No announcement yet.

The Whipped Cream Waltz in VIE DO! [27-28 Sept 2008]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neither phaleesy nor I have booked our flights yet but will do in the next few weeks. I'll probably arrive on Saturday morning and leave on Sunday evening. phaleesy may arrive one day earlier for (more) cultural activities. We have a reservation at the LM.

Comment

perfect! once i've had my last finals, I will update this thread and come up with a program. Seems that there will be a big party at the LM, KeithMEL is also staying there.
      Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Intending to arrive at 0830 on the 26th of September morning on LX1574.

Any help from anyone coming into VIE from ZRH to get into any of the lounges at ZRH between 0610 - 0710 would be most appreciated as I'll just have got off the long-haul LX183 (in Economy Saver *gawd*) and should look like a zombie (and by the time I arrive in Vienna, will definitely become one).

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
          Neither phaleesy nor I have booked our flights yet but will do in the next few weeks. I'll probably arrive on Saturday morning and leave on Sunday evening. phaleesy may arrive one day earlier for (more) cultural activities. We have a reservation at the LM.
          How 'bout flying out Friday arvo on BA704?
          I'd be down the back though so no bubbly for me. I sure hope they're still serving that v nice Nobilo Sauv Blanc in ET.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            How 'bout flying out Friday arvo on BA704?
            I'd be down the back though so no bubbly for me. I sure hope they're still serving that v nice Nobilo Sauv Blanc in ET.
            If I manage to get Friday off, I'd take the earliest flight at 0735. Could meet up for dinner or supper.

Comment

Stick me down as a "maybe" for the moment.

I have to be in Germany in October so if that is early enough in the month i might squeeze a stop-over in Austria on the way through. Let you know nearer the time, hope to find out the October schedule later this month (July).

Comment

I was just in Vienna earlier in the year, so may instead stay the extended weekend in Bratislava and just pop over for a lunch/coffee thing. I'll have to see my work travel schedule too, have some penciled for Sept and Oct so I can't pin down my dates just yet.

Comment

I have made slightly advanced steps towards ensuring I turn up:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...87&postcount=9

However, I'm wondering if I come 1-2 days early, and if anyone would be keen for a roadtrip (we rent a car or something, unless anyone has a car) to Oktoberfest in Munchen!!! (been dying to go for what seems like forever...)

florianwagner, I'm looking at you and petz!

We can umm... build up our alcohol tolerance... in preparation.. for the weekend ahead!

Germany will never know what hit 'em and we'll be back for cake by Friday (or maybe Saturday if we get really, really lost)!

Comment

I've booked at the LM too, but may arrive on fri through to sun morning only. I have to be in CPH in time to catch my flight to LCY in the afternoon. I meet my flatmate in LCY and we both leave for YVR the next day.

Looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      I have made slightly advanced steps towards ensuring I turn up:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...87&postcount=9

However, I'm wondering if I come 1-2 days early, and if anyone would be keen for a roadtrip (we rent a car or something, unless anyone has a car) to Oktoberfest in Munchen!!! (been dying to go for what seems like forever...)

florianwagner, I'm looking at you and petz!

We can umm... build up our alcohol tolerance... in preparation.. for the weekend ahead!

Germany will never know what hit 'em and we'll be back for cake by Friday (or maybe Saturday if we get really, really lost)!
                      Sure, MUC would be splendid. I can't really tell now if I can go because I'm starting at a new firm in September and they probably won't let me go on vacation that soon ... but who knows

Unfortunately neither me or petz driver, but we might just go with some friends of ours. They do and they might want to go to the Oktoberfest!

Comment

Hehe, I also can't commit at the moment because if the gf comes to the DO, I don't think she would be too happy with me downing loads of beer and then hitting the road..

The thought of renting a BMW and driving on the Autobahn at speeds unheard of in Singapore is also so tempting!

Comment

Hehe, I also can't commit at the moment because if the gf comes to the DO, I don't think she would be too happy with me downing loads of beer and then hitting the road.
                          If you or your drinking buddies are driving, I can't see anyone being happy with that ... particularly other, more responsible drivers and innocent pedestrians and travellers.
                          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Hehe, I also can't commit at the moment because if the gf comes to the DO, I don't think she would be too happy with me downing loads of beer and then hitting the road..

The thought of renting a BMW and driving on the Autobahn at speeds unheard of in Singapore is also so tempting!
                            speeds unheard .... 130 km/h isnt that much in austria haha.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                              If you or your drinking buddies are driving, I can't see anyone being happy with that ... particularly other, more responsible drivers and innocent pedestrians and travellers.
                              Absolutely right. Will only do this car rental thing if the lady is driving. I'm not actually that much of a beer guy anyway. But I do want to see the spectacle that is Oktoberfest!

florianwagner: HEyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!! We can do 100km/h here!

Comment

I'm in*. Arriving Saturday early afternoon, leaving Sunday late morning.

*As always , this is contingent on my project not requiring weekend work.
                                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
                                X