Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Budget vs Business to Boracay (TR, 5J, 2P, SQ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cocktails and Spirits

Coffees and Teas. The selection is mind boggling!

Of course, juices and soft drinks (similar to economy) are also available.

Now for the food menu! Light meal would be served on this flight.

The crew then came around with post-takeoff drinks and a packet of nuts. I had ordered a Silver Kris Sling earlier on. Choices of main meals were also taken.

More champagne!

I made a quick visit to the lavatory. Similar to economy, just better L'occitan amenities.

Cruising

Meal service starts! Firstly the meal tray with starter was handed out.

Hot smoked salmon with pear slaw
    Oven smoked salmon served with pear coleslaw, mixed salad, salmon roes and lemon
    It was not bad!

A selection of bread was offered. I had the garlic bread and a soft roll.

After the starter was cleared, crew handed out main courses from the galley.

Rellenong manok
    Filipino style chicken stuffed with pork, sauteed green beans, carrots and steamed rice
    I had this dish. It was good. Presentation was also great.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Seared pork fillet and confit pork belly, apple chutney, savoy cabbage, fondant potato
      Exclusively created by Gordon Ramsay, London
      I also tried some of my friend's pork. It was delicious! But the pork belly may not appeal to some.

New York Cheesecake (It was a bit rich for my liking though)

To round off the meal, I had a Colombian Supremo coffee.

Crew clearing the meals.

We flew into some rough weather, but the turbulence was not too bad.

After the heavy "light" meal, I just relaxed in my seat. Even though the seat is a regional business class seat, it was still rather comfortable with great legroom and descent recline (maybe i was too used to economy). I am sure the new business class seats would be much better! However inflight entertainment was crap on this non AVOD equipped aircraft. Screen quality was fuzzy and choices of films limited. Even the audio channel I wanted to listen to was not working! So I just switched on the flight map for entertainment.

Also had a TWG Singapore Breakfast Tea with honey.

All too soon, the flight came to an end as we started our descend into Singapore.

Approaching Bintan. The crew handed out bottles of water to each passenger and secured the cabin for landing.

We flew around in circles as it was arrival peak at Changi. Sunset over Indonesian islands.

Final approach into Changi Rwy02L.

Landing into Changi. QF A380 landed just before us!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G6_SUCClrU

Touched down about 10min late. After landing, we had a long taxi to Terminal 2 Gate F37.

It was a good experience on SQ Business Class. As I am mainly an economy flyer, I could not compare to any previous biz experience, but it is definitely better than any economy flight! Hopefully I can get the chance to fly on business class again in the near future, be it SQ or any other airline!

Any comments are most welcomed!

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
        Now for the food menu! Light meal would be served on this flight.
        Thank you for the TR, some great pics and videos there. Makes me want to visit the Philippines one day.

I am rather concerned that SQ is serving Parrotfish (if I'm not wrong, this is the brightly-coloured reef fish, isn't it?) on their menu. I've never eaten this variety of fish, but I do wonder if it's an exotic/rare/endangered animal?

I'll admit it's definitely a bit different seeing this after many instances of the usual salmon, cod or seabass on the SQ menu...

(also from a quick Google: 'Parrot fish edible', it seems these are more commonly fried, not braised?!)

Comment

Thanks for sharing ycp81. Never been in Boracay so this is my intro.

kyo, according to NatGeo on consumption of parrot fish:
          Their meat is rarely consumed in the United States, but is a delicacy in many other parts of the world. In Polynesia, it is served raw and was once considered "royal food," only eaten by the king.
          http://animals.nationalgeographic.co...rrot-fish.html

Comment

Good catch Kyo! I didn't realize that SQ was serving parrot fish either.

At least we know someone reads the details of trip reports.

Comment

i remember my trip to boracay in 2007, the return leg on air Philippines, yes, they weight each pax. but on the manila calibo trip, on sea air, no weighting

btw, the ptv on B777 biz class seems like A333 ptv on the emergency row
              visit my blog

Comment

Thanks for sharing with us this wonderful place!

Comment

I have been to Manila many times, in fact going next month again, but never had a chance to visit Boracay..... just waiting for that to happen.... as for the Manila SQ lounge, I rather wait at the gate then to be sitting in that hole...
                  This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                    I have been to Manila many times, in fact going next month again, but never had a chance to visit Boracay..... just waiting for that to happen.... as for the Manila SQ lounge, I rather wait at the gate then to be sitting in that hole...
                    Make a side-trip next time to Boracay! Well, waiting in the SQ lounge still beats sitting with a full economy load of pax at the gate. The seating at the gate is not even enough for all pax!

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by calvinoeh View Post
                      Good catch Kyo! I didn't realize that SQ was serving parrot fish either.

At least we know someone reads the details of trip reports.
                      Cos it's the menu...

Comment

Well, SQTalk does happen to have a sub-forum devoted to the food, and it is an integral component of the inflight experience. (Rearranged to make more sense: It even says so on SQ's old website.)

Nothing wrong with paying attention to what's on offer. In fact, many would say the new trend in food is to know where your food comes from, and how it got onto your plate, and if it's sustainable or not.

I found parrot fish very unorthodox and it would probably have bothered me quite a bit had I been presented with such an option as I'd probably have imagined this to be an endangered species (as it turns out, it's only 'vulnerable', which is still not great, imo).

Just checked: Even the new website has that section working perfectly
                        Last edited by Kyo; 24 May 2011, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Don't be mad. Was kidding. You do have a rep for being a foodie.

Comment

No problem sabian, no one's going mad here. I know that to some, airline food is crucially important to more than just me on these forums, so I don't stand alone!

Comment

Just got a chance to read your TR, and it's wonderful!
                              I can't believe I flew the same old bird to SIN a month later.
                              I like the pics of SQ Business Class, reminds me of my first ever regional C experience with SQ on CGK-SIN!

The menu I had on my first SQ C flight was not as nice as yours though. It was just a blue piece of paper! However, the food was delicious!
                              Such a gentle way about you / All around the world / Wouldn't go away without you / Singapore Girl, you're a great way to fly

Comment

Working...
                              X