No announcement yet.

DO:Oslo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some selfish reasons, how about Munich? It is an Oktoberfest week and we could all be drinking and eating sausages for our meet.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
      I vote for a change of venue.
      Originally posted by UMD View Post
      For some selfish reasons, how about Munich? It is an Oktoberfest week and we could all be drinking and eating sausages for our meet.
      Okay... how about Dhaka? . We could all be drinking and eating sausages and then puking ourselves silly afterwards for our meet.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
        Okay... how about Dhaka? . We could all be drinking and eating sausages and then puking ourselves silly afterwards for our meet.
        Sounds wonderful...
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

You're really selling it to me... where do I sign up?

Comment

That's cool, Dhaka is only a short hop from Yangon.

Comment

Okay, okay - Dhaka it is... in 2099...

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                UMD - I did suggest that last year but it didn't seem people were too keen before the VIE DO... I'm happy to do this next year, however. I just realised also that due to a TG re-schedule, I'll be in MUC on the 17th of Feb next year. Wonder if there's any SQTalkers there...

But I can make another suggestion: How about after your jaunt to Oktoberfest in MUC this year, you fly up to FRA and take LH782 to BKK, and we will have a mini-Oktoberfest in the FRA FCT?

Kill two birds with one stone...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                  I'll be in MUC on the 17th of Feb next year. Wonder if there's any SQTalkers there...
                  I don't think I'll be in MUC mid-week but if you have time (1 day) and nothing better to do, do consider taking a day trip to Neuschwanstein Castle - the inspiration behind Disney's Sleeping Beauty castle and apparently one of Germany's most popular tourist attractions.

You can get to it by train from the airport (changing once) and a short taxi ride:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...79&postcount=5

Comment

I've been trying to see how I can fit this one in. I'll be in Seoul, London, Macau and Auckland over the next 5 weeks and amazingly the 22-24th do have me back in Singapore but immediately after it's off to NZ....hmmmmm. I've never been to Oslo! But seriously, there ain't no way in hell I'm eating the head of a pig!! I barely made it through chicken testicle in Beijing...
                    blog

Comment

haf, hope to have you join - I guess TG is one way to get there... SIN-BKK-OSL.

The photographs that await you are bound to be stunning. If you stay a few days more, you can even go further up north and I hear the Northern Lights should be best viewed in the month of September... so tempting!

Unfortunately, I can't change my flights back thus I'll have to make another visit to see them if I can't see them when in Oslo. There's also a 'Norway in a Nutshell' tour that can be done within 24 hours for those on time-constraints... I am still on the fence if I will try this or not.

Or you can join me or SQflyergirl flying off on Sunday or Monday via LHR (on SQ). I, personally, don't prefer pork, thus the salmon and lutefisk will suit me just fine. I have heard so many good things about Norwegian salmon, seriously... so I know what I'll be gunning for.

And I'm glad I didn't try chicken testicle in Beijing.

Will update tomorrow - obviously, this will be downgraded to more of a Meet than a DO, now. Hopefully those Norwegian SQTalkers will step up to the plate.

flo, any comments?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                        And I'm glad I didn't try chicken testicle in Beijing.
                        Personally, I'm glad that I haven't tried any testicle anywhere.

Having said that, a French restaurant in London (with 2 Michelin stars no less!) does do (I'm told) rather tasty lambs' gonads:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...ls-399515.html

From the starters, I chose Croquettes of Lamb Sweetmeats, Tartare of Native Oyster with Sweet Corn & Thai Curry, Watercress Salad. By "sweetmeats", did they mean sweetbreads? No they didn't. They gave it to me straight. Sweetbreads are lamb thymus glands (which I knew), whereas sweetmeats are testicles. Before me lay two small croquettes in a puddle of brown-white sauce and a miniature slurry of sweetcorn and oyster bits. The "sweetmeats", in their light crunchy shells, were delicious – light-textured, white with a pink tinge, a bit like processed chicken, but classier. ... My first brush with lightly battered bollocks was an unexpected pleasure
                        Forget the Beef Wellington!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                          Forget the Beef Wellington!
                          OK, fine, fine... no Beef Wellington... hopefully SQ serves it as an F course on SIN-LHR... heheh (yearite)

How about something simple like a steak and kidney (yes, you read that right) pie?

I nearly came close to eating 'cevelles' at Chez Denis in Paris, however... heheh

Comment

kyo - the plot thickens! I have just found out that my Seoul trip next week has been moved to the week of the 22nd! D'oh! That just killed my chance of getting over there now.

And I also forgot I have a 11am tee time at Batam on the 21st! Priorities here!! - okay, I would have cancelled this for you guys, give me some credit!

Seriously though, would have been nice to duck over for a meet up! Not that we can't do this locally of course! But, to do it in Oslo just has a lovely ring to it.
                            blog

Comment

Originally posted by haf View Post
                              kyo - the plot thickens! I have just found out that my Seoul trip next week has been moved to the week of the 22nd! D'oh! That just killed my chance of getting over there now.

And I also forgot I have a 11am tee time at Batam on the 21st! Priorities here!! - okay, I would have cancelled this for you guys, give me some credit
                              Haha, no worries! This 'DO' (now a Meet) was always in the "let's wait and see if the response picks up" category.

Originally posted by haf View Post
                              But, to do it in Oslo just has a lovely ring to it.
                              My sentiments exactly! With your DSLR, you'd have gotten some world-class photography in, no doubt!

Comment

I'll be in Riga that week, so I was thinking of attending until I saw the photos of death on a dinner plate. That put me right off.

Comment

Working...
                                X