Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking Seats on Flights

Hi All

I am looking to head back to the UK for Xmas this year, unfortunatly I am going to be flying Y, however having experienced the EmEx seats last time round on the A380 upper deck I am keen to get them again as I am 6'4 tall.

The Flights are available, however I dont know if the premium seats are still available, is there anyway to find out.

17/12/10
    SQ222 Economy Class (B777-300ER)
    Sydney (SYD) 16:40 Singapore (SIN) 21:40

SQ322 Economy Class (A380-800)
    Singapore (SIN) 23:45 London (LHR) 05:45 (18 Dec)

Returning On:

03/01/11
    SQ321 Economy Class (A380-800)
    London (LHR) 22:05 Singapore (SIN) 18:45 (04 Jan)

04/01/11
    SQ221 Economy Class (A380-800)
    Singapore (SIN) 20:40 Sydney (SYD) 07:35 (05 Jan)

Its not a deal breaker for me, but I cant afford the $11k they are currently asking for J class and would like the extra legroom, ideally on the top deck in Y.

What about looking at thai, turkish or another *A partner for J? Will mean a stop over probably but what with SQs pricing getting higher by the second at the moment worth a look.

Comment

Yeah was considering it, however there are a couple of reasons for considering SQ, the main being as I have the Westpac FK card and get double points by booking SQ.

Comment

I would suggest that booking that far out you will likely NOT have any trouble getting an exit row....

I just booked this week for August SYD-SIN on the 380 and when I got to the "select seats" page ALL the Premium seats were still available....

I suspect many folks simply won't pay the extra...???

BUT - I don't know of any way to see the availablity BEFORE reaching that point in an actual booking....

Comment

Just to update this, I managed to get preferred seating on all my legs of my flight.

I ended up flying on 21st december and back on 7th Jan.

Comment

Working...
          X