No announcement yet.

The Whipped Cream Waltz in VIE DO! [27-28 Sept 2008]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gosh ... sorry i didn't tell but there are SO many places to grab some food on the ring. just pinning it down to one would be a waste of the options but i can make sure i reserve something. i will check back!
    Home is where your heart is.

Comment

• Originally posted by florianwagner View Post
      gosh ... sorry i didn't tell but there are SO many places to grab some food on the ring. just pinning it down to one would be a waste of the options but i can make sure i reserve something. i will check back!
      No need! I was not entirely serious.

I think I'll go and find the "world's biggest schnitzel" for Sat lunch - I've been looking forward to that but then find it's the night before I arrive.

Comment

• honestly, having the schnitzel for lunch, then cakes, then heuriger ... phew i've seen very (and i mean veeeeeery) big guys struggling with finishing the schnitzel

Comment

• I am out, unfortunately....canceled my award flights today. Couldn't avoid tomorrow's stuff and had to postpone moving into my new apartment from today until Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
            I am out, unfortunately....canceled my award flights today. Couldn't avoid tomorrow's stuff and had to postpone moving into my new apartment from today until Saturday.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
              I am out, unfortunately....canceled my award flights today. Couldn't avoid tomorrow's stuff and had to postpone moving into my new apartment from today until Saturday.
              Sorry to hear the news. Hope you are settling in your new flat smoothly.
              Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              Free mini-bar party at Savage25's mansion is not going to happen after all.

Comment

• Just thought I should mention that the train System is quite confusing you need to know how to validate your Ticket. Or when not to. The CAT I think is way easier if you don't want to get lost even if it is more expensive.

Comment

• you think so kyo? basically with the train it's one thing:if you have a valid ticket for the vienna zones, you do not have to purchase the full airport-city fare but a ticket to the city border. since none of you guys have a vienna-zones ticket, just buy a regular ticket to vienna, this ticket can also be used to get you to your hotel, no devaluating whatsoever needed. just buy the ticket, get on the train, let the guy who passes through devaluate your ticket and take the ubahn to your hotel not that hard

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                    Hope you are settling in your new flat smoothly.
                    Its looking like a dorm room, really, with suitcases and boxes lying around and me being too lazy to start unpacking yet, thinking I'd rather be in VIE.

Comment

• No updates at the happening place?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                        No updates at the happening place?
                        We're too stuffed (with cake, whipped cream, chocolates and schnitzel) to do a do-report!

But having said that, I want to thank florianwagner, Petz and lurker for taking us all over Vienna for cakes in the day, and booze in the night!

I had a great time.

Kyo, I hope you had your "prune-pankcake" dish for breakfast today!

It was great to have met some of you again, met some of you for the first time, and some of you who didn't turn up (you know who you are!)

Thanks again!

Next time, Zurich perhaps?
                        Last edited by Guy Betsy; 3 October 2008, 05:38 AM.

Comment

• Excessive consumption of coffee and the consequent caffeine buzz feels WAY worse than any hangover i've experienced...

I've had a great time meeting up with everyone, and I look forward to the next event. Thank you to our gracious hosts for organising a spendid DO.
                          Last edited by KeithMEL; 28 September 2008, 10:53 PM.
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• I agree, great hosts; fun conversations; and very late night. At least now we know it is possible to flag taxis down past midnight. VIE's subway system is now my favorite in Europe.

Thanks, flo, petz, and lurker-for-now.

ZRH sounds interesting, GB.
                            Last edited by jjpb3; 29 September 2008, 05:17 AM.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Glad everyone had fun

Comment

• Many thanks to Flo, petz and our musical lurker for a very enjoyable weekend in VIE!

I don't think I've eaten and drank so much coffee, cream and sugar as I have had in the last 24 hours! Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time (or indeed, stomach space) to try Kaiserschmarren - next time I'm in Vienna!

Comment

Working...
                                X