No announcement yet.

SQTalkers in the shipping / maritime industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You will have to upload the pics to another server for them to appear.....

Enclose the link with the [ IMG ] [/ IMG ] .... without the spaces inbetween the brackets...
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Last edited by spannersandbolts; 21 January 2009, 02:39 AM.

Comment

Comment

So you go for a short walk...

...out of your apartment, on a Sunday afternoon, and what do you see?

A nice, brand new, soon to be delivered, car carrier - painted in bright orange/red colour. In the world's second (by size) largest shipyard.

Last edited by N_Architect; 8 March 2009, 04:51 PM. Reason: Uploaded the pictures

Comment

OIC, you are at DSME..........

That ship looks very familiar....... if its painted in green.....

Comment

Hmmm, no, I'm not in DSME...

I just happen to live close by...

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
                Hmmm, no, I'm not in DSME...

I just happen to live close by...
                Do you happen to know an Swedes sitting in DSME ??

Comment

Well, no. But my colleagues in DSME should. I don't even know what class this vsl is (but can find out, of course).

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
                    Well, no. But my colleagues in DSME should. I don't even know what class this vsl is (but can find out, of course).
                    That should ne a DNV....... the green ones, will be LR...

Comment

Noted.

Comment

A bit of a thread revival, but did not know where to post this...

We've just been asked for a possible candidate (to volunteer going) on a 3-week job in Lome, Togo. It is not for a visit to a ship, it is a quality supervision job in a power plant.

Asked my people here (who visited the area last year) and they told me "...it is safe there as long as you stay in the hotel..."

Well, if there is no point going out to take pics and feel the energy of the people and the place, there is not much point for me volunteering going, is there?

Any suggestions? kapitan?

[that'll be a heck of a TR should I get there, right? ]

Comment

N_Architect, for 3 weeks, I'd be worried about boredom rather than crime! For crime, have a look here:

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-...an-africa/togo

It does seem Lome is not a place to go wandering around alone at night.

Comment

Sounds like a place that not many will ever get a chance to visit. The reckless lout in me says go

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                              Okay, let me give you folks a grand tour of one ship that I am involved with.... not the one above.... this lady is 25 years old....

Of course, the brains of the ship...

Down one level, we have the recreation area for the crew and the dining room...

Classic PC/TC... And I am guessing she is the good ship MEDEA!!! I actually did my first cadetship with her in 1997 and I was the first non-Swedish Engine Cadet she had onboard... Stayed onboard for 11 months and finally signed off in OPL SIN...

Gosh this brings back memories... the "Neptunus" banner above the bar was done when I (and a few others) went through our "initiation ceremony" when she first crossed the Equator heading to Australia... Prior to that she was on a Europe-Eastern USA route (North Atlantic crossing) for over a year...

I am guess this was when she went through her upgrade a couple of years back (remember you telling me something about this kapitan).
                              God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Looks really nice.

I'd like to see the buffet

I hear food onboard is excellent.

( on oil rigs too )

Comment

Working...
                                X