7 days prior!!)

Used the priority lane anyway and showed my J BP, and was let through by the immigration officer with a knowing glance.

Thanks for reading! I had fun and TG's 388 is THE most silent way to fly, for now. Smoothest, well... that's subjective

TR done!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post

Joilet Pic #2 - Has a wood trim that SQ would be proud of

I've seen many photographers do gymnastics trying to get that special shot, but this is a first! Well done!

Thanks for the TR!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post

I've seen many photographers do gymnastics trying to get that special shot, but this is a first! Well done!

Thanks for the TR!
        I took about 16 shots in the toilet. Man, that was hard (especially after a meal)... damn!

I go to great lengths for you guys, you know...

Comment

I took about 16 shots in the toilet. Man, that was hard (especially after a meal)... damn!

I go to great lengths for you guys, you know...
          Trust me, we feel the love!

Comment

Well, I will be on TG 409 in about 1 hours time...... got myself row 17, window seat.....
            This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
              Trust me, we feel the love!
              Haha, thanks thanks thanks... warm and fuzzy inside now...
              Originally posted by kapitan View Post
              I will add into the post once I got good internet connection somewhere around this world.....
              Still adding to this post?

Comment

Haha, thanks thanks thanks... warm and fuzzy inside now...

Still adding to this post?
                Well, I did not have good internet connection and time the last two weeks.
                Last edited by kapitan; 17 October 2012, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Most upscale Thai hospitality institutions have this folded napkin things. I once had a folded swan for bath towel in some hotel in Phuket

Comment

In TG409 now updating on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
                      Most upscale Thai hospitality institutions have this folded napkin things. I once had a folded swan for bath towel in some hotel in Phuket
                      But THREE? In one airplane bathroom?

Methinks they ran out of ideas about how to decorate the sparse toilet.

I'd have personally suggested a nice painting of the Bangkok skyline, much like the EK toilets. Or at least some Thai-inspired wallpaper to make you feel like a King/Queen when you're (literally) 'on the throne'.

Comment

We took off in a near-silent cabin. It was unbelievable. I actually took a video which I'll have to hunt down and upload to YouTube. Quite amazing to hear the difference in sound as soon as we lift off. (Plus, you get a bonus few seconds of seeing some commentary between me and kapitan). Will upload that later.
                        This video is now available:

CLICK "I AGREE" TO WATCH THE VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
                        No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                        I AGREE

Comment

Working...
                        X