Singapore post lockdown(s) drinkies, 29/30 October

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore post lockdown(s) drinkies, 29/30 October

OK folks, its fair to say it has been a while since we had any sort of social gathering due to the last few years of that (still 'this' in some places...) godforsaken pandemic, so it's time we had another one. Not least in case we get hid with another of these bl**dy things. It will also be the 15th anniversary of starting SQT, where many of us have 'met'.

So a few of us have arranged to meet up in Singapore over the weekend of 29/30 October. We haven't sorted a venue or event just yet as we thought we would wait to see what sort of numbers we have. The likelihood is a drinks gathering somewhere on Saturday evening and some of us may go for Brunch on the Sunday. One place it definitely wont be this time is the Grand Hyatt as that has just closed until next year for a refurb.

Below is the list of people that have so far either confirmed their attendance or said they hope to be there. This will of course sort itself out over the next few weeks. So if anyone wants to come along and say hello at some point please come and do so. It would be great to see old friends/faces, and new!:

MAN Flyer
    StarG
    demue
    HUGE AL

B727
    yflyer
    9V-JKL
    Lobster
    pinkfloyd
    SQflyergirl
    LukeGT

Looking forward to it! Have not seen you guys for a couple of years now! The last anniversary get-together was at One Altitude if I remember correctly.
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

I'm in!

Comment

I am most definitely in! Looking forward to meeting our fellow SQTalkers, and any new faces as well!

Comment

Just to update this it looks like we will be getting together for a drink on Saturday night at the rooftop bar at the Andaz, Mr Stork. We will be there from around 19:30 onwards.

A few of us are also going for Sunday Brunch at The Fullerton. While some of us are in regular contact off line if anyone else wishes to join us let us know on here, via PM or through whoever they know on the list.

Comment

We can add Kapitan to the list.
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Hihi,

Can I join as well, been following this site for 7 years now and would be a good time meet IRL first time.

Comment

Originally posted by balajih67 View Post
                Hihi,

Can I join as well, been following this site for 7 years now and would be a good time meet IRL first time.
                Look forward to meeting you in person, balajih67!

Comment

As most of those attending are already aware I will unfortunately not be there this weekend due to a matter that cropped up yesterday. Very disappointed, not least as a couple of us were going to have and SQ RIP Dom P party on board on the way down. But at times as we all know there are more important things that need attending to. :-)

I have left both bookings as they are and hope those still attending have fun as we usually do at these things. I also hope the weather holds for you, especially tomorrow!!.

balajih67, please do make your way over to meet the group. Dropping yflyer a PM is probably the best bet to get in touch with them.

I will be out again before the end of the year so look forward to catching up with folk then.

Enjoy!!

Comment

Hey MAN Flyer, we will all miss you at the session tonight! Hope to catch up in the near future next time you are in Singapore! I'll be there tonight, and look forward to catching up with our SQTalk friends face to face again after a long time!

Balajih67 do check your PMs -- I've sent you more details for tonight and hope you can make it!

On a separate but related note, Kyo (who is in MEL at the moment) had very smart looking SQTalk dark blue polo shirts custom made previously. These are still available, and he was kind enough to have them brought to Singapore for this event. They are S$22 each and I'll bring them tonight in case anyone is interested in purchasing them.

Comment

Hey MAN Flyer, sorry you'll have to miss this one out but looking forward to meeting up when you are next in town!

Comment

Hello Pinkfloyd, Viraj735, Lobster, Kapitan, it was great meeting up face to face yesterday, after a long time! We were missing quite a number of key folks, not least MAN Flyer and StarG, where circumstances conspired against us all on this occasion. HUGE AL and 9V-JKL were also planning to attend, but once again, the unexpected struck!

But I am sure there will be other opportunities, hopefully sooner rather than later...dare I ask for a 16th anniversary celebration, or hopefully some inaugural, as things slowly get back to normal, rather than hold out for the big 20?

Thanks, MAN Flyer, for organising the superb venue at Mr Stork, where we had amazing views of the Singapore skyline, including 1-Altitude, whose rooftop was the venue of the 10th anniversary!

Cheers everyone, and all the very best! Hope to meet up with all those who couldn't make it next time round!

Last edited by yflyer; 30 October 2022, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Was a great night!

Comment

Working...
                          X