Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cathay Pacific HKG-TPE and Return Economy Class Part 1

Hong Kong-Taipei Trip report
    For this Easter holiday, my parents decided that we would go to Taiwan for a full body check up.

Firstly for our outbound sector, it was an regional A330-300 aircraft that would take us to Taipei. However, 10 days before departure it changed to a Long haul Boeing 777-300ER (Thumbs up). So then I was even looking forward to be on board.

We then checked in at the business/Marco Polo counters. Then lady then printed our boarding passes and checked our luggage's in. Then she rang the ticketing centre for some reason. Then she told us that since the flight was full, she would upgrade 2 of our travelling companions to business class. So then my brother and my mom went for this.

My boarding pass:

After checking in, I went into the Wing for some food. The wonton noodles are one of the best in the lounge. I had 2 bowls of Wonton noodles because it was just way too good.

After having some food in the lounge, I proceeded to Gate 32. SUPRISE!!! ITS B-KPF!! This would be my second time travelling on B-KPF now. At 1600hrs, boarding commenced. The ground agent would say the normal things like "Cathay Pacific Airways flight CX400 is ready for boarding. We would first like to invite people who need special assistance to board and First, Business and Marco Polo members to board first. Then Economy Class passengers shall be boarding by row numbers".

Our Plane: B-KPF

Very lucky of you to get B-KPF on this short hop! Hope to see more of your trip report!!

Comment

Part 2

Flight Details:
      Date: 21/4/2011
      Flight Number: CX400
      A/C Reg: B-KPF
      Flight time: 1h17m
      Gate: 32
      Runway: 07R
      Fuel Loaded: 19.8T
      Passengers Onboard: 298
      Crew: 17
      Cruising Altitude: FL330

At 1625, Push back commenced. Then the safety demonstration started as well. Then finally, I hear the Big GE90 engines start up. I just love the sound of the engine start up of the GE90. Then we taxied to runway 07R. The captain and the ISM then made an announcement and welcomed us on board this flight and told us that the flight time will be 1hrs and 17 mins.

Safety demo:

Push Back:

Some Photos during taxi:

At around 1640, we took off Runway 07R. Few minutes after take off, the FA's had to start their service immediately because this flight is relatively short.

Airborne:

The FA's came around with food. As I have read other trip reports on CX's HKG-TPE route, they only serve sandwiches. This time, I got a beef pie. It tasted very powdery so it wasn't very good.

The flight was actually really short. There wasn't any sufficient time to watch anything, because around 15 mins before landing, the FA's would go around collecting your headsets in order to prepare for landing. I noticed that B-KPF is starting to see some wear and tear.

The seat's fabric are starting to get messy and so are the remotes, the buttons on the remote are starting to wear away.

At around 1730 we commenced our descent into Taipei Taoyuan Airport. At 1800 we touched down at Taipei and at 1810, we arrived at Gate B8.

Descending into Taipei

My final comments

Every single crew on this flight went the extra mile and made my experience on this flight really good especially the ISM, one of the Senior Pursers and one of the Flight pursers. They were all very motivated, nice and cheerful. I really want to thank them all for doing such a great job and I really hope I will meet that bunch of crew again one day on a flight to somewhere.

Baggage Claim:

Baggage tag:

Comment

Working...
      X