OMG! If this happens then.......OMG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG! If this happens then.......OMG!

The FAA is initiating a project to study whether it will ban peanut from flights.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100611/...nuts_on_planes

With all due respect to those who are allergic to peanut, I personally think it is silly and way way over reacting. If this really happens, then we have to say good bye to the the peanut sauced based satays being served on board SQ and MH flights to the US.

The problem is when is this going to end. What will be next to be banned?

If the humble peanut is set to get the chop, surely we'll all be eating gluten free soon enough...

Comment

Could prove to be tough on Southwest Airlines...

Comment

Originally posted by gcash View Post
        peanuts are nice!

unless they cost 500 dollars per pack!
        Not to someone who's allergic to them. I have a friend who's that allergic and really its no laughing matter.

Comment

well, just did a quick weekend DXB-SIN rtn over the weekend past and guess what, no more peanuts on Y class after take off for the pre-meal drinks.

So cost cutting in the guise of eliminating the risk of pax having peanut alergy and all the consequence of getting sued?
          there's nothing more rewarding than flying for free, is there??

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
            Not to someone who's allergic to them. I have a friend who's that allergic and really its no laughing matter.
            post deleted
            Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Every commercial aircraft has Epinephrine and Diphenhydramine in their first aid kits.

I'm no medical student but if I recall correctly, Epinephrine is a form of adrenaline and when administered, increases the heart rate, and dilates the air passage for situations typical to nut allergy reactions.

So I think this banning of nuts altogether is an over-reaction, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Global Nomad View Post
                well, just did a quick weekend DXB-SIN rtn over the weekend past and guess what, no more peanuts on Y class after take off for the pre-meal drinks.
                I was served peanuts both on SIN-LHR and AMS-SIN.

Was beginning to feel like a monkey thereafter. I personally do not like peanuts, and the smell of peanuts being chomped on in the cabin makes me sick

Comment

Working...
                X