DO:Oslo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    I mean "animal" or "nasty thing on a plate" picture.
    You should ask kyo+ to tell you about his culinary adventures in Vietnam.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      No worries, we bring some Sup Tulang for you if you come, HUGE AL...
      Now THAT I'm totally down with!

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
      But then I may never talk to him again!
      HUGE AL

Comment

Are you telling me that a "wiener schnitzel" in SGN might involve a whole lot more than I bargained for, given the propensity in some cultures to eat unusual parts of animals?

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
          I did BKK-OSL on the A346, but as I was not that impressed with TG overall (ICN-HKG-BKK-OSL) I'm still debating whether to do the TR or not...
          Yes please

When SQ stopped the 2 class A345 service to EWR,
          I'd booked to fly the TG service to JFK in J.

The service was cancelled before I got to fly.

Been wondering "What if..." ever since

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
            Are you telling me that a "wiener schnitzel" in SGN might involve a whole lot more than I bargained for, given the propensity in some cultures to eat unusual parts of animals?
            They eat certain animals which we normally would not. It can be difficult and ungracious for a guest to reject food when the hosts are trying to be kind.

Comment

They eat certain animals which we normally would not. It can be difficult and ungracious for a guest to reject food when the hosts are trying to be kind.
              This is the recurrent difficulty I usually encounter when travelling in sub-saharian african countries

Comment

Have a great meet up folks!! Sorry I couldn't join in this year!
                blog

Comment

The pre-OSL dinner the attendees (and disappointed onlookers) had last night was a blast - thanks to all the organisers...

I'm now in the SK London Lounge at Heathrow awaiting departure to the Land of the Midnight Sun in 1 hour. Excited as anything... not so excited about the eyebrow-raising, jaw-dropping exchange rates, however! Gawdddd....!!!

Norwegian salmon, here I come...

Comment

Originally posted by gardkarlsen View Post
                    Here is a place near where I live (in Stavanger)...at Kjerag you can check out the view of the Lyse fjord 1000 meter above sealevel:
                    o my god..............
                    gives me a chill just by looking at where you're standing..
                    almost did a scandivian backpacking last year, but didn't make it and went southward instead.

Comment

Hey guys greets from Sheraton Schipol! Last minute change of plans, will be moving my behind to Brussels tomorrow.. So have fun and have a great do (without me )!

Comment

Breaking news: SQFG falls sick and spends evening in hotel room. Apologies to the other attendees.

Well, i got a passport stamp, a flytoget receipt and a few pics of Karl Johan's gate to show for it........ upset

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          Breaking news: SQFG falls sick and spends evening in hotel room. Apologies to the other attendees.

Well, i got a passport stamp, a flytoget receipt and a few pics of Karl Johan's gate to show for it........ upset
                          I know the feeling of being sick while you're on holiday!

Could the other attendees not visit you in your room?

Comment

I know the feeling of being sick while you're on holiday!

Could the other attendees not visit you in your room?
                            Yeah, one of the attendees just came by a few minutes ago. He checked up on me and is now headed out for the event whilst I'm busy trying to hold down lunch and breakfast. :o urgh

Comment

Yeah, one of the attendees just came by a few minutes ago. He checked up on me and is now headed out for the event whilst I'm busy trying to hold down lunch and breakfast. :o urgh
                              Sorry to hear that... If you need medical help (as a foreigner), ask for a cab and head to Oslo Legevakten (http://www.legevakten.oslo.kommune.n...information_2/ - The Emergency Medical Agency) which is kind of like an A&E centre.

Address: Storgata 40, Oslo (about 2-3km from Karl Johan's Gate)
                              Tel: 22 93 22 93
                              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

I'm busy trying to hold down lunch and breakfast. :o urgh
                                Sorry to hear about your stomach upset! Sometimes, the feeling you describe above may be your body's way of telilng you that you should really let go - ideally over a toilet rather than a sink to avoid the need to later fish things out as I needed to do in KUL.

Before you get any ideas - no, not the very nice little designer boutique I stayed in but the big chain hotel by the KLCC!

Comment

Working...
                                X