SIN Do - 1st June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    jhm, savage25, where are you guys staying?
    I'm staying at my sister's place, somewhere near Outram Park. I can meet anywhere.

Comment

jhm, savage25, where are you guys staying?
      No place to stay for me! I arrive on SQ943 DPS-SIN at 15:35 and leave on BA12 SIN-LHR at 22:55. I'm happy to meet anywhere.

Comment

9V-JKL: I live near Bayshore along the ECP (East Coast Park expressway). It's exactly 8 mins away from Changi T3 by car.

Since it's a Sunday, I'm happy to meet anywhere.

For suggestions on where to go - Brewerkz @ Clark Quay for something more Western... we can follow this with a Singapore Sling at the Raffles Hotel (I think they also do a 15% off promo with certain credit cards)

There's also East Coast Park for Asian/seafood.. for any overseas visitors who have yet to try the famous Singapore Chilli or Pepper crab.

Any chance of SQ LPP coming?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Any chance of SQ LPP coming?
          No, I don't think so.

Comment

For suggestions on where to go - Brewerkz @ Clark Quay for something more Western... we can follow this with a Singapore Sling at the Raffles Hotel (I think they also do a 15% off promo with certain credit cards)

There's also East Coast Park for Asian/seafood.. for any overseas visitors who have yet to try the famous Singapore Chilli or Pepper crab.
            As for myself, I've eaten Singapore chilli/pepper crab many times and tried the Long Bar Singapore Sling once (many years ago). I'll leave it to 9V-JKL and Savage25 to see whether they've done the same or not.

Seriously , thanks for the suggestions, Kyo. I'm happy to eat/drink whatever and go wherever.

Comment

My vote goes for the No Signboard Restaurant at East Coast Seafood Centre...I haven't been to that branch yet.

Comment

Be warned eating crab is a really messy and greasy affair! (not that that's a bad thing)

Just that if anyone's about to eat crab and board a flight, they really should bring a spare change of clothes and put on loads of deodorant after the meal, or else the crab smell will linger in the cabin!

I've heard UDMC is the best there (better than Jumbo), but I cannot verify this as I have not eaten there myself.

Comment

Oh well, Eau de Boeing et Chilli Crab on BA12 then.

The seat next to me is currently showing as empty but who knows whether a lucky pax will show up ?

I've been to Long Beach before but not NSB.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                    Chilli Crab
                    I'd have thought it'd be Crab de Chilli

Comment

Would you guys want to go to East Coast Lagoon hawker instead.

Comment

Would you guys want to go to East Coast Lagoon hawker instead.
                        Hmm I recall having a Satay feast there with some other SQTalkers

They even had a frequent buyer card based on how many sticks you bought.

Comment

No problem with satay feast either... is East Coast Lagoon Hawker Centre good for satay?

Normally I end up going to Lau Pa Sat as they've got 10 stores grilling next to each other vying for Top Satay Stall..

Comment

Originally posted by kluau88 View Post
                            They even had a frequent buyer card based on how many sticks you bought.
                            Is the card as devalued as the PPS card?

Comment

No problem with satay feast either... is East Coast Lagoon Hawker Centre good for satay?

Normally I end up going to Lau Pa Sat as they've got 10 stores grilling next to each other vying for Top Satay Stall..
                              There are 10 in East Coast, here's a shootout of them: http://ieatishootipost.sg/2008/05/ie...oon-satay.html

Comment

IMHO, Red House offers the best Chili Crab in East Coast. You can find crab with claws the size a human hand there too

Comment

Working...
                                X