Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Food Galore Over SYD, with GA as the Highlight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yaaakkkk..... Touched down.....

That's CGK T3 in the distance...

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Soekarno Hatta International Airport of Jakarta...

This time the plane was parked at main terminal with an aerobridge...

The FAs said good bye to all pax at the door and thanked them for flying with Garuda...

Welcome to the chaotic CGK...

The line on the immigration was horrible... so loooooongggg....
    Luckily they have cleared the immigration onboard...

They went through an empty side line, and gave the clearance card to the officer there.... and there they go... direct to the luggage claim area...

And then another chaos...
    Luggage claim area chaos...
    Actually GA provided a special service for their premium pax...
    Luggage concierge...

The concept was good...
    But the implementation was not that good... It's undermanned.
    Quite a chaos there...

Economy pax's luggage came first than the J pax..
    And J pax must wait at the counter, even though they saw their luggage have been on the belt, because the luggage's tag already at the staffs' hands... And there's not enough staff to cater all the J pax...
    They couldn't just take the luggage, because there were an inspection on the exit gate to match between the luggage and the luggage tag...

The regular J pax that often flew to CGK knew it... they didn't give the tag to the officer there. They just waited at the belt...
    It's quicker for them to retrieve their luggage...

After waited more than 30 minutes, finally this "kampung guy" got his luggage...

Through special line, with its own security and custom check for transfer pax, they went upstairs to check in to their last destination, SUB...

Comment

• The check in process was fast... they only need to drop off their luggage and re-tagged them to SUB, because they already had the CGK-SUB boarding pass from Sydney.
      All the luggage was tagged with business class label, even though one of them on Y class...

This blue BP was came from SYD. Ex CGK issued BP only a plain white BP...

After that, they went airside...
      This time this "kampung guy" let his two nephews enjoyed all the business class facilities, and he himself went to the one of national bank's lounge, next to the GA lounge, using one of his credit card perk...

Here are the lounge views...

Comment

• Some nice apron and runway views from the lounge...

Comment

• Ahhh... Those PK-GPL which departed earlier from SYD has just arrived from DPS...

One rare sight of GA old livery...

SQ has just arrived from SIN when EK was ready to depart...

Comment

• Now it's time to go to the gate...
            He text-ed his nephews to leave the GA lounge...
            And they went together to the gate...
            It's almost boarding time...

The cabin crews also already ready at the gate, waiting for the plane...
            Hmmm.... it looked like the flight would be late again...

Finally, it's boarding time...

He gave his seat for his nephew, and went to seat 5C...

Finally he settled down at 5C, with ala Grand Dame SQFlyergirl pose...

Now the time was almost 7pm when he has settled down at his seat... and the boarding still just begun...

The nephews settled down at row 1...

Comment

• It's already 7:22pm, and the door still not been closed yet...
              And the FAs were still preparing the cabin...

Boeing sky interior signature ceiling...

Finally the plane was ready to pushback...
              While the safety demo was played, the blue mood lighting was turned on nicely...

It's 7:35 when the safety demo was finished, and the cabin light was darkened... 30 minutes late from scheduled...

Nothing much to say about this flight, except it's a nice flight...
              The FAs quite attentive...

For this 1 hour 5 minute hop, GA only provided snack box, with a bread and a bottled water inside....

Beside of this snack box, FAs still provided non alcoholic bar service...
              And this "kampung guy" asked for apple juice...

The plane finally landed smoothly at SUB...
              The FAs said good bye to each pax when they left the aircraft, and said thank you for flying GA...

When they reached the luggage claim area, the hall was empty...

But they waited there just for minutes, then the business class pax's luggage came on the luggage belt...

With their luggage in hand, their journey ended here....

Hope all of you enjoy this "kampung guy" story....

See you on another "kampung guy" story....

FIN

Comment

• Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                When he came back to his seat, the "Kopi Tubruk" has albeady on his table along with a Ferrero Rocher Chocolate...

OK... lets we talk about this "Kopi Tubruk"..

