No announcement yet.

DO:Oslo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha... actually I doubt anyone will be ordering that, to be honest.

Also - that's a Christmas dish. And it'll only be September when we're there. So the chances of not seeing that available anywhere are absurdly high.

Personally, I prefer salmon. Ahhh, fresh Norwegian salmon from the fjords.... mmm

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      OK, fine, fine... no Beef Wellington... hopefully SQ serves it as an F course on SIN-LHR... heheh (yearite)

How about something simple like a steak and kidney (yes, you read that right) pie?
      I'd prefer the Beef Wellington actually! I was looking at this video:

CLICK "I AGREE" TO WATCH THE VIDEO

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
      No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
      I AGREE

and quite fancy eating it again now.

I nearly came close to eating 'cevelles' at Chez Denis in Paris, however... heheh
      I've Googled but have no idea what this is ?!?

Comment

Whoops - it's 'cervelles', although I did see it written in Chez Denise as 'Cervelles d'agneau Meuniere'

i.e. lamb brains

Comment

Sorry guys, due for a trip to Singapore next Wednesday and hence can't make it for the do / meet in OSL.... Have fun though!!
          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

One last update before the fireworks go off...

The Oslo DO is now a meet... and in some cases, a re-meet.

The two local/semi-local Norwegians are in Asia (one of them coming for the F1, whilst we're busy trying to run away from it) so that worked out splendidly.

gardkarlsen valiantly tried to recruit some OSL-based Scanair-dwellers to come along for the party. But it was to no avail.

A prominent local OSL-based blogger has offered to meet up instead, so looking forward to meeting at *least* one local Norwegian! Hooray!

We'll be seeing the sights and in one week from now, starting to wind things down.

Thanks to everyone who at some point showed their interest. It goes without saying that DOs in the middle of the week = DON'Ts...

However, since we anticipated that from the start, no harm done. And there'll be still a few adventures apart from the main event that will be happening next week, so anticipate some TRs from that..

Comment

I'm telling you, it was the fish head that killed it.
              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                I'm telling you, it was the fish head that killed it.
                That wasn't fish my friend

Comment

I mean "animal" or "nasty thing on a plate" picture.

Now, if they had a bone bowl, we might be talking a different story.
                  HUGE AL

Comment

No worries, we bring some Sup Tulang for you if you come, HUGE AL...

I too suspect that Smalahove..

Comment

No worries, we bring some Sup Tulang for you if you come, HUGE AL...

I too suspect that Smalahove..
                      Lucky they didn't show lutefisk!!

Well my excuse for heading to Singapore is work related
                      we can still meet up in Singapore while u are there Kyo... SQFG (and anyone else who happens to be in singapore), would you want to head down south in the next two weeks or so?
                      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

LOL... the Outside OSL-DO.

Yeah, I'll be up for that but very busy on the weekends these next two weeks!

Comment

If you're taking the TG A345 to OSL, could you post a TR on the flight please?

Comment

Sorry, I'm not and as far as I know, neither of the two attendees are

SQ on SIN-LHR, SK from LHR-OSL

Then OSL-FRA on LH, FRA-BKK on LH...

I don't prefer TG unless I have to work it into my schedule, or the mileage is good (obviously, these are redemption tix, so the only TG leg I have is BKK-SIN)

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                              If you're taking the TG A345 to OSL, could you post a TR on the flight please?
                              I did BKK-OSL on the A346, but as I was not that impressed with TG overall (ICN-HKG-BKK-OSL) I'm still debating whether to do the TR or not...

Comment

As Nike says, "Just Do It"

We love TG horror stories, don't we.. but to not stray too far of course, what we love more is the absurdity of the OSL DO!

Comment

Working...
                                X