• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday!

As always, all the best for you!
    Cheers.

Comment

happy birthday
      Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

thank you all so very much. it was truly a special day. my girlfriend bought me 4 amazing books on aviation (one about aviation law, another about airport architectural design, the third about getting your pilot's license, and the fourth a beautiful book containing pictures of several different aircraft (the first picture in the book is an SQ 747-400, so she knew it was perfect for me)). she also arranged for a private plane flight lesson, where i piloted a cessna out past catalina island and back (i didn't take off or land, but everything above 1000 feet for the 90 minute flight, i was piloting, which was the thrill of a lifetime). finally, she signed me up for instruction to get my pilot's license (i'm telling you, being in the cockpit is so much better than sq F). after that, we enjoyed some wine and shared a monster 5 lb lobster at one of our favorite restaurants. it was truly a perfect day.

Comment

What an amazing day you've had! Hope you took plenty of pics of the occasion since it's your first time being a pilot, I presume?

Now if only I could suggest the same to the SO..

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            What an amazing day you've had! Hope you took plenty of pics of the occasion since it's your first time being a pilot, I presume?

Now if only I could suggest the same to the SO..
            thanks kyo- i truly am a lucky guy...anyone who has met my girlfriend can attest to that. she definitely brings out the best in me. my girlfriend was in the back while i was piloting and she was snapping away. i think she will post them to her facebook tomorrow. i will send you the link.

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
              thank you all so very much. it was truly a special day. my girlfriend bought me 4 amazing books on aviation (one about aviation law, another about airport architectural design, the third about getting your pilot's license, and the fourth a beautiful book containing pictures of several different aircraft (the first picture in the book is an SQ 747-400, so she knew it was perfect for me)). she also arranged for a private plane flight lesson, where i piloted a cessna out past catalina island and back (i didn't take off or land, but everything above 1000 feet for the 90 minute flight, i was piloting, which was the thrill of a lifetime). finally, she signed me up for instruction to get my pilot's license (i'm telling you, being in the cockpit is so much better than sq F). after that, we enjoyed some wine and shared a monster 5 lb lobster at one of our favorite restaurants. it was truly a perfect day.
              Wow! That sounds like a truly FUN day you've had!

So when can we expect to engage your piloting services?
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Well, looks like taipeiflyer has become taipeiFLYER

Comment

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a truly wonderful day!

Comment

Belated wishes for a happy birthday, taipeiflyer. It sounds like you had the celebration you richly deserve.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Happy belated birthday taipeiflyer!

Comment

Happy Birthday taipeiflyer! Here's to hoping you have an absolute blast of a time

Comment

Happy birthday taipeiflyer! Have a good one!
                          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Happy Birthday taipeiflyer. What is the special birthday gift you received if it is not confidential?

Comment

Happy BDay, taipeiflyer. Hope you see you hang out here more.

Comment

Happy birthday

Comment

Working...
                                X