Guys, want something from SUB??
    So, how is our guess list now?

Comment

Darn! I'll be in Kuala Lumpur for the Global MUN conference

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
        Some Dom Perignon or a nice Bordeaux would be lovely, thank you! Should go well with BBQ!

LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Some Dom Perignon or a nice Bordeaux would be lovely, thank you! Should go well with BBQ!

LOL!
          But unfortunately DP and other Bordeaux things are not from SUB...

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
            Can't make it this time as I will be in Wales for a wedding on the same day...
            Ooh congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              Ooh congratulations!
              Hahaha.... Not mine unfortunately (or is it fortunately ) but I am the bestman for some strange reason... Fisrt time experiencing an English wedding and have no idea on what to expect!
              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Hahaha.... Not mine unfortunately (or is it fortunately ) but I am the bestman for some strange reason... Fisrt time experiencing an English wedding and have no idea on what to expect!
                The BBQ is probably better than an English wedding in my humble opinion but stand to be corrected.

I am not much an alcohol drinker....perhaps those who wants to drink please BOYB might be easier. I will take care of the non-alcoholic drinks.

Comment

LionCity, I totally agree but alas there is work to be done in Wales!

Here's to cheers and beers!
                  God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
                    The guest list is growing slowly. At the moment we have the following:

SMK77
                    MSPEconomist
                    MeYou
                    kyo
                    2 Mystery Guests
                    concept

Maybe:

SQFG
                    kapitan

Extremely Unlikely but plausible:

jjpb3 (Sorry...brought a lottery ticket and if I strike the first prize will send a suite ticket on SQ for you come over a Friday morning and return on Sunday morning all in their respective local times and also sorry for not asking you first! But forgiveness is easier than permission so they said)

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                      Extremely Unlikely but plausible:

jjpb3 (Sorry...brought a lottery ticket and if I strike the first prize will send a suite ticket on SQ for you come over a Friday morning and return on Sunday morning all in their respective local times and also sorry for not asking you first! But forgiveness is easier than permission so they said)
                      Awww, thank you for thinking of me in the face of such potential wealth. How can I not forgive?

I'll keep my fingers crossed for the only way the trip for me can be plausible.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Can't make it this time as I will be in Wales for a wedding on the same day... You guys have fun!
                        Fisrt time experiencing an English weddingand have no idea on what to expect!
                        As someone who has spent many a happy time down in South Wales, who has lived with a girl from there for years and who has some of my very best mates down there, all I will say is be careful which Welsh people you tell you are at an English Wedding when in Wales. It's the sort of mistake you only tend to make once..

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          As someone who has spent many a happy time down in South Wales, who has lived with a girl from there for years and who has some of my very best mates down there, all I will say is be careful which Welsh people you tell you are at an English Wedding when in Wales. It's the sort of mistake you only tend to make once..
                          Arr yes, how quickly I forget! Made that mistake once in Aberdeen when I commented to a cab driver how nice it was to hear someone speak ENGLISH again (this was after my first month in Norway). "It's bl**dy SCOTTISH!", he snapped back. Mind you it was a really, really long drive to Montrose that afternoon and I never made that mistake again in Scotland!

It will be interesting though as the groom is half English (London) and half Norwegian while the bride is originally from Bath IIRC (her family moved to Carmarthen a couple of years ago). So yup it will be an English wedding in Wales!

Hope I survive... Wish me luck...

Comment

Arr yes, how quickly I forget! Made that mistake once in Aberdeen when I commented to a cab driver how nice it was to hear someone speak ENGLISH again (this was after my first month in Norway). "It's bl**dy SCOTTISH!", he snapped back.
                            In fairness the Welsh are nowhere near as bitter as the Scots so it's a much more serious mistake to make up there.

Comment

Hope I survive... Wish me luck...
                              No need to get into a panic when you're not the bride or the groom!

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                                No need to get into a panic when you're not the bride or the groom!
                                That part does not worry me, it's the controlling-my-mouth-hoping-not-to-insult-the-Welsh-by-calling-them-English bit that I am thinking about!

Comment

Working...
                                X