SQTalkers in the shipping / maritime industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kapitan View Post
    No more my friend,.... with the new sexual harrassment policies, these are all gone, even from the computers.....

and I personally made sure of that...
    Well things sure have changed. So I guess the ship chandlers stopped giving out the raunchy calendars?
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• Originally posted by starrynight000 View Post
      I work for a company headquartered in Oslo Not BW Gas but it's client.. enough for you to know which one? heh..

Was living in Oslo half of 2008
      You have a mail in your inbox...
      God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• We need more Norwegians for the next OSL DO! Welcome one and all!

now if only you'd all joined last year!

Comment

• Just cause I missed posting lately

From my 'Korea' archives...

Comment

• Someone showed me this today:

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

Fascinating! For example, try selecting "Go to Port..." and then "[SG] Singapore" on the left; and then clicking on one of the vessels shown.

Comment

• That site is amazing, thanks jhm! It even has photos of the vessels!

Comment

• This would be the world's largest in its class.... Length overall is 265 metres and the longest cargo space will be about 260 metres...

This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

• Kapitan, where is she being built and which operatic name will she have?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                    Kapitan, where is she being built and which operatic name will she have?
                    MHI, Nagasaki, and the name is as usual a "secret" until the naming ceremony...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLbTe...ature=youtu.be

This is the sister vessel.... delivered recently....

Comment

• Thanks for the pic, kapitan. Do you have to visit MHI much ? I've been to Nagasaki (but not MHI) a few times - it's very charming and one of my favourite places in Japan.

Talking of MHI, the firm I work for just got instructed today in relation to a rather different ship proposed to be built by them (presumably in Nagasaki as well ?) for the client...

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                        Thanks for the pic, kapitan. Do you have to visit MHI much ? I've been to Nagasaki (but not MHI) a few times - it's very charming and one of my favourite places in Japan.

Talking of MHI, the firm I work for just got instructed today in relation to a rather different ship proposed to be built by them (presumably in Nagasaki as well ?) for the client...
                        This is the first to be built by MHI for us..... one more sister to be delivered next year and two more smaller ones year after.... So will be going there a few times over the next 3 years...

Comment

• Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                          MHI, Nagasaki, and the name is as usual a "secret" until the naming ceremony...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLbTe...ature=youtu.be

This is the sister vessel.... delivered recently....
                          Isn't M/V Tønsberg a Wilhelmsen vessel? Isn't there a split between the Norwegian and Swedish companies in terms of vessel management?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                            Isn't M/V Tønsberg a Wilhelmsen vessel? Isn't there a split between the Norwegian and Swedish companies in terms of vessel management?
                            There are 4 of the same class ships built, 2 for us and 2 for Wil..... both managed from their own managing company.... but all goes into a common pool for commercial.....

Comment

• Well, it looks like it's time to add my name to this thread - I just got a training contract with one of the biggest shipping law firms in London. Very excited! Based in London, starting next year

Comment

• Originally posted by stargold View Post
                                Well, it looks like it's time to add my name to this thread - I just got a training contract with one of the biggest shipping law firms in London. Very excited! Based in London, starting next year
                                I believe it's a for everyone as the entry fee to join our very exclusive club!

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                                X