X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
    I run at McRitchie. You and anyone here can feel free to join me
    A lot nicer there after the revamp.
    I am trying to fast walk more now than in the past. When you are a certain age, I prefer to protect my knees. But it will take another 1 hr for the 11 km circuit and you feel less hurried. It enabled me to see more nature and once caught sight of a flying lemur. Waiting for ikarus2006 to let us know his plans.

Comment

• Wah! After successfully organizing the first SQT BBQ , LionCity is organizing the first SQT Run.

This I definitely would not participate. I hate running but I don't mind being a marshal.

Comment

Thanks for organising, LionCity and to everyone involved in organising it. Was an awesome party

And that cheesecake is just amazing! Definitely gonna head down to Allan Bake's sometime

Soarbeyond: Never expected you'd be from my alma mater. And that you just graduated from it! haha.. Small world

Tsk!Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't like my life being made "public"

Ooooh a Run?
        11km???
        All the times I've been there, i never knew an 11km track existed!

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
          Wah! After successfully organizing the first SQT BBQ , LionCity is organizing the first SQT Run.

This I definitely would not participate. I hate running but I don't mind being a marshal.
          Er...some corrections:

1. Firstly, a trek not a run. DOM liked me cannot run.

2. Secondly, I awaiting our esteemed Ikarus2006 to do the organizing.

However, if you are coming we should have breakfast in Toa Payoh.

Comment

• LionCity, I don't mind organizing it but you have to bare with me for few days till I sort out some high priority issues.

Yes, it would probably be a walk to enable everybody to join. I do think we should anyway start at around 0730 max 0800 as the first time I did it from 1100 and it was way too hot. Last time I started at 0745 and arrived at the exit again at 1230, with a good break in between after 60% of the track.
            We could actually rent kayaks too (I saw a team training there but I don't yet know if rental is available) as alternative (less stress on knees).
            I am willing to prepare something to restore the energies of the fellow walkers, in shape of a dessert (Kyo you know what I refer to...).

Comment

• soarbeyond: oops.. Gomen ne! Editted.

Lioncity: Ah yes, its not good to run too much on hard grounds actually and running on uneven terrains like there can be bad for those with ankle injuries.

A walk would be great

Comment

• Originally posted by Ikarus2006 View Post
                LionCity, I don't mind organizing it but you have to bare with me for few days till I sort out some high priority issues.

Yes, it would probably be a walk to enable everybody to join. I do think we should anyway start at around 0730 max 0800 as the first time I did it from 1100 and it was way too hot. Last time I started at 0745 and arrived at the exit again at 1230, with a good break in between after 60% of the track.
                We could actually rent kayaks too (I saw a team training there but I don't yet know if rental is available) as alternative (less stress on knees).
                I am willing to prepare something to restore the energies of the fellow walkers, in shape of a dessert (Kyo you know what I refer to...).
                Dear Ikarus2006, Thanks for the willingness to go the extra lap to keep SQTalkers on the right side of Health. I will be the first to sign up although the end of the 2nd week of Sep will be difficult.

Some suggestions with flexibility:

1. Could we start between 6.30 am to 7.30 am? That way we into consideration of completing earlier so that the wives are happier and the sun is more reasonable.

2. After that we could head for a place with local breakfast. (If phaleesy is around, we will go for the Singapore No.1 Fried Carrot Cake)

Let me know a suitable date and worse come to worse, it you, concept and me getting to know more about Birds in Singapore. I see folks doing Birdwatching in that area.
                Last edited by LionCity; 17 August 2010, 10:37 PM.

Comment

soarbeyond: oops.. Gomen ne! Editted.
                  Yi yo Yi yo

Comment

• Thanks for the kind offer, LionCity. Unfortunately I don't think I'd be in Singapore anytime soon.

I really admire those birdwatchers. I don't know how they could identify the birds because they all look the same to me! So much patience too to sit for hours waiting for their birds to turn up. That was nice to see a flying lemur. There should be monkeys too but I have not seen any.

Comment

• oh whoa, what have i been missing used to run at MacRitchie every weekend, sometimes 4.8k and at times 11k. i wld love to join you guys, but i'm having difficulty finding the time to do 5k. have fun tho, and wld love to know the timings

Comment

• As promised, here's the pictures of the "legendary" cheese cake:

And "the cake with Mr. Kyo+"

(btw Kyo+, what's the meaning of no. 7 you made, special sign for something or someone?? )

Other pictures will be available by request only...

Comment

• It might have been the inaugural SQTalk BBQ, but it's still LD#7!

Comment

• I thought it was a signal to a KUL-based SQT celebrity: 'That's seven, count 'em seven, times I've invited you, and yet again ... ???'

‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                              I thought it was a signal to a KUL-based SQT celebrity: 'That's seven, count 'em seven, times I've invited you, and yet again ... ???'

CLASSIC!
                              HUGE AL

Comment

• Thanks for posting the Pictures Dent@SUB.

The friendly chef, Allan Teoh of Allanbakes gave a substantial discount so I decided that I ought to put in a partial sponsor message (as a small gesture of Thanks) and also since so many of you enjoyed the cheese cake (sorry jammed, you left too early to savour the cake ). You can get his cheese cake or other baking products with details from the following link: http://www.allanbakes.com/index.php. .

I declare that I am no shareholder and gain no commission from his sales of cheesecake to SQT. .Maybe I should ask him to give a discount of the soon to be launched SQTalk Privilege card holders. .
                                Last edited by LionCity; 19 August 2010, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X