Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SilverChris visits the US! (And nearly gets turned away)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SilverChris visits the US! (And nearly gets turned away)

"Mr SilverChris, are you for real?"

Those six words confirmed that I was indeed in the US..

And they also mark the start of this SilverChris TR! I'll post the report bit by bit, so do bear with me! If Oslo pops up in your mind, fear not

The journey covers Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Amsterdam, New York, Idaho, Martha's Vineyard and Sun Valley.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by SilverChris; 26 August 2011, 04:04 PM.

Part 1 - To The Big Apple!

Planning for this trip started a week after I received a call from an old friend of mine, who is living in the US. It's been a decade since we met, and we were eager to meet. He offered to take to a few US cities in his *very own jet*. How could I refuse?

The journey west includes MI, SQ and KL, though I have very few pics of those. More pics of the US.

Passport - check. US Visa - check. Yellow Shirts for saturdays - check. To the airport!

Where it all begins

The lack of aircraft movements in KUL (at least, non-LCCT) never fails to remind me of this 13-year old airport

It was MI335 to SIN, then connecting to SQ324 to AMS where I board KL641 for the Trans-Atlantic sector to JFK. Why did I choose to fly different airlines? Well, for one, I had some FlyingBlue miles sitting around, and I figured this is a good chance to experience the old SQ Y, as its days are numbered.

Connecting in SIN

Onboard 9V-SVK (I believe)

Goodbye Changi (Sorry for the quality)

I fell asleep shortly after takeoff, and only woke up moments before touchdown.

Welkom bij Amsterdam

The A330-200 which will fly me to JFK
    Last edited by SilverChris; 27 August 2011, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Oh dear. The last time I was asked something like this was a few years ago at EWR. The immigration guy said: "Are you for real? Your passport is from <country 1>, your name sounds like its from <country 2> but you look like you're from <country 3>." Ignorant sod.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
        Ignorant sod.
        It's people like this that a good american joke makes.

Comment

Working...
        X