EWR-ORY on Open Skies 757 Biz Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EWR-ORY on Open Skies 757 Biz Seat

Here's a short photo TR on my recent EWR-ORY sector on Open Skies.

For those who don't know, Open Skies is a French-based subsidiary of BA serving ORY-Newark (and -Washington DC) using 757s fitted with flat bed J (sold as J) and old-gen recliner J seats (sold as Prem Y).

Given the price I paid (combined with other sectors, effectively the prevailing Y fare), it was excellent value. Seat, food, service, check-in and overall experience were all perfectly fine, and I even earned 140 BA TPs to boot (equivalent to J class).

[BTW, IFE - which I forgot to take a pic of - is with iPads loaded with a good selection of latest releases.]

Check-in at EWR:

Entrance to 9W lounge:

My exit row seat (more legroom than SQ regional F! ):

Amenity kit:

Cabin:

Decent meal with acceptable wines:

Bus gate arrival at ORY:
    Last edited by milehighj; 3 January 2012, 10:42 AM.

Thanks for sharing. Were you in J or Y+? Seats look like Y+

Comment

milehighj, presume those seats are PY. Any pics of the J class? Thanks.

Comment

Carbon Man - those seats aren't quite Premium Y.

Openskies sells two classes - Biz Bed and Biz Seat. Both of which are arguably business.

MilehighJ - thanks for sharing

Comment

Always wondered how that airline is like. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            Carbon Man - those seats aren't quite Premium Y.

Openskies sells two classes - Biz Bed and Biz Seat. Both of which are arguably business.

MilehighJ - thanks for sharing
            Thanks for clarifying, SQflyergirl.

Comment

Yes, to clarify, I was in a Biz Seat, which is priced competitively with Y/Y+, but is in effect closer to J in what you get. Great value indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                milehighj, presume those seats are PY. Any pics of the J class? Thanks.
                This might help:

source: http://www.upgradetravelbetter.com/category/open-skies/

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                  Yes, to clarify, I was in a Biz Seat, which is priced competitively with Y/Y+, but is in effect closer to J in what you get. Great value indeed.
                  I just went to the site to check prices. IMHO, it is good value if you can get Biz Seat Value tickets and if you book some time ahead.

For instance if I choose next week, the return EWR-OLY is US$2962 for the Value ticket but US$6,639 for the Biz Bed. In comparison (a very bad one, I agree), SQ's J SIN-LHR for the same dates (a longer flight) is S$8226 (US$6,426 approx using 1.28 conversion). I used the comparison because they both have the lie flat beds.

Doing a better comparison with AF, it does seem much cheaper between the city-pairs!!

Comment

Nice. Thanks for sharing.

Tried BA's New Club World (=Biz Bed on Open Skies? ) once and find seat too narrow.

Also don't like facing backwards.

Comment

Working...
                    X