Inaugural trip report: SQ A380 SIN-FRA-JFK, Jetblue JFK-ORD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inaugural trip report: SQ A380 SIN-FRA-JFK, Jetblue JFK-ORD

This is my first trip report, of my first SQ inaugural! I've decided to share with SQTalk photos of my journey from Singapore to Chicago, and this will be done in parts as I do not have time to do it all at once.

Many months ago, when I needed to travel to Chicago, I decided to fly via JFK for a change. Between the very last 747-400 Megatop SIN-FRA-JFK and the A380 inaugural, I chose the latter for 2 reasons: 1) there would probably be more fanfare for the inaugural than the last 744 on this route, and 2) I wanted to spend 1 more day in Singapore. Thus, inaugural A380 SIN-FRA-JFK it was, connecting to Jetblue for JFK-ORD. Some of you might have remembered that I had posted in the US airport guide thread asking about this. I chose Jetblue as it does not involve an airport change and I could not afford to spend a night in NYC.

SQ 26
    A380-800
    9V-SKK
    SIN-FRA-JFK
    15/01/12

Check-in

Luggage was tagged through to ORD, although check-in for my Jetblue flight was not possible at SIN.

Christmas/Chinese New Year topiary/decoration

Airside
    This might have operated the 2nd last 747-400 service from JFK and FRA.

Notice the flight with the gate open especially early? That's my flight

Pre-boarding reception
    Singapore Girl with SIN-FRA-JFK publicity poster

The spread

There were finger sandwiches, siew mai, fruits, cakes and a German meatball (which I cannot remember the name for)

My ride, 9V-SKK

Views from 2nd level of the gatehold room

SIN-FRA-JFK publicity poster

SQ's current and previous flagship aircraft

Hopefully, I'd get to board via the first gangway one day...

End of part 1 of my trip report.

Comment

Thanks for the TR so far Jumbojet Lover, but disappointed with such a nickname that you decided to opt for the inaugural 388 over the 744's swansong on SQ26!

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Nice to have a record of a historic event

Comment

Nice! Tempting me to do a short TR on SQ25.

Comment

Working...
          X