Kopi Tubruk is an Indonesian-style coffee where coarse coffee grounds are boiled along with solid sugar (a lot of it), resulting in a thick, mud like (light thin mud) concoction...
                To drink it, the coffee need to be left for a while, until thick coffee coarse powder settled to the bottom, and left the dark, sweet light concoction in the upper part.
                Kopi tubruk literally means “collision coffee”. The concoction can be found in many parts of Indonesia, particularly in Java and Bali. Kopi tubruk is the simplest recipe for preparing coffee. To make a cup, one needs to add two teaspoons of ground coffee and sugar according to one’s taste.
                Next, pour in boiling water, and let it “cook” the coffee for a while until most of the grounds have settled to the bottom.
                The key to proper kopi tubruk is in the water. Hot water from water dispensers is often not hot enough to cook the coffee grounds. Uncooked grounds will remain floating on the surface.
                And the GA's FA made a damn good one...
                I have never had "kopi Tubruk" before and thanks for the lesson on how to drink it.

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post

Even though the bed only angle lay flat, but somehow this bed felt more comfortable than the flat bed on the inbound flight...
                This is actually claimed as flat bed as well with 74 inch seat pitch. The ones installed on its older A333s are the angled lie flat with only 54 inch pitch.

And another FA came with wines basket, offering the pax the wines they had on board...
                This "kampung guy" asked for the chardonnay to accompany his meal...

Food portion is definitely much bigger now but the presentation still needs to be improved. I have heard the roll out of the individual plating of main course has been successful for the HKG flight so it should soon be rolled out to all medium to long haul destinations.

Also, GA has made one more change to its glassware. There is a new water tumbler now which is shorter and wider but quite nice.

Comment

• Nice Dent@SUB
                  May I know the registration of the aircraft that took you from CGK to SUB? I realized that the executive class seatback was slightly different than some other GA 738? I ever saw something like this:

Comment

• He gave his seat for his nephew, and went to seat 5C...
                    I just realised that GA 738 Y Class is using the Airbelt (at least in the bulkhead seats), but actually is that really necessary?

Overall, great TR, and yeah i'd rather fly with PK GPM/N/O than PK GPJ/K/L/I

Comment

• Nice trip report! Thanks!

hmm.. they didn't serve cup noodles in a porcelain like wat SQ does in J?

The line on the immigration was horrible... so loooooongggg....
                      Luckily they have cleared the immigration onboard...

They went through an empty side line, and gave the clearance card to the officer there.... and there they go... direct to the luggage claim area...
                      I wonder what are the measures to close any loophole here.

If I wish to smuggle someone who is barred from entering Indonesia, I could pass the clearance card to the person so he may enter Indonesia, and I just need to pass through Immigration again at the Airport.

Are there any checks again at CGK for those who hold the clearance card, to determine if the person is holding the clearance card legitimately?

Comment

The "other" Singapore Airlines I read about in Airways.

Has significant Singaporean investors.

Maintains air services to Australian outback.

There's no replacement to the SAAB 340s they operate in the horizon

Loving your TR

Comment

Look at those SQFlyergirl's fav, EK B77W... Was our Grand Dame SQFlyergirl onboard that plane sitting at 2A??
                          2A? 52A maybe. 2A is blast-off's regular seat la.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                          You're in BIG trouble. 1st you don't pay her royalties now you call her 'old'....
                          Hahaha.... not "old"... just "Grand"....
                          Nice recovery. The engines on that thing were already stopped in a death dive and he managed to get them re-lit at 500' agl with that remark

Comment

• Originally posted by egondo View Post
                            Nice Dent@SUB
                            May I know the registration of the aircraft that took you from CGK to SUB? I realized that the executive class seatback was slightly different than some other GA 738? I ever saw something like this:
                            All the C seats on PK-GF* do not have the seatback storage bin.
                            Last edited by UMD; 6 August 2012, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Nice TR, Dent@SUB.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMD View Post
                                All the C seats on PK-GF* do not have the seatback storage bin.
                                I don't think so, as the shot was taken at PK-GFC...
                                GMC also have the same thing though...

Comment

Working...
                                X