DO:Oslo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
    Sorry to hear that... If you need medical help (as a foreigner), ask for a cab and head to Oslo Legevakten (http://www.legevakten.oslo.kommune.n...information_2/ - The Emergency Medical Agency) which is kind of like an A&E centre.

Address: Storgata 40, Oslo (about 2-3km from Karl Johan's Gate)
    Tel: 22 93 22 93
    I'm alright - just taking it easy and I'll be okay tomorrow. Keeping myself hydrated with overpriced water and coke

Originally posted by jhm View Post
    Sorry to hear about your stomach upset! Sometimes, the feeling you describe above may be your body's way of telilng you that you should really let go - ideally over a toilet rather than a sink to avoid the need to later fish things out as I needed to do in KUL.

Before you get any ideas - no, not the very nice little designer boutique I stayed in but the big chain hotel by the KLCC!
    That brings back imagery i thought I'd permanently deleted from my memory banks

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Yeah, one of the attendees just came by a few minutes ago. He checked up on me and is now headed out for the event whilst I'm busy trying to hold down lunch and breakfast. :o urgh
      Really sorry to hear that you're not well - is it something you ate? Or perhaps the shock from the sheer scale of the Do surprised your stomach?

Better watch out for CC spending limits if you have to buy too many bottles of water and Coke in Oslo

Hope you feel better soon!!

Comment

Ouch - feel your pain! Was in the same situation a few days ago. Get well soon!!
        blog

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
          Really sorry to hear that you're not well - is it something you ate? Or perhaps the shock from the sheer scale of the Do surprised your stomach?
          Well, obviously that must be true!!

Greetings from the fantastic, fabulous, extraordinary, superlative-filled OSLO DO!

The weather here is lovelyyyy! It's really held up so well so far, beautiful sunny days, BLUE skies, temperature that doesn't freeze you (even at night), and clean air.

Norwegians seem to be an all-round friendly bunch of people, and I must say it was a pity that SQfg fell sick.

So far, have covered the major points of interest, thanks to our host offering to drive us around everywhere - dinner prices, unfortunately, have pounded my credit card and I'm gonna have to change more money this morning. (changed 1,800 NOK, thought it'd be enough for 4 days, hell no...).

Oh dear, it's one thing to enjoy 'the good life' here, but when it comes time to swipe the plastic, OUCH - two dinners alone have cost me in excess of USD225, for very delicate portions...

Thankfully, LHR lost my one checked-in bag (Suites-tagged, no less!!!) so travel insurance is comping S$500, which will balance out maybe two dinners at this terribly expensive place! Yay!

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled programming - I am flying out tomorrow afternoon, so here's to making the most out of my last 24 hours roaming OSL and its surroundings.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            Well, obviously that must be true!!

Greetings from the fantastic, fabulous, extraordinary, superlative-filled OSLO DO!

The weather here is lovelyyyy! It's really held up so well so far, beautiful sunny days, BLUE skies, temperature that doesn't freeze you (even at night), and clean air.

Norwegians seem to be an all-round friendly bunch of people, and I must say it was a pity that SQfg fell sick.

So far, have covered the major points of interest, thanks to our host offering to drive us around everywhere - dinner prices, unfortunately, have pounded my credit card and I'm gonna have to change more money this morning. (changed 1,800 NOK, thought it'd be enough for 4 days, hell no...).

Oh dear, it's one thing to enjoy 'the good life' here, but when it comes time to swipe the plastic, OUCH - two dinners alone have cost me in excess of USD225, for very delicate portions...

Thankfully, LHR lost my one checked-in bag (Suites-tagged, no less!!!) so travel insurance is comping S$500, which will balance out maybe two dinners at this terribly expensive place! Yay!

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled programming - I am flying out tomorrow afternoon, so here's to making the most out of my last 24 hours roaming OSL and its surroundings.
            Glad you're enjoying it. Shame that bit of the vacation went completely to HEL. (where incidentally, it's raining)

Comment

Glad you are having a good time in Oslo. The Vigeland park is beautiful :-) Yeah, food can be quite expensive here compared to South East Asia and having some wine or beer to go with the food will cost you an arm and a leg. That is why Norwegians are so happy when they can travel to a place where the drinks are cheaper
              Regards
              Gard
              http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                Breaking news: SQFG falls sick and spends evening in hotel room. Apologies to the other attendees.
                Oh dear, not good. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  Oh dear, not good. Hope you're feeling better soon.
                  I'm okay ish now... Nothing like a bit of flying to soothe the soul...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    Nice! Was this Amex or something else ?

For these situations, you have to work out which insurance(s) you can claim on and which would be best. Some only pay out if you use that card to pay for the ticket, the amounts/time periods are different and some even base it on the number of pax in your group (which if a family of parents and kids can lead to a substantial amount!).

Comment

• Citi Premiermiles' partnership with AIG Singapore...

I have to go through the rigamarole, however (and they had no delivery receipt except another sticker on top of the original SQ luggage tag..

Comment

• Well, we have reached the last leg of the greatest DO ever, and it's with great sadness that I type this final message from the SAS Scandinavian Lounge. Off to the gate for my first ever LH experience and now comes the practical test after studying the great nickbot's guide to the FRA FCT religously!

Comment

• Greetings from the First Class Terminal in Frankfurt. It seems like I'm not the first one here....

Regards
                          Gard
                          http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            Nice Marge Simpson's hairstyle, kyo+.

Comment

• Well, as everyone knows, I took thousands of photos, spent many days in Oslo and saw many sights. Shame the dog ate the camera when i came back (where have i heard that one before?), so you'll have to make do with what's left that I could salvage from the SD card after it came out the other end...

No1 as far as expensive airport trains go. It is bloody quick though. 210km/h or so it was on the brochure. Definitely does what it says on the box. 22 minutes from Gardermoen if going via lillestrom or 19 or so direct. At 170NOK one way, the pricification is not cheap-malaysian-tourist friendly!

Dronningensgate

Karl Johan's gate

That's all the disk recovery guy said he could recover

Comment

• Originally posted by gardkarlsen View Post
                                Nice to see Kyo+ has embraced his namesake!
                                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                                X